+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted a small age gap between mine and we started trying when DS was 9 months old, but I didn't actually get my period back until he was a year old. I conceived when he was 14 months old, but lost that baby. I'm now 36 weeks pregnant with number two and there will be almost exactly 2 years between them. Hopefully this is an ok gap!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Skips For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (16-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There's 11 days shy of 3 years between the boys. For our family it's worked well. I really liked the fact I didn't have 2 in nappies, ds1 was a good sleeper then, he was old enough to understand.

A friends older sister has 12 months between her girls and she's really happy with that. The girls are best friends.

Sil has a 17 and a 15 year old, then 4, 1 and pregnant with bub 5. For her that's worked well.

So to sum up, I don't think there is a one size fits all ideal age gap. I kind of think whatever age gap you personally have between kids is perfect for you.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like them close together

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am not sure where to start.

I am 3yrs apart from my sister, and 5yrs difference with my youngest sister. I was in constant competition with my 3yr gap sister and was much closer to my 5yr gap sister.

My DH is a 3yr gap from his sister, and they get on now, but were pretty brutal to each other growing up. He also has a 11 and 12 yr gap between his younger brothers, and they look up to him as more of an authority figure, and go to him over things instead of there parents.
    The 2 BIL's have a 15 month gap between them, and they hate each others guts.

So my MIL has had all the type of gaps you can want, Very close together, very far apart, and somewhere in the middle. She felt it was easier with the larger gap, and often says that my boys are close together in age.

My boys have a 2 and a half year gap, and they seem to be doing alright at the moment. But for me it is hard work at times.

My Step sister tells me that the 4-5yr old gap between her eldest and youngest works well for her as the older child can assist her with the smaller child.

That's a multiple of different opinions, not just my own.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    2 years. The elder is more is more manageable and you're still using nappies, though it probably won't be 2 sets for long. Always tricky to go back when you've stopped napy changes!

Our first were 12 mths apart. They're great friends but it was hard on my body and A missed some attention. Next gap was 18 mths. Okay but I prefer when the elder is a bit more independent. We have 3 gaps of 2 years which are great. We also have 2 gaps of 3 1/2 years which are a bit long - I had to go back to nappies!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsd For This Useful Post: