Closed Thread
Page 56 of 98 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    I haven't had any dreams in a while, but earlier in the pregnancy I kept dreaming that when bubs was born he was obviously not my and DHs embryo...major mix-up in the IVF lab...
    Having such an against the odds pregnancy I can't help worrying about this. Is it really our embryo and is our dream really happening? I even googled DNA testing companies and would consider testing for peace of mind. I wonder if I am the only crazy one thinking these things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chook11 View Post
    Having such an against the odds pregnancy I can't help worrying about this. Is it really our embryo and is our dream really happening? I even googled DNA testing companies and would consider testing for peace of mind. I wonder if I am the only crazy one thinking these things.
    You are not the only crazy one! ...my dream is always about the massive ethical dilemma of whether to keep my head down and enjoy the beautiful baby I am given, or whether to acknowledge the other infertile couple whose baby I have! ...my sane self realises that there are MASSIVE protocols in place to prevent these mix-ups happening, but still, the element of worry is there in the background ...we really are a crazy lot aren't we?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (06-01-2014)

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    You are not the only crazy one!
    IVF mums have so much more to worry about pre-BFP that it's hard to get out of the habit, I think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littlesunflowers View Post
    IVF mums have so much more to worry about pre-BFP that it's hard to get out of the habit, I think!
    You are right about that I think...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not even checking !. .. if the clinic mixed it up, I'm still keeping this baby I grew! Lol.

Question: When did everyone finish full time work? I'm 31.5 weeks now and still feeling fine, just not sleeping well AT ALL, which makes it hard to front up to a big day at work these days. Thinking of getting OB to write a letter for early finishes.

We had our 1st 'how to have a baby' class on Sat. Oh goodness. ... it's getting close now I guess! DH was brave and put on the weight vest with a pregger belly and breasts. SO funny. I'd post a photo if it didn't have his face in it. The instructor threw a pen on the floor and said, "Oh could you pick that up for me please" Lol.

Just wish I knew how my birth story was gonna go....

MusicalGal
    Last edited by MusicalGal; 06-01-2014 at 08:58.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (06-01-2014),Pilbara  (06-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helllooo lovely ladies!! Even at home I am still a slack **** at logging on lol. Happy new year to everyone!

Kd I love love love your nursery! Its beautiful!

Bunnikins that chair in your nursery is divine!! The cheeky monkey is pretty cute too lol

Ohh cheeky how exciting! How big is bubba measuring? Hang in there until the 15th! I have been having a combo of weird dreams and nightmares and I seem to have lots of dreams each night, and they are more vivid than usual! We are a family of bizarre dreams (my dad has some crackers!)!

Chook I often wonder if they have the right embryo lol We had genetic testing on our embryos and I still worry! I am sure its all good but you do wonder!

Musicalgal this pregnancy I finished at about 35wks (the week before Christmas) and with my son I finished at about 32 weeks (he was born just after 34wks). This time around I am only working 2 days a week though. Could you maybe drop a couple of days if you don't want to finish up completely and just finish the last few weeks part time? They usually say 4-6 weeks before due date but if you are struggling then there is no reason why you can't finish earlier. It such an individual thing, I know people who have worked up to a couple of weeks or even a week before bubs arrived, and people who have finished up 8 weeks early, so do whatever you have to xx

Sunshine - hope you and your beautiful little baby are doing well xx

AFM 4 days until Boris arrives!!!!!!! Unless he decides to come earlier, I am booked in for c-section this Friday! I am so excited, I am not over being pregnant, but am really uncomfortable and bubs is sitting really high against my ribs so my back is killing me (he hadn't really dropped as of last Thursday's OB appt) and I am really feeling the pinch getting around and sleeping, and needing to pee 100 times during the night lol. can't wait to meet this little dude, but feel really sad that Thursday is my last day with just me and my big boy! Think we will go out on a lunch date or do something nice together before we drop him off at mum and dads. Bets on me crying when we leave him? Pretty good odds I reckon lol Ahhh such a mixture of emotions!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gilliebean1 For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (06-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Gillie how exciting you have only 4 days to go, yay!

I am bored stiff on Mat Leave. Finished work at 36+2 then went on Xmas holidays until 37+2. Spent this last week organising, cleaning etc but now I'm bored witless.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gilliebean - you lucky girl! I wish I only had 4 days left. I'll be thinking of you though, you must be so excited!!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with crazy baby dreams....they seem to be getting more disturbing the further along I get!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Musicalgal - I'm still working at 34 weeks. I'm in an operational role on site and I was able to negotiate 4 hours a day, 6 days a week. BUT that's going to change on the 15th for me. I totally understand the zero sleep!! Have a chat with your OB and tell him how you are feeling. I did with mine and he said 'you tell me what to write when you are ready and as long as I agree then that's what we will do'.

Hope you can get something sorted out. :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the comments about dreams ladies....it's made me feel MUCH better!! And a lot less of a psycho mama!