+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yay happy '8 weeks' Sandra! It's so cool how close we are today - I'm 8wks 2 days today. Hope you are travelling well & not too sick. My DH also suggested we should do a 'bump' pic, it's a cool idea.

Annerley & JB - cravings are so funny! I've been feeling like sour cream & onion grain waves chips heaps lately. Only given in a couple of times though

AFM - I'm travelling pretty well at this stage - currently 8wks & 2 days. I have sore breasts & nausea & fatigue but that's about it. I've had some mild cramps but they seem to have passed now (the FS said they were normal). In a way it still doesn't seem real, even though I've seen a heart-beat because I expected to be as sick as a dog (I have a really weak stomach normally) & I'm not. Hopefully everything is still ok with peanut.

I had a good chat with my boss today, she was awesome. I barely know her & haven't really spoken to her before about anything other than work issues so it was nice to speak to her a bit more casually. I've been really stressed so I asked to meet with her about that. She is really supportive of my pregnancy & understands what I went through to get here (IVF etc). I was anxious about talking to her about this, but I'm glad I did.

Currently getting my referral sent through to the obstetrician - we had to change when I found out the cost of the first one even with private health it was $2000 out of pocket! Hopefully now I will be going through the private practice clinic at the Royal Brisbane & Womens Hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats on reaching 8wks Sandra and Heartstringz- I know I felt such an achievement when I reached 8wks, it finally felt I had gotten somewhere. I'm pleased to tell you two that these past two weeks have flown for me too so hope it's the same for you as well (especially when you are counting down to next appointments)!
    Not long now until the 4th now Sandra, that will come around very quickly!
    So happy that everything went well with your boss Heartstringz, it makes such a difference when you have that support- I bet it lifted a weight off your shoulders.

AFM: I was 10weeks yesterday and it only then occurred to me that as of today I'm only 29wk6days to go, can't believe it's under the 30wk mark!
    i had my first obs appt today, which went really well, I got another scan and this time baby was measuring 3.5cm, which is over double length it was last scan and that was only 15days ago. The scan pic finally looks like a baby, it's a jelly bean shape with little dots for the hands and feet (so much different to the blurry blob I saw last scan). I get to go back to obs in only 3wks time and I have my 12wk scan before that so there's a lot coming up to fill in time thankfully.

Heartstringz- I'm like you, I always expected to feel so sick and feel like I've gotten of lightly, however this week my symptoms have increased- I've been on an off nauseous the last couple of days, my boobs are a little uncomfortable and heartburn and constipation have hit. My biggest symptom overall since finding out about the pregnancy has definitely been the fatigue and I've noticed that the constant urination picked up another notch from the end of week 8 so will have see if the same happens for the two of you too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley, that's so awesome that you are ten weeks!! You'll be in your 2nd trimester before you know it!

Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't really felt that unwell. I've had increased nausea etc in the last few days but it's hard to tell if that's stress related or pregnancy related.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heartstringz - It really is so great that we’re so close. You never know, our babies could end up with the same birthday! That’s such great news about your boss. It really takes so much pressure off when they’re so supportive.

Annerley - I agree, hitting the 8 week mark felt like a massive milestone. It’s like, I’m only four weeks away from the “safe zone”. Do you realise that you’re now a quarter of the way through your pregnancy? Isn’t that just amazing!! I’m so happy to hear that your second scan went so well. Was it amazing to see that it finally resembled a person? I’ve noticed the last two days that I’m definitely urinating more. I can’t remember that last time I woke up during the night to go the toilet and now I’m getting up at least twice …

AFM - The sickness has died down a lot - I’m only vomiting once a day which is great. This morning however was a different story and I’m hoping it’s not the beginning of another bad wave. I had a minor freak out on Wednesday when I got really bad cramping and then had a pink tinge in my discharge. I guess my mind got the better of me, but it all seems to be fine now. It’s so hard to remind yourself not to worry about the small things …. My stomach is definitely bigger now and it’s quite hard to hide the fact that there is a bump there. Thank goodness I’ll have Christmas holidays away from work so no one will notice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heartstringz- there are a few ladies in my due date forum who are coming up to the half way point of their pregnancies and have said that if it wasn't for having Ivf then they think they would have been one of those people who didn't know that they were pregnant until their bumps started showing in the second trimester, since they've had hardly any symptoms. It's crazy how some get no symptoms and it's so full on for others. I have quite a few symptoms but really thought the sickness would be worse than what it has been. A friend of mine (who is late in her 2nd pregnancy) was saying the other day that she had no sickness with her first but had vomiting with this one, maybe we won't get off so lightly next time round.

Sandra- sorry to hear you have been unwell. It seems crazy to me that you say that your vomiting has died down a lot but that still means once a day, I haven't had to put up with anything like that! The pink discharge would have been scary for you but it's hard because part of you would be thinking it's probably normal but there's still the worry that it will turn into a bleed, so glad it's stopped though!
    i only said to DH last night that we are over a quarter of the way through and in less than 3wks time I'll be a third of the way through! It's crazy but so looking forward to this time in two weeks when the 12wk scan is done!
    Last edited by Annerley; 29-11-2013 at 21:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not going well.... Started spotting last night & this morning I'm still spotting & have bad lower back pain. going to get checked out today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies just thought I would drop by to see how you are doing.

Chiefsgirl congrats on being PUPO. I will everything crossed for you. Hope you get your BFP

Annerley glad you got to see bubs at 10 weeks. My obs didn't do a scan has a laid back approach so wish I could of had one though. Oh well just have to hold out until 12 week scan which is on the 9/12/13. When is your scan? How are you feeling? I have been dizzy heaps lately had a migraine for the past. 2 days but it's gone now thank goodness except the dizziness remains but it's the one things that reminds me I m pregnant

Heartstringz I hope everything is ok For you sending

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no Heartstringz but spotting can be completely normal! I know Spidery, Sandra and I all had brown discharge and mine and Sandra's (not sure about yours Spidery) was after cramping a bit so I'm really hoping it's nothing! Since you have seen a heartbeat, the chance of this turning into something bad is small. Will be thinking of you xx

Shame about you not getting a scan, Spidery! My obs seems the opposite, he even said I could book extra appointments if I felt I needed 'peace of mind scans', however my obs also works at the Ivf clinic so he gets to deal with a lot of Ivf pregnancies so he knows that means his patients could be more anxious than other mums to be.
    My NT scan is 13th dec, apparently I'll get the results straight away but then I have another obs appointment on the 17th as well.
    i also get the dizzy symptom, it usually happens in the afternoon at work, all of a sudden it's like a wall comes over me! Sorry to hear about your migraines but glad they are gone. Can you believe that we will both be 11wks on Monday? It's crazy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heart strings- I hope everything is ok. If it eases your mind I had episodes of red bleeding last time and I would freak out and then have a scan and bub was always fine. It's common for spotting in the first trimester with all the increased blood down there. You might have had a dip in progesterone . Get them to check your levels. I hope it's all fine. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi spidery, good to hear all is on track. It's pretty standard to get a scan with your OB on your first appointment. if you not happy with the laid back approach maybe find someone else.
    Annerley glad you are booked in for your nt scan. I haven't yet. Will do it when I go get my blood test on Wednesday. It's at an ultrasound place so they include a little scan with the huge price of that blood test.

Whoops sent it before finishing- chiefs girl wishing you all the best. When is your BT?
    X
    Last edited by Riss78; 30-11-2013 at 08:49.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (30-11-2013)