+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default An update on DH

So he came to pick DD up tonight, I am spending my first night at home alone.

I asked him what he was doing on Saturday, as he had agreed to help me with my tax & I was hoping we could talk/spend sometime as a family, I don't know, it's really hard going from 8 years of marriage to just seeing each other in passing.

He turned me down has decided not to help me after all, he's going to see friends in Sydney & get 'trashed'.

I know he needs some space, his friends & support, something to take him mind of the split, but it really **** me off. Feel kind of.. disrespected.. I'm spending my free time of self development, I thought he was going to do some 'development' too, I don't know, I'm angry, I honestly think he's given up already & is brushing out little family off.

mummybynature is offline Loving every moment of motherhood <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That really sucks!

DP and I separated about 3 months ago. In the beginning this is how he was acting too. We are now actively trying to work on our relationship and it is looking good!

My advice - work on yourself. Use this time for you. He will realise that "getting trashed" gets boring very quickly.

Good luck x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mummybynature For This Useful Post:

Mummy Potato  (16-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    oh hun how disappointing. you poor thing. is there a chance he wants some space for a while?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Mummy Potato  (16-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We all cope in different ways. Maybe for your dh he needs a 'blow out' or two to take his mind off things for a little while. Perhaps you doing your tax and getting your single finances in order is just another reminder of the reality of being separated. Us girls talk with friends, most men go and get drunk. I would just let him be and have no expectations right now. Sure it's upsetting for you that he is choosing to be unavailable but he needs his space to grieve, reassess and mess up his head before he gets clarity.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (16-10-2013),Mummy Potato  (16-10-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (15-10-2013)