+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 75 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    JB, your scans look amazing. So much details for 12 weeks. Have you told everyone now? I agree with you. The last few weeks have been really slow for me. I can't believe it's only 4.5 weeks since I found out I was pregnant.

Annerley, when will you find out the sex? We will find out as well. Too impatient hehe but 20 weeks scan seems so far away. Right now I'm just looking forward to the 12 weeks scan on 17 feb.

Thanks ladies for the recommendation. I've heard bio oil is the go-er. Like you all said, it doesn't really matter what oil I use. It runs in the family that we will get bad stretch mark. My mum and sister both had it. Looks like I'll have to wear it in pride.

Had the 8 week scan. Couldn't see much as still too small but could hear the heartbeat. Amazing! Heartbeat at 169bpm. Everything else is good too. Measuring 4 days behind but ob didn't seem worried at all. He said in the scheme of things, 4 days is nothing.

I swear people at work know I'm pregnant. I'm big already! Can't believe only 8.5 weeks and I can't fit into my jeans, work pants and skirts anymore. I blame my clothes! Too tight haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad it's going well with you minib! I was so impatient for my scans too (still am for the 20 week scan), they feel like they are so far away when you just want to see your bub again!

AFM I'm 17 weeks now! Have my next scan on 7th February & looking forward to it. Not having a good day today though, work up with really bad lower back pain & ended up calling the midwife at the hospital - she advised me to rest so I'm home spending the day on the couch. I always feel guilty when I take time off work, but I guess being pregnant isn't the best time to just 'tough it out' at work. Other than that I've been pretty good though. I've really popped, I had to go & buy new work shirts the other day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Muppa - I am so sorry to hear about what happened to you. My heart goes out to you and your DH completely and I’m sending you big hugs. You are one of the bravest women I’ve ever encountered on this forum. No one should ever have to go through the procedure a second time because of incompetence. I know it won’t make it all better, but I hope they acknowledge the wrong doing. How are you feeling now? Like Annerley said, please feel free to come back here any time and share your progress and frustrations.

Annerley - I hope you have a good sleeper too. I have a feeling my little one isn’t going to be … But I will enjoy the sleeplessness all the same. Oh, I can’t wait until I get to feel any kind of sensation. Hopefully the big kicks aren’t too far away for you. Enjoy seeing your little one on Thursday. Is this when you’ll find out the gender?

Mini - I hope the 17th comes around really quickly for you. The 12 week scan is just amazing. Don’t worry, people at work knew I was pregnant at 8 weeks because I had a little belly. You’ll love it when it gets slightly bigger and everyone can tell!

Heartstringz - I hope your back is getting better. I find that my back is really sore in the mornings but then gets a bit better. Hopefully a day of rest is just what you need. Congratulations on getting to 17 weeks!! I hope the 7th comes around really quickly for you.

AFM - I’m now 16 weeks and everything is going great. I’m having trouble sleeping though because I have to get up so often and I’m so conscious of not sleeping on my back that I never get a deep sleep. Like DH said, it will be like this for the next five years so get used to it! Ha ha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Sandra, I'm pretty excited to see bub tomorrow since this has been the longest I have had to wait in between scans! Tomorrow is an obs appointment and he did ask me last time if I'd be finding out ( I said yes) so I'm hoping he will tell me, otherwise I'll have to be patient and wait for my 20wk scan. DH can't make it to tomorrow's appointment due to work so if he offers the gender, I'm planning on asking him to write it down so DH and I read it and find out together.
    The whole thing of sleeping on you left side is really annoying, I've always slept on my right side before being pregnant, have you got a pregnancy pillow? I'm thinking of getting one to make it easier!
    Yay for 16wks! Welcome to the 5th month of pregnancy!!

Minib- how exciting that you got a scan! To be honest, the first month after getting my bfp dragged for me and since the 8wk scan this pregnancy has flown! If I don't find out the sex tomorrow, I'll find out on 1st feb, I'm hoping that I get both opinions so I'll be more confident that they are right!
    It's funny about your work colleagues, I just came back from two weeks holiday and I think my work colleagues were expecting I'd come back looking huge after they hadn't seen me for a bit but all week all I've been hearing is, oh you're hardly showing, where are you hiding that baby or it looks like you've just gained a bit of weight that's all! Surprisingly, I came home from holidays and still fit into my regular work pants (they were always a little big) so I think normal clothes hide the bump well as they don't let it stick out as much.

Heartstringz- I really can't believe how far along we all are, I'm coming up to 19wks, for me it's flying! Are you planning to find out the gender on the 7th?
    Im constantly counting down the days left at work, I've even taken off all the public holidays to make it seem shorter. I had already organised in my head when I was planning on leaving and my boss asked me the other day and today starting planning for my replacement so they'll be trained up in time. Any ideas when you ladies are planning on finishing work? I have a feeling it will come around quickly!
    I ordered maternity uniforms for work yesterday too, can't wait for them to arrive as I only have two shirts left that look decent!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley, I hope your scan went well!!! I'm already counting down the days to when I leave work too! No, we aren't planning on finding out the gender, we'll keep it a surprise.

