+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default September/October 2013 IVF/ICSI buddies!! #2

Minib- I go nuts in 2ww- it is a very stressful time, but I'm so thankful there are threads like this one to get support. U can tell us your worries anytime and someone will always have something valuable to say to help u feel better.

KLM- I'm so sorry, and hugs! I had considered donor eggs quite a bit. My FS concluded that it is likely that my autoimmune disease attacked my ovaries- so the threat of having not good eggs is still present. I thought about going to South Africa or Thailand if we could not get a BFP out of 3 cycles. It is still something I will consider if we have any abnormal pregnancy issues. It is a terribly tough decision to make, but I think it is just a beautiful thing that there are ladies out there willing to do it to help us become mothers. I'm pretty weak so I think I would cave into this decision too early- I don't think there would be anything wrong with another try, and as others have suggested, a change of FS could be worth investigating. U have our support!!!

heartstringz- yay!- the ET will be fine! It can actually be very exciting. Ill also for frosted for you

Hope4baby- I did have my second BT- hcg rose from 129 to 474 in 72 hrs. So we booked in our 7wk scan. I think we have the same ov date too! I have another BT on Friday for progesterone levels. I went down to one crinone a day and prog dropped from 43 to 39. They want to check it has stabilized. Then apparently no more tests until scan- freaky... Still don't think this is happening. I hope hope hope this keeps going! But feeling pretty cautious!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BerraBrooder For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I so have to agree ladies the tww is frustrating it however not as crazy as I have been this week while I wait to see if I'm "really pregnant or if the egg will fizzle out" as the FN said. Had BT last Friday and beta was only 17 so having to wait till this Friday for a repeat BT is making me Even my DH says so checkiing toilet paper every wipe with bated breath doing hpt every day to see if still get positive lol. I can so relate to you all with the tww. But so glad we have this forum for support

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladies, thank you all so much for your kind words! It means the world to me

Minib- I can also vouch for 2ww craziness! I had such a stress free cycle, all the tests and meds were fine with minimal side effects and I was waiting for the 'hard part', when the 2ww came, I was the same, I thought this must be it! I know I googled symptoms way too much but some say how they had no symptoms and had written off getting a bfp and others said they got heaps so there was no point to my endless internet trawling.

Riss- I can't imagine passing the 2ww without work! It's the only thing that kept me sane. The time goes slow enough!

Like Chiefsgirl, I'm glad I only had 9days to wait or I think I would have gone completely mental!! If it helps either of you, I had some strong twinges for the day of and the next day after the ET (5 and 6 days after the EPU) then I had absolutely no symptoms for almost three days so I had a bit of a cry thinking it hadn't worked but then the mild cramping came back and I got moments where my boobs felt funny, besides that I was really tired! However I read the Crinone leaflet and basically all these symptoms could be attributed to the gel so I went insane again!

Minib, I tested the day before BT so I'd know the news before having to get the phone call at work but then I had myself convinced that my levels wouldn't be high enough. I have finally relaxed but just hoping levels are rising for Thursday's second beta.

KLM- I think a second opinion from another clinic could help. Have you done all of your cycles with the one FS? I went to an IVF open day back in August and there was a lady there who was starting with donor eggs on her first cycle and she said she had to advertise for her own donor. Don't know whether it's different for each clinic and if some have a list of donors you could use.
    I hope you are doing ok!

Hope- how lovely of you to consider egg donation! It's a lovely idea and something I should give some thought to. Our clinic requires you to have finished your own family and be under 33 to be able to be a donor.
    How are you feeling?

Heartstringz- good luck for ET, it really is an exciting experience! Fingers crossed for a lovely emby for you and some to freeze as well! I'm glad they are looking at giving you Valium so the experience doesn't stress you out!

Berra- wow look at those numbers rise! I can't remember my progesterone levels, will have double check on Thursday as I've dropped to one Crinone a day as well! I got a pregnancy pack from the clinic in the mail today and it says I have to book an 8week scan around the 11th nov and also consider booking an obstetrician ASAP. I'm going to wait until after Thursday beta before booking anything. In a way, it feels like there are still a ton of tests to get through before it's really confirmed and I agree, it will feel a bit weird with nothing until the scan. I think people have expected me to be more excited, I am so so happy but it hasn't sunk in yet. Maybe when I get a bump lol!
    Last edited by Annerley; 15-10-2013 at 19:39.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (16-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies... I will start my first long downreg cycle ASAP...

Congratulations Annerley! Great news!
    GL to everyone in the tough tww!
    KLM - agree that a second opinion is a good idea - you don't need to commit to changing to the new FS...
    Cheifsgirl - I hope you catch your sticky embie xx

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ricecracker For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (15-10-2013),KLM0511  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just subbing to the new thead.

Great news Berra

And trigger pregnyl done with no stuff ups, unlike last time. EPU set for Thursday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heartstringz - Fingers crossed for you tomorrow that you get good results!

MiniB - I am working from home at the moment and so distracted. I had another round of acupuncture today to keep me level headed and relaxed. My girlfriend works for a pharmaceutical company and has left me with a heap of Pregnancy Tests, I did a couple on Monday and today and have confirmed that the trigger is well and truly out of my system . I am going to try and resist temptation until at least Friday.... I have had lots of bloating still from the Crinone, this is the part that I find the hardest.
    Stay positive and keep yourself busy, my acupuncturist also said to keep rubbing your belly and holding your hands there with positive thoughts. I am also eating fresh pineapple every day!

Annerley - Great beta....you must be super excited! Awesome!

Ricecracker - Go and book yourself in for a nice massage somewhere and clear ur mind

Booboo78 - Thanks. Good luck with your scan this week

KLM0511 - Go with your gut instincts on this one, don't let other people decide. This is your journey and you need to be in charge of the decisions.

Riss78 - Tww is taking forever so I can empathise with you. When is your BT? Mine is thurs 24th Oct and its taking forever!!

Baby dust to you all

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Muppa7677 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing to new thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats to all the BFP

good luck and For all those stimming and doing EPU and ET

For those on the tww hope it doesn't drive you crazy and you get the results you are hoping for

last but not least have a fabulous day ladies

Thanks
    Reviews

Frances. Glad your trigger went well, gl for EPU tomorrow.
    Berra. I'm so happy your levels are rising! I get my second beta next Monday so I'm struggling weather to let the world know (fb) or wait till my next beta test. We have told close family and friends, because they know our battles with ivf that we are going through. But I feel cautious till second beta. But then again what if one of my silly sisters or cousins let's it out of the bag on fb? I would rather it be our announcement. Social media is a totally new world compared to 13yrs ago when I fell preg with ds. Secrets don't stay secrets for long.
    Ricecracker. I hope your first down reg cycle goes well for you. Glad you get to go into it asap
    Annerley. I'm feeling great, a bit airy. I noticed I still cant eat big meals and frequently getting up in the night to pee, and also af cramps (they sorta worry me). I wonder if this is left over from over stimming or from new pregnancy?? Hoping its the latter. How's you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck for EPU tmw Frances, I hope everything goes well and you get lots of fertilised embies