Closed Thread
Page 84 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Has anyone used the Gaia organic wipes? I've bought two packets to try out initially. I'll be using Huggies newborn to start with, but then hoping to switch to something more environmentally friendly like Naty (we won't be using cloth). I have a friend who uses them and says she's 95% happy with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all, unfortunately as I am now 40+3 I am unable to assist with wipes, breast pads etc though I am noting it all down for when Petri eventually decides to join us

Tomorrow afternoon I have the 4 hour Fetal Maternal Assessment Unit visit where they will hopefully do something to get the ball rolling. I have a feeling they will delay again and as i am public it is impossible to be heard, sooo going private next time, i would change now if it wasn't impossible to do so...as you can tell i am seriously impatient right now haha. Petri seems happy enough though wriggling away today on and off... me on the other hand, I am a ball of anxiety and just want him in my arms safe and sound.

Loving the pictures ladies, Rachael and Pilbara your bubbas are absolutely gorgeous.

Jedihouse I love your nursery. Especially your cot which is the one we would have gotten if we hadn't gotten ours. Such a great space.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Tommi; 27-01-2014 at 21:46.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (27-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayWA View Post
    Is anyone had or having (a we r at that stage) nightmares. I had DH killing budgies in his bar hands last night and my brother being eaten by sharks the night before. They r awful!!! Feel so real
    I'm having loads of horrible nightmares!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies....a question for you all....it's a bit personal but....to wax/shave or not too?? I can't really reach or see much of anything these days so I was going to book in for a waxing session but my skin has been so super sensitive I'm not sure I could do "the works"....thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cheeky - in the end I just couldn't be bothered doing anything about my downstairs grooming. I was sooo tired and bloated and uncomfortable that it was just another job that I felt I was failing to get done... I was barely managing to shave my armpits, and occasionally i managed to do something about my legs! At the end of the day, I don't think any of the hospital staff care, so do whatever you feel most comfortable with.

petri - yes, I'm talking to you! Time to come out now!

As for the wipes etc question, I use Huggies nappies and johnsons wipes. Anything else (including washable nappies and wipes) gave DD a very sore bum, so I figured why chance it with this bub. For breast pads with DD I used washable bamboo ones, this time so far I've not needed anything. For maternity pads I used the "u" brand because it was recommended on a bubhub thread. They are extremely thick, but I found I needed that padding to be comfortable. Just yesterday I switched to an ordinary ultra thin, but until then, I needed the massive soft pad...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (27-01-2014),Tommi  (28-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Pilbara! That's how I've been feeling, just wasn't sure on the protocol if you know what I mean... :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekynumum View Post
    Thanks Pilbara! That's how I've been feeling, just wasn't sure on the protocol if you know what I mean... :-)
    Yeah...it's a little awkward! I figure they've seen everything, so nothing I present with is going to shock them The midwife at our prenatal class said that if you were to have a CS, then it was better not to have waxed because any irritation can affect the healing of the wound. She also made a point of saying that in a vaginal birth, no one cared whether you were waxed/shaved/trimmed, so not to worry about it...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (28-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again Pilbara! That's made me feel much better. I've been listening to some 'friends' tell me what I 'should' be doing to get ready for the birth. Quite frankly most days it's as much as I can do to get from the couch to the toilet in time and back again let alone trimming, waxing, plucking and preening!

So on that note I'll sit back, put my feet up and relax! :-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cheekynumum For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (28-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekynumum View Post
    Ladies....a question for you all....it's a bit personal but....to wax/shave or not too?? I can't really reach or see much of anything these days so I was going to book in for a waxing session but my skin has been so super sensitive I'm not sure I could do "the works"....thoughts?

I started shaving during my pregnancy but at the end i couldn't see down there anymore so i went for a wax just before due date. I had a normal bikini wax, not worth the full monty. I felt cleaner and more comfortable. Not sure about the extra sensitivity, my beautician worked with me using the right wax to try and ease the pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just sort of kept "shaving by feel" in that area. Not doing a great job, but whatever. I've considered getting a wax in the next few weeks (never had a professional one before), but honestly I don't know if I can be bothered, and I've heard that pregnancy can make it more painful due to sensitive skin. If I have long enough during early labour before I have to go to the hospital, I'm going to try and get in the shower and do a quick shave if I haven't had one for a couple of days... more for my own comfort rather than what anyone else may think!