Closed Thread
Page 5 of 98 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay for the shopping Sariele! Soooooo much fun getting what you need! Baby bunting price matched for our pram too (actually the sales person whispered to us to look up the prices as they will price match with any australian website...very nice of her as it saved us a few hundred dollars!)...

where are you off to on your cruise?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinebell View Post
    I figure 90%+ isn't gonna go to plan. Expecting it would, will just lead to disappointment. Don't get me wrong I'm a positive person but also a realist.
    I've been doing lots if reading. 1day birthing and 1day parenting class booked for wk33.
    A snapshot
    - i want to try just gas.... epidural if it comes down to it!( after her weight came in wk 28scan a 90 percentile.... I figure I may be kidding myself, so does dh!)
    - heat packs, shower/bath, breathing ... what ever works
    - if I needed assisted birth id do foecepts over vac ... they say its harder on mum but better on bub, & I'll take the pain for her (thoughts anyone???)
    - natural tear over episiotomy ... (again only personal research that lead me to that conclusion - any insite from your experiences welcome??)
    - if I need a c section .... so be it (was high change til this week)
    - delayed clamping ( unless absolute emergency not to)
    - signed all the consent forms for all the vaccinations, screens & tests ... totally for all of that
    I am debating giving in and having in epidural, so if I had to have emergency c secction, I could be awake and not have general anesthetic. (Again ... love your thoughts???)

yep, I agree that you need to be prepared that things most likely won't go exactly as you want them!

all hail the gas! It's awesome, but be aware that you can't have it while you push, so it can help you dilate, but then you are on your own! (At least, that was my experience)...

I had the vac... Wasn't given a choice in terms of that or forceps (and wouldn't have known what to choose)...bubs had a big bruise on her head, but it didn't seem to bother her...

i didn't have an episiotomy, but I did tear. Small 2nd degree perennial tear, which didn't bother me much, and a labial tear on each side of my clitorus which hurt like a B*tch, and I've no idea why I tore there...

i had delayed clamping on my plan, but it was clamped and cut as soon as she was delivered.

i refused (on behalf of bubs) the hepB at birth, but had the vitK...

with DD I was totally against having an epidural (mainly because i was scared of it, to be honest), but this time I am open to it as an option...will decide at the time...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (19-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pilbara do you mind sharing why uou declined hep b for dd?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinebell View Post
    Pilbara do you mind sharing why uou declined hep b for dd?
    Bear in mind that this was 4 years ago, so you might want to check whether this is still true... But... I was concerned about a new bubs trying to cope with the possible effects of a vaccination etc, and I couldn't see how she would be at risk of HepB since I am not a carrier (and neither is DH), so I rang and spoke with a lady from the main vaccination place in Perth, and she explained to me that it is (or was) standard practice to give it at birth because some racial/cultural groups in Aus have a high rate of it (meaning that bubs would be at risk of being infected by their mum). She advised me that as long as my bub had the three doses which are included within the rest of the immunisation schedule, she would achieve complete immunity...the first one is almost an "extra" to provide early protection for those bubs who might come into contact with HepB... So that is what I based my decision on...

Thanks
    Reviews
    For what it's worth, I also found "birth Skills" by Juju Sundin with Sarah Murdoch to be invaluable in preparing myself for the birth...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (19-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
    Tommi - My baboonya has days like that where one minute he's disco stu and then other days I forget he's there!!! But then he reminds me not to forget about him lol

My nursery is almost done. We are going for a baby dinosaur theme as I have a phobia of monkeys! I thought it would be safer to steer clear of zoo theme in case ppl get me anything "monkey" related (I mean it's really bad, they scare the Hebbie jeebies out of me!)

So I'm sitting at nearly 21weeks, feeling a bit better about being pregnant, I have put on 7kgs, I have a doc appt on the 24th to assess my OHSS (which is still causing me grief).

im counting down the days till maternity leave already as I work full time and I'm the same come 3pm ish -absolutely exhausted! Bring on 3rd trimester in the middle of summer!
    Hi Hoots, I'd be interested to hear about your OHSS as I'm suffering from it as well if you are willing to share

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all! Things appear to be returning to normal again yay. We had a couple of RFS warnings yesterday but with lots of hosing of the house and surrounding folliage we managed to avoid spot fires. Today is still watch and act but I have not woken to helicopters above the house and emergency vehicles which is lovely. Petri has been very quiet the last 12 hours which I am monitoring however I feel like it could be as I have been distracted and a bit stressed out so today intend to really focus on him. I have a follow up appointment with the hospital tomorrow which is comforting too. I will read back through everyone's posts to catch up today. Yay to the beginning of a new and drama free week!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (20-10-2013),Pilbara  (20-10-2013),Sunshinebell  (20-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all,
    I had a hens night last night & I think I almost gave birth I was laughing so much. Poor petri all that dancing & naked men. Ha ha.
    Pilbara I have a scan and ob App on wed so will get the final answer on birth option. I won't get a birth plan I guess but then it won't lead to disappointment I guess.
    Sunshine u have a big healthy girl there xx fingers u won't need any intervention but I think it's good being realistic.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LindsayWA For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (20-10-2013),Pilbara  (20-10-2013),Sunshinebell  (22-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekynumum View Post
    Hi Hoots, I'd be interested to hear about your OHSS as I'm suffering from it as well if you are willing to share
    Umm... I don't know what to say really lol I was diagnosed with OHSS in both ovaries at 12 -13 weeks ish after intense pains etc, the clinic said it was more of a delayed reaction as when they took my eggs I was tiny (weighed 44kgs and they took 9 big eggs) so it didn't kick in straight away. They told me in most ppl it goes by 12 weeks but I'm my case didn't start and should be gone by 20 wks. Apparently it's got something to do with the ovaries not 'cooling' down before all the pregga hormones fully kicked in.
    I was told to rest, no exercise, no sex etc and limit my water intake (as they are full of fluid already). You have to take it easy because If you have it bad this can lead to things like twisted ovaries and in some bad cases they may need to remove them altogether.
    i am constantly being monitored as my lil fella is getting bigger and pressing on everything, next appt is Thursday actually. I also have placenta previa
    (? Spelling) as well so that is being monitored too -lots of fun!!!

just try to take it easy and hopefully it will go away!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoots For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (20-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Hoots....I've been suffering with OHSS since implant. I spent almost the entire first trimester in high dependency. I'm now 22 weeks and still suffering as my ovaries haven't shrunk back to normal size. I'm lucky to be treated by an obstetrician who has dealt with this before and I too am on strict fluid intake and have been warned about possibly losing my ovaries.
    I hope all goes well for your next appointment. :-)