+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 75 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by francesthecat View Post
    Hi Annerly,

Glad to hear your pregnancy is progessing well 12 weeks yay.

I've extremely sick for the last month. I had my bowel perforated from my last EPU. Got a massive infection which created a 16/ 10 cyst which had to have major surgery to remove. Which then had complications, and I'm getting my stitches out Monday. It's not been fun having an open wound that keeps leaking goo.
    Due to the infection my emby had no chance of being a viable pregnancy as well.

Old FS has refused anymore treatment, said its life threatening now etc. only DE if we wish to be them any longer.

So have a new FS who is looking at everything all things my other FS did not believe in. He will do an egg pick up for me if needed as well. So just waiting for blood test results and see what he has to say in the new year.

It's been a rough time for me and DH but we are looking to the future and just keeping our options open.

I found this say and it really has helped me.

Sometimes I go about in pity for myself, and all the while a great wind carries me across the sky.

Best wishes everyone
    Frances that's horrible you have been through so much I can't believe that could happen but glad you are on the mend.
    Good riddance to your old FS! I hope your new one has lots of good ideas and brings you your sticky bfp.

I admire your strength and positivity and wish you all the best in the new year.

I've always loved quotes and when I'm feeling down I usually go on pinterest and search for some to keep my spirits up.
    One I like is..

'Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do.'

X

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (10-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hugs minib, I'm sorry you didn't get one this time. Do you have any other frosties?

Frances, I'm sorry to hear about what has happened to you, it sounds terrible! I'm glad you've got a new FS though, that sounds positive. Hopefully he will be able to help you get your BFP!

Hope4baby - good luck for you nuchal scan!!

Annerley - glad you are progressing well!

AFM - so far so good! I'm 10weeks 4 days today. We had a scan yesterday & saw the little peanut moving around & the heartbeat & it's measuring perfectly. I have my nuchal scan on 23rd December.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for all the hugs. Needed them

Hope, wow second trimester now. Your scan pic is amazing. Must be such an amazing experience to see the baby. I'm so sorry that you had to experience it too (unsuccessful thaw). Didn't think it was common but sounds like it has happened to a few of us.

Riss, I only had one frozen so need to start stim cycle I'm taking a month off as we'll be away during Xmas. So I can't get scans done etc. will start again in the new year

Frances, thanks! I didn't think it was common to not survive the thawing process. My FS said 9 out 10 good embryos thaw fine. It means either we were unlucky or a bad embryo. Either way just not meant to be for us this time.

Thanks chief. It sucks but I feel a lot better now.

Heartstringz, unfortunately no other frostie so we will need stim next attempt. Wow 10 weeks how are you feeling? Enjoying the pregnancy so far?

Thanks ladies for all the support. I was devastated but we are now looking forward to the new year. Told ourselves that we need to stay strong and positive. We start planning for next cycle and be hopeful again. Hopefully I can start stimming late jan after taking a month off (will be away). 2013 sucks for me so hopefully 2014 is a much better year. You all need to rub your good luck on us. We need the positive pregnancy vibes x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Minib, I'm so sorry to hear! Sending huge hugs your way. I truly hope 2014 is your year, your bfp can't be too far away for you!

Frances, wow you poor thing going through all that! Definitely doesn't sound fun at all. It's so hard to think about all the expected things that could possible happen to us during EPU, quite scary actually. I agree with the other ladies, your strength and perseverance never ceases to amaze me Frances!

Hope- all the best for tomorrow, can't wait to hear all about it

Riss- how did your obs appointment go?

Heartstringz- so happy to hear that your scan went well and huge bonus that you get to fit your NT scan in before Christmas too!

Sandra- how are you going?

AFM: 12wks 3days today and I finally have the start of a bump this past week!
    Counting down to my NT scan on Friday, we also get a DVD of the scan too. I'm hoping to finally get to hear the heartbeat as I've seen it but not heard it yet. I've had a lot of pulling at stretching in my tummy over the past couple of days as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 11 weeks today but not really enjoying the pregnancy. I'm actually having a really tough time. It seems like the hormones plus stuff going on at work have kicked my anxiety disorder off big time. I had a massive panic attack last night just because DH was away so I was home alone. I barely got any sleep & I'm still pretty wired today - feeling shaky & sick. Came home from work because it was just a waste of time being there, and for some reason being at work was making me feel worse. I feel a little better since being home but still can't calm down properly. The doctors surgery is fully booked all day & I don't know if there's any point in going anyway, there's nothing they can do.

I am terrified that this stress is going to cause me to have a miscarriage and I guess that's probably half the reason that I'm having trouble calming down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heart strings- so sorry you are having a rough time. Have you suffered from anxiety before you were pregnant? Being pregnant does bring about stress because you can't control how it will go. My last pregnancy I was a total stressed messed. Bleeding in early pregnancy made me paranoid of any twinge or feeling I had down there. I wasn't sleeping well as I was constantly worrying. I always wanted to be home and being away from home would cause anxiety. I didn't realise how bad I was till later. Looking back now the worrying didn't stop me from losing bub it was something out of my control but the worry just made me miss out on the wonderful feeling it was to be pregnant. Which I regret now. I have had counselling to help deal with my loss and anxiety and definitely think it's a good idea to seek some help.
    I would recommended some guided relaxation. I have purchased the circle and bloom healthy pregnancy program off their website. I used their ivf program during my cycle and it helped keep me relaxed.

Hope that helps- hugs

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (13-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley- woohoo on getting past 12 weeks! How did you go with your NT scan? The hearbeat is amazing. I have a doppler at home and whenever I need a little pick me up I have a listen and it brings a big smile on my face. Hope your results are fantastic.

I'm 11 weeks 4 days today. I had a very quick appointment on Tuesday and had my 'peace of mind' scan. All good. My stitch is booked for the 23rd of December. Feeling nervous about that but know it's the right thing to do. My nt scan is next Wednesday and getting back my results then. What's the next step for you?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (13-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heartstringz so sorry that you are having a hard time, you poor thing! I think Riss has offered some excellent advice, I hope it helps.

Riss- my results went really well, thanks!

image.jpg

i have an obs appointment next Wednesday and then nothing until the half way point. I'm off on holidays early January so that should help pass the time, as it's early feb for the 20wk scan. All the best for next Wednesday and will be thinking of you with the stitch but I know it'll be all fine
    Last edited by Annerley; 13-12-2013 at 17:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heartstringz I'm so sorry you are having a tough time. I think Riss' advice was good. Maybe you can talk to a counsellor. That might help. I hope you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy more.

Wow looks like most of you are in second tri or close to it

Annerley, congrats on another milestone. 12 weeks.

Riss, what is the stitch you have to do? You and annerley are only about a week apart

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a cervical stitch to make sure my cervix stays close. It's done under general anesthetic or with a spinal. Because it's unknown if my cervix was incompetent and allowed infection to get in which caused me to go into early labour last time my OB wants to be proactive. I'd rather get it now than wait and see and if my cervix starts to shorten or open at 20 weeks then an emergency stitch is risky and has a lower success rate of working. It's scary to get it done but it's necessary.
    How are you going?