Closed Thread
Page 80 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies, we think he is pretty special ☺️

Yep it is from the hospital shoot, day after arrival.

That's great Pilbara, such a relief.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meljc86 For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (24-01-2014),Pilbara  (24-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He is beautiful Mel! Just gorgeous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh Mel just beautiful what a great shot!!!

How did ur family day go pilbara?

Any news from anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayWA View Post
    How did ur family day go pilbara?
    It went well I carried bubs around in the hugabub, and he slept the whole time (woke for a feed and then straight back to sleep)... Meanwhile DD got to run around and play, and then we all got coffee and cake

i can recommend the hugabub if anyone is considering a carrier/sling...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh yay, lots of babies now! Good luck to those approaching delivery day. I can honestly say this whole experience has been nothing like I imagined, it has just been 100% better! Even with limited pain relief (epidural didn't work!), 2 x second degree tears, a graze, 3 blood transfusions and 4 days in hospital! It is soooo worth it.
    Attached Images

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

chook11  (01-02-2014),Pilbara  (25-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah look at all that hair twocam!!! So cute. Hope ur healing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all, still here, still pregnant 40+1. Sooo wanting to hold my little man, I believe he is way to comfortable in there - I need to make it less so hehe.

I am booked at the hospitals FMAU on Tuesday and will have another ultrasound and apparently this is where they will determine how long they can wait before induction and possibly start the gel if they believe it necessary. .... DH and I have made it clear that 41 weeks is our limit. ..though I do feel like they are not really listening.

Mel and Twocam those pictures are absolutely precious.

Fingers crossed little Petri comes on his own this weekend
    Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Sorry about the delay in replying and posting photos, still very tired and sore. Difficult to do anything when a baby seems to want to breastfeed constantly.

See a few beautiful baby pics - best wishes to everyone who has had their babies or is still waiting.

Here is baby Frank on 16 Jan, less than 24 hours old. His head is quite moulded from going through the birth canal.
    M1240009_8.jpg

Here he is again, at home on 21 Jan.

M1260001_8.jpg

He was born on 15/01/2014 at 10:43pm, weight 3762g, length 54cm after induced labour. Labour progressed very quickly and I ended up with a 4th degree perineal tear. Luckily I had an epidural and didn't feel any of this while it was happening. I had only just had the epidural and then was examined by the midwife to see how things were progressing - suddenly I was 10cm and baby's head was halfway down, when I had only been 2cm not long before. Toward the end baby's heartrate dropped and suddenly the room was full of people, he was helped out with forceps and it was a couple of minutes before he let out a cry. The doctor said there wasn't time to do an epistomy since they wanted baby out fast. DP said his head came out facing up. He was briefly put on my chest and then taken to a table on the side to be given oxygen. I only saw that he cried and that it was a boy, and I was whisked off for surgery to repair the tear. They said I lost 1.5L of blood. It was about an hour later that I got to see DS and he was put on my breast and started sucking immediately.

I have been quite anxious about breastfeeding, it seemed for ages he was vigourously sucking, but nothing was coming out. I wondered if he was getting enough food, and if milk was ever going to come out. He wasn't doing the required number of poos and the right colour, and DP panicked and fed him formula. However now he has been on breast milk alone for a few days, and every time I check his nappy before feeding there is a mustard coloured poo there, he is waking up at night asking to be fed, and I am paying attention to feeding cues such as mouth open. We have had 3 midwife visits, his weight gain and poos are now on track, and I have an appointment with him with a child health clinic next week. I have no idea what is normal for a baby's development stages, so I'm hoping the the child health clinic will give some reassurance.

There have been a few traumatic incidents - on one occasion he peed during a nappy change through his tiny willy which pointed up, it hit the opposite wall and some of it went on his face. This ended up with his eyes being quickly rinsed and him having a bath. Now I remember to put a paper towel over his front while changing to try and avoid such accidents. On another occasion I was changing his nappy and while wiping a new mustard explosion came out of his bum, luckily it went mostly over my hand and not on anything else. Even during a normal nappy change he howls and howls.

During breastfeeding he can be so sweet, he looks up with his little eyes. Then his little eyes close and he seems to doze off while still feeding. I can't stop staring at his beautiful little face while breastfeeding. Sometimes after a traumatic incident (such as above), he burrows his little face in my breast, and his little hands are either side, as if he is hiding his face and wanting comfort.

I am still sore down there, and have been put on some "stool softener" medication so I don't strain the tear repair. It is not very nice since because of this stuff sometimes I have no control over going to the toilet, so I can't go anywhere where there is not fast access to a toilet. I have to do various exercises and see physios in the future, hopefully everything will be normal again.
    more later,
    Chook

11. The Following User Says Thank You to chook11 For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (25-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beautiful Twocam

Wow Chook you have had quite the journey. Sorry to hear that the birth was so traumatic. Luckily you have a gorgeous little gift after all the nasty stuff.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to meljc86 For This Useful Post:

chook11  (01-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah chook your beautiful story of your lil man and the bond you have already brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait to hold my lil angel. The birth sounds very traumatic but at the end you are both now well and that's what's important he is just gorgeous!!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LindsayWA For This Useful Post:

chook11  (01-02-2014)