+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sandra, wow almost 15 weeks now. Fantastic to hear everything is going really well. And that you are enjoying food again. I also can't wait to see some baby belly and pass this nausea. Are you going to find out the sex of the baby?

Annerley, your holiday sounds fantastic. NZ is such a beautiful country especially the South Island. I love it! I'm seeing my ob on Thursday so not sure if I will have a scan then? The ob doesn't have the machine in his room. Wow you are very organised! That's good. Can't wait to hear if you are having a girl or boy. What's your gut feel telling you?

How's everyone else? JB? Riss?

Question for everyone please. What cream, if any, do you use for stretch mark? I know I can't avoid it but I think it might help to a degree? I have heard bodyshop cocoa butter or Palmer. Any recommendation?

AFM, going ok. Still have the nausea and averaging 4-5 spews a day lol. Can't wait for 13 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hi Ladies, had our 12 wk scan today and everything is looking really good!! Yay!!

The scan was so detailed - getting to see their hearts beating, placenta working, eyes, hands, feet, stomach, bladder, brain, spine - it's so amazing! They were both wriggling around so much - so surreal to see. Although neither of them were in the right position so had lots of manipulation both vaginally & stomach but the sonographer got the measurements she needed and we were told from that we are low risk then the doctor called with the results to confirm that... So both very relieved and excited to start telling friends and extended family this week.

Annerley your trip sounds amazing - and so jealous of you visiting NZ, it's definitely on my list of places to go although with it will be a family trip now! You are definitely very organised, I haven't bought a thing yet, was waiting for yesterdays scan.

Time goes quick for other peoples pregnancies I find but for me personally I've felt like this has been the longest 12 wks ever!

I'm looking forward to hearing what you're both having - so far morning sickness pregnant ladies I know have had girls! We aren't finding out so will be 2 little surprises for us!

Minib I've heard palmers is good & bio oil but then again I was watching (the doctors) I think and they said nothing can be done to prevent them... If you're prone to them you'll get them or they can be genetic. I got them just from growing went I was around 13 so I know they inevitable for me, they eventually fade. If you get them then wear them with pride I say as there are many ladies on BH who'd kill to have them.

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sandra- hope you obs appointment went well! Bring on the 12th few for you, I'll let you ladies know as soon as I find out!
    You are right, the South Island of NZ is beautiful and we finally have nice weather today to really enjoy it! Even though I'll be home on the weekend I'm looking forward to seeing my fur baby and my actual baby at next weeks obs appt. I have felt slight flutters and sometimes I feel like I can feel baby rolling around, I also felt like the baby was pushing on my tummy a couple of times last night but no real big kicks yet so it's hard to not wonder if I'm imagining it!

Minib- glad things are still going well for you except the MS- 4 to 5 times a day, you poor thing!
    Fingers crossed for a scan at your appointment!
    I have a strong feeling it's a boy for us so will find out very soon. I don't have a preference either way but feel as though I'll be shocked if it's a girl as everything is telling me it's a boy- I've had two psychic readings and also checked the Chinese calendar and also apparently the skull theory from my NT scan all say boy but I know these can all be wrong! Will you be finding out?

JB- your scan pics are so cute! I especially love the 3d one of the two of them together! You are very strong in not wanting to find out but I know I'm just too impatient!
    Great news on your NT results, such a relief to pass that hurdle, I have bought a lot of things since getting the all clear at that scan too. I agree with you, the 12wk scan was a lot more detailed than I expected, I thought I'd have to wait until the 20wk scan for them to look at the organs but it was great to know that everything looks good so far! For me I felt that the month between getting my bfp and the 8wk scan dragged but it has now flown ever since. I know a lot of ladies say that it speeds up once they start telling people the news- all the best with your announcements!
    Last edited by Annerley; 14-01-2014 at 13:27.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (14-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and Minib, meant to say that I have a bottle of bio oil but haven't been as committed as I'd planned to in using it. I bought a bottle at 5wks pregnant and haven't even used half of it yet so have been very slack! Luckily I have gotten away without getting any yet but tend to agree with JB that if you are going to get them you probably will regardless of what you do- just have to wait for them to fade if they come

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minib - I feel your pain. I was just as sick as you are and it was so horrible. I stopped being sick at 12 and a half weeks although yesterday wasn’t a fun day. My doctor said to expect more of those - yay! Yes, we will be finding out what we’re having. I’m much too impatient to be surprised. What about you? I’ve started using Bio Oil now that my belly is getting bigger because a friend of mine used it and she said it really helped. It will be good to see what other suggestions you get.

