+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks Annerley, I'm well. Stimming again CD6 of stimming and am pretty much exhausted, bloated and having leg aches from the saizen, but I'm not complaining really! I feel so different to last cycle where I hardly felt anything at all so I've got some nice follies growing. BT tmw with accupuncture, then BT and scan on friday.

JTM can I ask what they've added in? I'm always on the hunt to find out what others are taking to improve egg quality to see if it might work for me!

Megsarama to you, it's hard when you already know before BT, but sometimes I do think it's a little easier to take and gives you time to grieve over what could have been before dusting yourself off and planning for the next step.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JTM - I think you are absolutely amazing for getting another cycle in before Christmas. You are an inspiration! Don’t listen to what people that haven’t been through IVF think. They don’t understand the process and there is nothing to “fix” with you. It will be your time very soon, I just know it! I honestly believe that acupuncture helped me get the results that I did. I’d never done it before and the difference I felt within myself was amazing. It helped me completely de-stress and I believe the extra blood flow was what made my eggs such good quality. I’m really happy to hear that you’re going to give it a go. Let me know how you feel after your first appointment.

Chiefsgirl - How are you? It’s good to hear that you keep improving with each cycle. Hopefully you won’t need to do any more after this one.

Frances - I’m so sorry to hear that you ended up in hospital. Do they think the worst is over now? I really hope you feel 100% again soon. Sometimes a different FS is the best thing that can happen. I’m glad you’re keeping your options open. Good luck with your next stim cycle. I truly hope this is the last one you have to do.

Jb - What an amazing result!! Congratulations on being PUPO!!! You must be over the moon!! It’s such a great feeling knowing that you have so many “back ups” isn’t it?!! I’m so happy for you!! And I love “John and Mary” too!

Annerley - I haven’t tried ginger beer yet because it hasn’t gotten too bad. Maybe if it gets worse I’ll give that a go. Luckily I love the stuff! I’m happy to hear that you’ve got so many appointments going on. I have only made my 7 week scan appointment at the moment. My FS is also going to be my OB so I’ll just wait to chat to him and see what he wants me to do. This is all so new to me!! Don’t worry, there will definitely be something there for the both of us!

Megsarama - I’m sorry to hear that your HPT has turned up negative. Hopefully your BT gives you a different result. It’s great that you’ve had such a lively distraction! What puppy did you get?

AFM - I’ve started getting really bad lower back pain and my stomach felt like it was pulling last night. I’m hoping this is a very good sign that my uterus is expanding and my little one is growing nicely. I read that it is about the size of a sesame seed at the moment. It makes me so happy!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandra13 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (05-11-2013),Chiefsgirl  (06-11-2013),francesthecat  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Megs- so sorry to hear that you test came back negative! I hope the BT showed a different result but it's good to prepare yourself. Take it easy and I'm sure I'll see some good news from you in the not to distant future!

Chiefsgirl- symptoms can suck but you are right, it means there are some exciting things going on in there for you if you are feeling it! Fingers crossed that your follicles are behaving themselves for you!

Sandra- I'm using one of the doctors from my clinic as my obs too (not my FS but he did the ET for us when our FS wasn't available, he is the only local obs that is also associated with the Ivf clinic). I booked my first appointment with him and I'll be 10wk 1day along when I see him but I have to see my GP in the meantime as apparently I need a referral before I can have my obs appointment. After that I have to call into the clinic at 12wks for a BT and my NT scan will be about 5days later but haven't booked that one yet.
    Apparently, my little one is like a blue berry at the moment, I've been really tired the last couple of days but apparently the brain is growing this week so it must be hard work! I hope the aches and pains go away for you, I had those too around 4-5wks and now they're a lot less frequent!
    Last edited by Annerley; 05-11-2013 at 18:59.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirls, at the start of my first cycle I was recommended all the 'standard' stuff - zinc, low dose aspirin, fish oil, vitamin E, berocca, Diabex (for PCOS) and Inofolic (which didn't arrive in time for the first cycle as it comes from Bulgaria but I have it now!). This time around it's been suggested I add in melatonin, co-enzyme Q10 (both of which I have started), DHEA (still undecided about this one) and then during the cycle synarel and growth hormone (this last one apparently adds around $1200 to the cycle).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JTM For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks jtm, I'm on most of those, my FS said no to dhea back before my second cycle, and no to melatonin for this cycle, but yes to the growth hormone. I've paid 1650 for 10 days worth. Bt tmw to see how I'm going and they'll decide then if I continue through the cycle with it and order me more in to pick up on Friday. What is infolic? Is it a type of folic acid?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's interesting Chiefsgirl - do you know why you were advised not to continue with melatonin and DHEA? Were they thought to have had an adverse impact on earlier cycles? It's all still a little overwhelming for me so I am trying to find out as much as I can- thank you for taking the time to respond to me Inofolic is a combination of folic acid and myo-inositol (I think) - from what I have read quite a few studies have shown it to have had a positive influence on egg quality and development (although I am not sure if this is used uniquely with PCOS)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no jtm, I asked my FS to add it to my next cycles and she said no. When I asked for dhea back in April she said she didn't think it was that conclusively proven to have an impact and she didn't like some of the adverse effects it can have on you, and wouldn't clarify which ones.

I asked for melatonin for this cycle and she didn't rule it out completely, just said she didn't want to confuse everything by chucking everything in at once. Since I really wanted the scratch and saizen which she agreed to I didn't push it. I'm really using this cycle as a test to see if I did get the saizen last cycle in the trial (I don't think I did, my symptoms are different) and as a hail many before Xmas as we weren't sure if I could fit a long down cycle in before Xmas. My last cycle was also the best for egg numbers, so I'm hoping with saizen this time I might get quality as well.

Do you need a script for the infolic? I might not get that either if I ask for it since I don't have pcos! I'm sure my FS thinks I spend all day on google!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I found this today on saizen http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art29850.asp

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Chiefsgirl - it's interesting the different approaches taken by the FS's, isn't it. This time around mine just gave me the list of everything that have been shown to have a positive effect for at least some people and he's left it up to me as to whether I want to try them or not. No, you don't need a script for Inofolic - the site we were recommend to purchase off was brandmedicines.com. It did take a long time to arrive (maybe 8 weeks?) and it's a slightly complicated ordering process but I have it now and I've read some good things about it so that's all I can ask for

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley - At least you don’t have to go looking for an OB. It’s great that he’s a part of your clinic. I’ve been told that for my 7 week scan my current referral will be fine (they’re going to put it through as a gynaecology scan), but after that I will need to get a new referral. My GP is away until two days after my scan so I’ll get it then. How amazing to think that all of those vital organs are now being created within your little miracle!! It’s just so beautiful!! Mine is only the size of a sesame seed at the moment but I’m very happy with that! The pains are pretty constant but I’m very happy to know that they’re just pains because everything is expanding. I did get a really sharp one last night that kind of freaked me out but everything is okay this morning.

JTM and Chiefsgirl - I truly wish you both the very best of luck

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandra13 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (06-11-2013)