Closed Thread
Page 58 of 98 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twocam View Post
    AFM midwife attempted a sweep this morning but head wasn't engaged and she couldn't feel the waters. Cervix is forward & I'm 1cm dilated, but the cervix hasn't thinned at all yet. So looks like bub is there for a while longer... she'll try again mid-next week.....
    Exciting days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    Poor you! What's the plan? Do they just watch you for signs of labour and then whisk you off for a CS, or have you been given a CS date?
    At the moment they are just watching me and to see if I bleed again . If I do and it's big it's a c section ASAP . If not around 37-38 weeks it will be a c section , they are very vague about it all I just want a date !!!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loveandlive For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (07-01-2014),Twocam  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    gilliebean - so exciting!

MusicalGal - Good to hear all clear for pre-eclampsia. Rest up when you need to.

lovendlive - that's a bugger being stuck in hospital. But sounds like the safest place and there will be a healthy bub at the end.

What a weekend. Couldn't shower and had to limit toilet flushing because of a partially blocked pipe downstairs (all fixed now). Also one of my chooks passed away and I buried her in the garden.

Another midwife appointment today - blood pressure and baby's heartrate all good. There were two of them - one was a trainee. They said they could not advise on when to schedule an induction and I would have to see a doctor for that. I now have an appointment to see a doctor on Thursday.

So far have had two acupuncture induction appointments and nothing happened yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loveandlive View Post
    Hey everyone hope u are well man this week has sucked I'm just over 34 weeks and have spent a week in hospital so far and stuck here till bubba is born ( stupid placenta previa .) I'm
    about to go crazy in here !!!!!!
    Oh no!!! I know how you feel (sort of), back in nov I spent time in cos of my OHSS and it did my head in. I ended up saying I was fine just so I could go home!!
    rest up and know you're in the best place you could possibly be! xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys. Still another 8wks for me supposedly. I'm 32wks now. Pretty glad I escaped pre E, but just gotta keep checking weekly.

Goodness twocam, already dialated 1 cm?! It will all b happening soon!

Love n live-hospital must seem like an eternity atm. But as always in this game, things can change so quickly, so you're in the best place.

God luck out there everyone. ... it's starting to move fast around here! Xx

MusicalGal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loveandlive- I can understand you wanting a date. At least then you would know how long you have to wait it out for...

chook - I read that as "baby's heart rate all good. There were two of them..." And immediately jumped to "oh my god, they've found a 2nd baby!" ...glad everything is looking good. When's your next acupuncture session?

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone, Sorry that it has been so long between posts. I have been following along in the background however and wanted to say a HUGE congratulations to sunshinebell! Such amazing and joyous news for you and your husband. I couldn't be happier for you especially after such a long journey.

Gillie I hope all is going along well on your end and you are enjoying your last 2 days as one with little Boris. it is soo exciting, to think we all started this thread so long ago when we were just 4-6 weeks weeks along and now our little ones are being welcomed into the world!!

I am halfway through my last week of work - THANKFULLY so i should be able to post more. Nothign much else happening on this end. Anxiety is up again, surprisingly not overly freaked out about the birth, more anxious about getting Mr Petri here safely. For some unknown reason I have been told ALOT of still birth stories in the last 2 weeks which has led to this. I have 2.5 weeks to go!!! YAY! not on weekly appointments yet though as they are happy with my progress. Next appointment is tuesday 14th just 10 days before DDay. I have been advised however by the MW that they will induce me if Petri has not arrived by DDay.

have a great day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Twocam sorry to hear you are getting bored! It does get a bit that way though, when you are so used to being busy and running around, having to slow down can be difficult! And a S&S already!! eeekkk how exciting! Hopefully things get moving for you soon!

hahaha cheeky you are no psycho mumma, at least you are not alone anyway lol. Pregnancy does strange things to otherwise normal people

Lindsay I hope the next 10 weeks go fast for you - they have gone pretty fast for me, not sure about everyone else but definitely have for me. I found the second trimester just dragged its ugly feet!

Ohhh musicalgal that's definitely a sign to step back! Unless you were asking to be signed off at 20 weeks most OB's will sign you off early for a good enough reason, and that certainly is! Glad you are clear of PE so far, time to put your feet up chicky!

Oh love and live I'm sorry to hear you are laid up in hospital! That must suck at the moment. But absolutely worth it to protect your precious little person! You are definitely in the best place. Hopefully they can get you a bit further along. My DS1 was born at 34+4 and while it was very stressful at the time, he is a strapping 3.5 year old now. Placenta previa sucks!!

Oh chook what a sucky weekend :-( Hopefully you will get a date tomorrow for an induction!

Wow tommi 2.5 weeks to go!!!! Its so surreal isn't it! All i can think about at the moment is something going wrong, he has suddenly been very quiet for the past hour or so and i'm panicking! Pushing and poking him and drinking coke zero....the worry never leaves does it! There is always something, even when you are on the home straight! Eeeeeek so exciting!! Glad you are nearly at the end of work!

Sooo AFM....2 sleeps to go!!!!! I am such a mixture of emotions at the moment! Can't wait to meet my little dude, but petrified at the same time I am such a bad wife and mother at the moment, am so tired and worn out that I have no energy to play with my little man and pretty much just blank my husband lol Poor dude! Will have to make it up to him! He has been so amazing though, really picking up the slack so I really need to lighten up on him a bit.

I have had 2 days this week to myself as DS1 went back to daycare, yesterday I had the carpets and lounge steam cleaned, the oven cleaned and a bit of other cleaning done (i have NO nesting urge lol), got the car washed, today I have been to the hairdresser, and done a bit of shopping to get a couple of last minute necessities and am now sitting for a bit before I have to go and get DS from daycare! I am exhausted already lol Tomorrow DS will be home, I may have a friend popping over, a locksmith is coming then we have to drop DS at mum and dads in readiness for Friday!! Tomorrow night, I might get a rest hahahaha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cannot believe it has gone by so quickly Gilliebean! I feel the same though, I am a bad bad wife at the moment. I have good intentions of doing things like cooking dinner but when i get home I just cannot seem to muster the energy. DH has been awesome though. I am also with you on the getting bubba to move part, everytime he goes quiet I rush for something sugary! I swear after this pregnancy i will have to have a serious detox from sugar haha. it sounds like you are so busy, hoping that you get a rest before Boris arrives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its so hard Tommi, I just can't be bothered doing anything!! Thank god we have a good excuse hey lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gilliebean1 For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (08-01-2014)