+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    This!!
    Love our cubby, but we paid someone to install it and they said it would have been faster to make it from scratch. They complained to cubbykraft too.
    We use it every day though.
    Expensive, impossible to construct, not treated and not painted, but we love it!

Attachment 44255
    Lol gosh I'm glad I'm not the only one who has suffered! Haha

We painted ours in the same colours too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm glad I read this, I was just about to spend almost $3000 on a cubbykraft cubby, but if it is awful to put up, then that isn't the cubby for us. I think I'll just get a swing set instead!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are you worried about the kids stuff getting wrecked by being more exposed to weather? Kitchen etc This is one of the main reasons I don't want a fort but a cubby.

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We bought ours from Costco and it was around $1500. DF was going to build one but when we weighed up cost of materials, time etc,this was a good option. It is two story, has two swings and monkey bars, rock climbing wall, spiral slide etc. He LOVES is and I'm sure our DD will too as she gets older!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopoke View Post
    Are you worried about the kids stuff getting wrecked by being more exposed to weather? Kitchen etc This is one of the main reasons I don't want a fort but a cubby.
    Not really - ours in enclosed at the back and 1 side , when it's raining the front top near the slide does get wet but the inside downstairs was fine - I've put 2 ikea shelves with the plastic buckets in there so normally ( when I remember!) we pack up all the toys/ pretend food and put them in the draws just in case, the plastic ikea stools are fine as I've left them Outside in the rain plenty of times! The ikea kitchen is under the cubby , It could get rained on if it was really heavy rain but I think I'd just go out and bring it inside if it were that bad - at least in the cubby he plays with it - it's been sitting in our family room not being used for nearly a year!
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 18-10-2013 at 11:31.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Mopoke  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my daughters cubby. I've sinced painted all the fence and lean-to (which I did seperate to the cubby) white to match the cubby. I bought it off ebay new for about $200 including frieght. Was a flat pack, pain in the butt to assemble but its cute. Pretty small, just fits a standard toy wooden kitchen and a chair in it, but its enough for 1 child.

cubby.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    All of your cubbys are gorgeous! I'm jealous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is the cubby we've just had installed about a month ago. It hasn't been painted yet, sandpit filled or flowers in the flower boxes! We got it from Phoenix Platinum in Perth. They do kits but we paid extra for them to install it and it only took a couple of hours. The nicest people to deal with and the cubby is fantastic. Our almost 3 yo DD spends hours in there and when we had a party on the weekend all the kids (about 8 of them) were playing on/in it. With all the extras and installation it was close to $3,500. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1382099246.301870.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    These aren't cubby houses.. They are cubby mansions!!! I'm jealous! I'm going to show this to dp when he gets home.. He's a chippy... Our son is only 5 months.. But he can start planning now!!! Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here is DDs, it is part of a bigger play area we had built.

Sent from my HTC One XL using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images