Closed Thread
Page 7 of 98 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twocam View Post
    Sunshine... you are so organised, I haven't even thought about a birthplan beyond the word "drugs" !
    Sitting around not working has given me plenty of time ... maybe to much time. .
    The premmie chats with drs and then with bleed being told "you should have a bag packed" can kind of do that to ya.
    Mind you I'm quite sure she's gonna hang in there right to the end.
    Be interesting to see when you guys do ig. Got asked to complete my paperwork for it & vacs last visit for this fortnight.
    Maybe itsxa public system thing too? Most of you lovelys are going Private.
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 21-10-2013 at 21:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!!! I'm back with my slackarse weekly "i-dont-like-the-bub-hub-app-and-I-don't-go-on-the-computer-much" check in

Tommi tommi tommi tommi....what a frightening week you have had! I am sitting here shaking my head reading your posts! I really hope things settle down for you now and you are getting lots of rest - if you don't mind me asking, what area do you live in? The fires have just been heartbreaking, I can't watch the footage without tearing up. I am so glad Petri came through unscathed, and thank heavens you were in a bigger car! I have always driven a little Corolla (which I love!) but now that we have the Rav4 DH drives the Corolla to work and back as its much more economical and I feel much safer having 1 child and another growing!

hahaha Pilbara I remember feeling heaps better during the 2nd tri with DS, this time we have skipped that bit lol. But I think its because having a toddler around wears you out and you cant get rest like you normally would have - anyway that's my excuse! I was thinking about it and I remember being able to sleep in and have naps on the weekend when I was pregnant but its not too common this time around! Although DH has been great the last couple of weeks and let me sleep in on weekends, he has been awake anyway so has gotten up with DS and left me to sleep. Good on you for hiring a cleaner too. We gave our place a good clean over a few days on the weekend and just vacuuming upstairs wore me out! I need to do a bit then stop, then do a bit then stop, then do a bit then give up because I can't be bothered anymore ahahahaha!

Sariele - congrats on being halfway and your shopping!! Baby Bunting also price matched on our pram, we were stoked! We really don't need a new pram...but as we are getting a capsule to start with, the pram we have doesn't take a capsule so we needed something else (my excuse anyway lol) and we saved over $200 as well.

Sunshine sounds like you have a beautiful healthy little bubba growing away in there! That's a great size! And the movements are amazing aren't they? Its hard to describe the feeling when you get further along and they are more than just flutters, you have a full on disco dancing baby in there lol. Boris does. not. stop. He is the busiest little bee in there, not sure what he is doing but it can only be a party for one!!! I was laying on my right side in bed yesterday when DS came in for a cuddle and when I rolled back onto my back, I had a lopsided hard lump on my right side lol. Took him probably a minute to wriggle himself back to flat again, its amazing what our bodies can do! I like the sound of your birth plan too, not having had a natural delivery I haven't had to write one, but I think if you write down what it is that you want, but plan on having to change your plan if necessary, you are doing well! You can still fight for what you want but in a safe way.

Hoots I can't help but have the tiniest giggle at your monkey phobia ;-) Not at the phobia itself because they are very real, but I have seen some monkey pics where they have those really angry looks on their faces and they are enough to scare the bejeebus out of anyone, so I don't blame you there really! I think a dinosaur theme is just perfect!

Lindsay glad you enjoyed your hens night!

Hoots and cheeky your OHSS sounds awful! I didn't realise it could stay around so long after an IVF cycle. Fingers crossed for both of you that constant monitoring means it goes away or that nothing more serious happens to either of you.

AFM, nothing much exciting happening! We had a busy weekend which pooped me out, naturally lol, and I came to the conclusion last night that bending directly over is no longer an option! I went to pick something up off the ground without thinking and the pain was immense! My belly hasn't really done bending particularly well for a while now, but i realised last night that its time to come to an end! Uncomfortable and awkward looking squatting it will be from hereon in lol. I think Boris has had a growth spurt because I am feeling much rounder now. Its been going really slow, but hitting 27wk yesterday suddenly hit me, my god, I will have a baby in a few months time!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gilliebean1 For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (23-10-2013),Sunshinebell  (22-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all just a quick one again that selfishly doesn't address others...sorry just thought I would update. Hopefully after today things will calm down and things can return to normal.
    Gilliebean to answer your question I am located in Springwood in the BM very close to Linksview where the fire began.
    Today is going to be interesting, DH and I have made the decision to stay in the mountains today. I am working with disaster recovery in Springwood so close to home and DH will work from home and also hose down the house in order to protect from embers. Should the linksview fire worsen we will both leave. Bag is packed and DH will load car and animals and head down mountain. I have own car and will head down also if DH is unable to grab me on way through. Fingers crossed all is contained today and this insanity will end soon. In other news petri is well :-)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tommi - stay safe there.

Hoots and Cheeky - sorry to hear you are suffering from OHSS. Hope everything turns out OK at your next appointments.

Sunshine - good your placenta is clear now.

best wishes to everyone out there.

I've been pretty busy at work. Also I am having the glucose tolerance test on Friday, then a scan next Wed followed by a doctors appointment. DH will be able to attend this time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to chook11 For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh tommi its so scary! And the conditions here today are just going to be awful. DH is in the RAAF based at Richmond and he said its awful, they have tankers and water bombers refilling at the base and people he works with have said that at night all you can see is the orange glow from some parts. Stay safe, we live near Sydney Olympic Park so if you need anything over the next couple of days (I am at work today in the City but home tomorrow and Friday) please don't hesitate to shout!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gilliebean1 For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Hey all just a quick one again that selfishly doesn't address others...sorry just thought I would update. Hopefully after today things will calm down and things can return to normal.
    Gilliebean to answer your question I am located in Springwood in the BM very close to Linksview where the fire began.
    Today is going to be interesting, DH and I have made the decision to stay in the mountains today. I am working with disaster recovery in Springwood so close to home and DH will work from home and also hose down the house in order to protect from embers. Should the linksview fire worsen we will both leave. Bag is packed and DH will load car and animals and head down mountain. I have own car and will head down also if DH is unable to grab me on way through. Fingers crossed all is contained today and this insanity will end soon. In other news petri is well :-)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    WTching sunrise (with time difference), but thinking of you. Will eagerly await your update tonight.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshinebell For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gilliebean1 View Post
    Oh tommi its so scary! And the conditions here today are just going to be awful. DH is in the RAAF based at Richmond and he said its awful, they have tankers and water bombers refilling at the base and people he works with have said that at night all you can see is the orange glow from some parts. Stay safe, we live near Sydney Olympic Park so if you need anything over the next couple of days (I am at work today in the City but home tomorrow and Friday) please don't hesitate to shout!
    Many years back dh was a richmond base raaf boy! Great catches aren't they!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you Tommi hope all goes well stay safe and please let us know how it all goes.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LindsayWA For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you Tommi hope all goes well stay safe and please let us know how it all goes.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LindsayWA For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh really Sunshine? Is he still in, or did he escape? lol They are fairly good catches I must say!