Annerley & Sandra, I have a pregnancy pillow (got it for xmas) & I only just started using it recently to see if it helped with the lower back pain. I really like it.

Sandra, I also tend to put an extra pillow behind me when I'm lying on my side in bed, so that if I do roll over I can't go all the way onto my back because of the pillow. It seems to work quite well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley - How did the scan go? Did you end up finding out or do you have to wait for the 20 week scan? Have you had any more movements? I bought a pregnancy pillow on the weekend and it’s been quite good actually. They’re very comfortable! I’ve already handed in my notice at work - eagre I know. I’m just not overly happy here at the moment and this is the big light I’ve been waiting for. I’ll be finishing up at the start of May, so I’ll be 7 months along. It’s a bit early, but luckily DH also wants me to finish up this early and rest as much as possible before bub comes. Only 14 weeks to go!

Heartstringz - When have you decided to finish up? You have so much willpower not wanting to find out the gender - well done! I’ve also started putting a pillow behind me and have found this helps. I always find myself waking and thinking “what side am I on?”!

I hope everyone else is travelling well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sandra, I'm also finishing up in early May - there is a lot going on at work at the moment & it's stressful & upsetting and I'm really over it. If I hadn't got pregnant I think I would have left anyway (or gone off on stress leave) so I'm glad that this has come at a good time! I'm already counting down! Can't wait to get out of there!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sandra and Heartstringz

My obs appointment went well last week, was so good to see baby after what felt like a while. The obs didn't offer the sex so I didn't push it (I assumed he would ask me if he would tell me and I have heard some don't like telling you before 20wk scan). The scan is this Saturday so not long now! I won't get the actual morphology results on the day, just the scan and the gender and I have to call my obs next week so he can tell me the health side of things as the person doing the scan won't be qualified to say.

I'm finishing work mid may so I have 15weeks to go after this one! I'm counting down too and my job has officially been advertised so they can train someone up in time. I'm jealous of you two leaving earlier, I think if I pushed it with my DH he wouldn't have minded (I honestly could have told him that the normal time to leave is much earlier and he wouldn't have known since we works in an all male industry) but as I plan to be a stay at home mum for a few years, I don't think the extra couple of weeks will hurt me. I can understand if you hate your job that you'd want to be out of there ASAP!

Glad you got your pillow Sandra. I haven't had a chance yet but since I've settled back into my own bed after my holiday, I've been sleeping really well. I've had some more movements, instead of them just being flutters, they are more like tapping feelings and flinches, I feel them a couple of times a day one and don't have to concentrate to feel them as they are now more obvious. Just need a big proper kick now! Can't wait for DH to feel it or to actually be able to see movement from the outside. Have you two had any flutters?
    Last edited by Annerley; 29-01-2014 at 19:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heartstringz - It’s good to hear that you’re putting yourself first. I remember when you first did IVF your workplace was causing you major stress. I’m the same as you, if this hadn’t have worked I would have ended up leaving anyway. It’s crazy how unhappy a workplace can make you.

Annerley - I’m so happy to hear that you got to see your little miracle again. How exciting that you’ll finally get to find out on Saturday! Do you know how long it will be before you ob gets the results? Good luck with it all. It’s good to see that we are all finishing around the same time. It’s great to hear I’m not going to be the only stay at home mum for the next few years! We can share stories. I’m happy to hear that you’re sleeping well again. It really does make all the difference. How amazing about the movements you are starting to feel. I’m so jealous! My placenta is sitting at the front so I’ve been told it will be an extra two or three weeks for me to start feeling things as the placenta will act as a barrier. Oh well, it will all be worth the wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great Sandra! I don't think I know many other stay at home mums. Mine and DHs mums both stayed at home and it's what we've also planned to do too. My mum said she copped it a bit from others when she chose to stay at home and has already told me to expect it, especially when most people go back to work these days. I haven't really made it a known thing to those who I think will say something (these are mostly the ones I know who already have kids and went back to work). Have you found or do you think people will judge you for it? I don't really care what others think but just find it interesting!
    i always find it ironic that I waited a couple of yrs after some of my friends to have kids so we'd be able to survive on one income and then only to be struck with infertility! I guess it's the way it goes but on the upside we've have almost two extra years to prepare for this!

I'm really excited for my scan and have already planned a shopping afternoon after it. The obs said to call 3days after the scan but he is only there tues and thurs so I think I'll leave it until Thursday since I'm having a weekend appointment.

Hopefully you don't have long until the movements start. I was only thinking the other week that I hadn't felt anything and next thing it started. My placenta is on the back so I knew I should feel something earlier.

count down is on for you too, only about 2wks to go, yay!
    Last edited by Annerley; 30-01-2014 at 19:52.