Closed Thread
Page 51 of 98 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats sunshine glad to hear all is well now and I can't wait to see pictures. My NYE plan consist of it currently being 1800hrs I am already in my pjs lying down in bed waiting for DH to get home. Something easy for dinner going to bee and hopefully waking up next year. Although I am sure I will have to pee 50 times between now and then. Normally I work on NYE so it is nice to know I won't be dealing with drunk idiots and unconscious teenagers all night long. Hope everyone has a good night and let's bring on 2014 and all these babies (just thinking about how freaked out I will be once I hear everyone's delivery stories as I will be the last one)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jedihouse For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy NYE everyone!!!
    My plan is to try to make it to the 9:30pm fireworks! Lol
    everyone be safe and look after those bellies!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoots For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (31-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A quiet evening at home planned here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats sunshine glad to hear all is well now and I can't wait to see pictures. My NYE plan consist of it currently being 1800hrs I am already in my pjs lying down in bed waiting for DH to get home. Something easy for dinner going to bee and hopefully waking up next year. Although I am sure I will have to pee 50 times between now and then. Normally I work on NYE so it is nice to know I won't be dealing with drunk idiots and unconscious teenagers all night long. Hope everyone has a good night and let's bring on 2014 and all these babies (just thinking about how freaked out I will be once I hear everyone's delivery stories as I will be the last one)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jedihouse For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am planning on staying up to watch the fireworks (...at 9pm) ...and then crashing

happy new year everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the world April. Congratulations sunshine I wish you a speedy recovery.
    Well we have been camping down south for the last few days & were meant to be there tonight celebrating the new year with all our friends but my lovely DH decided to catch gastro from god knows where so a very long suppose to be 1.5 hr drive home will a poorly husband. I will probably get it I assume so can't wait. Hope everyone has a safe night chat to u in the new year (that sounds weird)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LindsayWA For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats sunshine - welcome to the world little April.
    Have just read back to catch up - have been super busy here at the moment. Just over a week until I'm due. Ob app on Monday and she couldn't even see bubs head on the ultra scan machine - it's sooo low!!! And I'm feeling it too ;/

Haha gill - giggles and belly shots!!! Your ob sounds like a hoot!

Hope all is going well ... Who's next???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    I am sure that the risk must be very very small (or else surely they would induce everyone on or before their due date just as a normal procedure, and clearly they don't do that)... But, with IVF we at least have the luxury of being absolutely certain of our dates, so there's no chance of accidentally inducing when bubs is undercooked. Lets just hope you go naturally before your due date, then all of this is moot
    I know the risk is significantly higher in over-40s which is why many OBs won't let someone my age go past their due date. (In the UK many hospitals induce over-40s at 39 weeks.) Over-40s already have a higher rate of interventions so I guess it's one more thing to factor in. That said, one Doctor at my hospy is adamant I be induced at 40wks, another is saying he'd consider going to 41. So there is clearly no agreement.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Sunshinebell. So glad to hear you and little April are doing well.

Goodluck everyone, hears hoping 2014 brings many safe, happy and healthy deliveries!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twocam View Post
    I know the risk is significantly higher in over-40s which is why many OBs won't let someone my age go past their due date. (In the UK many hospitals induce over-40s at 39 weeks.) Over-40s already have a higher rate of interventions so I guess it's one more thing to factor in. That said, one Doctor at my hospy is adamant I be induced at 40wks, another is saying he'd consider going to 41. So there is clearly no agreement.
    Do you want to be induced twocam, or would you rather wait it out? ...you are absolutely right, there's no clear agreement, and many people seem to be against inductions. I think at the end of the day, we all just have to go with our guts... My OB told me he had a lady who was currently 7 days over (and in natural onset labour that day), she had been adamant that she wasn't to be induced and he had reluctantly agreed she could go to ten days over (I don't know her age), but when I said that I didn't want to take any chances, he said "right, so we induce you at 39 weeks"...