Jb - Those pictures brought the biggest smile to my face. You must be so ecstatic! We were absolutely mesmerised during the 12 week scan too. It was so amazing to see all of those things working and bub moving around. It must have been even more exciting with the two of them! Have you thought about how you’re going to tell everyone?

Annerley - The appointment went really well. My husband works away so I took my mum along and she was absolutely amazing. Bub put on quite a show! OMG, how exciting that you’re starting to feel something!! What was your reaction when it first happened? I hope they get stronger for you soon. I’ve been the opposite to you, everything has pointed to girl (although I haven’t gone into as much depth as you have). It will be good to finally know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Good to see everyone's stories are still floating around on here! MiniB...what a miracle and great xmas present, you must be so excited.

Annerley - Thanks for thinking of me. Everything was going perfectly until the NT scan at 12 weeks and 3 days. 5.8 mm neck thickening and blood test gave a combined DS risk of 50:50. This was 3 days before Christmas. 2 days after Christmas, we had the CVS done at Monash and received the FISH result on 30 December with the devastating news that it was Down Syndrome. We made the decision to have the surgical termination at 14 weeks a Sandringham hospital on NYE. Unfortunately I was too sick after surgery and had to stay in and was discharged on NYD. Two weeks after the termination, we did a POAS and it came up a very strong positive, a blood test confirmed that my HCG was still 14,500. We did a scan the following day to find out that the Indian Dr who had done the procedure had left half of our little girl inside me. I was readmitted to Sandringham hospital on Thursday and had to have the procedure done a second time and am now at home on the couch recuperating all over again. We have lodged a complaint with the hospital and medical board for a full investigation into his conduct. I am just hoping this does not affect our chances of conceiving again in the near future. We have spoken with our FS and we have to wait for two cycles to check that everything is back to normal. The past 4 weeks have been the hardest in our life and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. We are trying to focus on the future and not let this upset us too much. We don't have any frozen embies either so we have to do the whole thing again....

How are things going with you?

xxx

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Muppa, I'm so sorry to hear about what you've been through! Huge hugs to you and your DH
    I can't believe that you ended up having to go through it all twice too, once would and should be enough, please know that you are in my thoughts!
    Keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on and if you need to vent or let anything out then come back here. Good on you for lodging a complaint too and I look forward to your future success when you are ready xx
    Im doing well thanks, just back from a two week holiday and almost about to get ready for my first day back at work unfortunately!

Sandra- I'm so happy to hear your appointment went well, my baby seems to sleep a lot during scans but when they get me to cough to wake it up, it's amazing how much movement you can see, I'm just hoping this means I have a good sleeper, fingers crossed!
    No big movements or kicks yet, still waiting...to be honest, I didn't really have a huge reaction to the first movement because it's slight, it was hard to know whether it was it but now it's happened quite a lot and it's the same feelings others have explained, I've just realised that it is. I think I'll be so excited when I get my first big kick and I know it's definitely it as soon as it happens. Hope you are still going well and the time until your big scan goes quickly! I have my obs appointment on Thursday and can't wait as by then it would have been over 5wks since my last.

Minib- how was your appointment? Hope that you are feeling better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muppa7677, I am so sorry for everything you and your DH have been through. It must have been so traumatic.

I hope you are back on your feet again soon. You are an unbelievably strong woman. Sending lots of healing thoughts your way xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Muppa I'm so sorry to hear what happened! I really hope it doesn't affect anything in the future & when the time is right you can try again. Take care of yourself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Muppa, I am soooo sorry to hear what happened. Hugs. Take care of yourself and DH. We are here if you need to talk.

Hugs