Closed Thread
Page 68 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael3 View Post
    My plug is coming out (think that's what it is)
    Oooooo things might be happening!

Tommi - rest up, get better! ...so strange how different OBs can have such vastly different opinions on something like induction isn't it? ...mine just said "safer out than in" and didn't even mention that there might be risks involved in the actual induction (although his plan is just to break my waters)... At the end of the day, we just have to trust the one looking after us... Hopefully Petri will decide to come out as soon as you are well again!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (15-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree Pilbara my OB said better out then in. Many of my friends have had inductions. Dont think there is much difference in an IVF or non IVF babyat this stage other than us being more hypersensitive and cautious on the outcome.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael3 For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (15-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree my sister had an induction and a few of my friends and let's face it if I go well over I have to have an induction anyway. Feeling nervous about the decision so I am going to talk to a different OB Monday. Slightly regretting going public now just as I don't seem to be able to get a consistent answer. The things this OB told me could happen with induction really scared me I was caught completely off guard but I am prepared now and DH is coming monday so I am going to ask the risks of not inducing then I can weigh it all up. I am probably being overly concerned but I really just want petri out not kept in longer than he needs to be. Hopefully the sweep monday will be successful and the debate will not be required. That said petri is still not engaged.

Rachael that is so exciting! !!! Fingers are crossed for you!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (15-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tommi like you I'm finding the lack of a consistent answer to be frustrating - I've seen two different Obs in the public system and both gave different advice.

AFM had another sweep this morning (I'm 39+5), however the midwife not sure it will do much as my cervix still has not thinned and bub is still not engaged. On the good side I am slightly more dilated than last week (2cm & can stretch to 3cm - last week was 1cm).

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (15-01-2014),Tommi  (15-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twocam, have you seen your mucus plug after the sweep? Did the sweep hurt?

You ladies have put me off going through the public system next time (we were thinking about it). It is great having one OB you can trust that fully understands your situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do agree Rachael. We had the choice and I chose public as I wanted to utilise the midwives and the support after birth however next time it will be private just so that I don't have this not knowing anymore. I can see both sides of the induce and don't induce argument however it has taken so long to get here and I just don't feel the public system properly understands the anxiety that comes with an IVF pregnancy.

Twocam I really hope that this sweep gets things moving for you. My appt Monday is with a different OB so will be interesting to hear his view. Fingers crossed you meet your little one very soon

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, Just a quick update....went to the OB today and am on weekly visits now. I'm 35 weeks and he is deciding week by week how long he will let me go. But will be delivered by 38 weeks.....ARGH 3 weeks away!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekynumum View Post
    Hi All, Just a quick update....went to the OB today and am on weekly visits now. I'm 35 weeks and he is deciding week by week how long he will let me go. But will be delivered by 38 weeks.....ARGH 3 weeks away!!!!
    Not long now

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (15-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael3 View Post
    Twocam, have you seen your mucus plug after the sweep? Did the sweep hurt?

You ladies have put me off going through the public system next time (we were thinking about it). It is great having one OB you can trust that fully understands your situation.
    Nope, didn't hurt either last week or today. I'd put it akin to having the 'dildo-cam' up there looking for eggs at the IVF clinic (a bit of pushing around but not pain as such). No show, no plug so far...

I'm really impressed with my midwife program. Canberra Hospy has a brand new mat unit & rooms are MUCH nicer than those at the private one I was going to use initially. The only difficulty is getting an appointment with the Drs, but then again I'm not exactly their highest-risk patient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twocam, are you getting bloody mucus after the sweep? I'm not sure if it's from the sweep or the mucus plug. It's there when I wipe. OB said I'll continue time see blood and it looks like what he showed me on his fingers afterwards. Just curious to see if you get the same thing.