Closed Thread
Page 49 of 98 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We're all on the final stretch now that I want to bust out "it's the final countdown"! Dododo dododo!!! Haha

I start baby classes next week and I hope I retain all the info, I'm constantly worried I'm going to forget I've got a baby and leave him somewhere!

I've banned myself from watching one born every minute cos it is scaring me! lol I think that's what made all my BH pains that much worse-seeing what I'm in for!

Good luck to all the jan/February mummas!! I'll be waiting patiently for reports!
    i assume with sunshinebell no news is good news !

baby dust to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    had a chat to my OB this morning, and asked him whether he would let me go over my due date (I'm concerned about going over and increasing the risk of still birth), and he has suggested that if bubs doesn't come naturally before, then I can be induced at 39 weeks... I can't tell you how relieved about that I am, even though I know that the risks must be very very small... So......only 3 weeks to go!
    Pilbara, my Ob said he wouldn't let me go passed my due date. I read that being induced can cause extra stress to the baby so I have been worried about it. Apparently some woman react too strong to the induction and contract too much. Just curious to know why your OB said 39 weeks? Didn't know there was more risk of still birth if you go passed your due date, that's really good to know.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 30-12-2013 at 18:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helllooo lovelies!! I can't believe I haven't been on for 2 weeks to check in on everyone! Damn christmas and the ensuing madness!!!!! I will go back to the 18th and start from my last day at work....hang on...

Rachel I get a lot of pain down low between my legs, as if I have been horseriding and have been bouncing too hard ;-) That's the only way I can describe it! I feel like I walk like an 80yr old! I am not sure if its just the pressure from the baby being low or what, but I am certain I have not been horseriding in my sleep lol

Twocam you are a legend with that walking! 7km at this stage, you deserve a medal lol. I struggle to get up and down the stairs, mind you i'm not the most exercisey person normally (read: Lazy!) so its not surprising lol Sounds like you had a rough time last week being sick, bloody men and sleeping through when you really need them!

Pilbara that's great news that your placenta is well and truly out of the way! Fantastic. Hahaha sparkle strong is a great name, my nephew suggested "Sink" for my niece when my sis was pregnant lol

Welcome love and live! My DS1 was born by c-section at 34+4 with a variety of placenta problems and he is a strapping 3.5 year old now! Provided there are no other issues you should be able to get a few more weeks under your belt!

Cheeky your nursery looks amazing! Can't imagine why anyone wouldn't like it? I think you have done a great job

Sariele yay for reaching the 30's! I reckon these last 10 weeks go the fastest, the 20's went sooo slow for me!

Jedihouse I finished work on the 18th, so I was 35 wks and a few days. HOwever our office closed on the 20th for 2 weeks so I didn't have much choice. But bubs will be here on 10 January so that's about 3 weeks leave. I had about 3 weeks with DS1 as well but as he came early it was all a bit rushed.

Ohhh I wonder how sunshine is going???? How exciting! baby number 1 for our little team of ivf mummas! I hope everything went well! Can't wait for an update.

AFM...geeeeezzzzzz I am sorrrrrrre! 37wks today and its getting more uncomfy! My back is aching something shocking but its only in my ribs on my right side, can't wear a bra comfortably otherwise my ribs go into spasm, so hoping its just caused by the position of the baby! His bum is well and truly shoved into my upper abdomen so I am hoping for a bit of relief once he comes out! Although everything is getting harder, its so nice to have a 'real' baby belly! Even though we didn't have a choice for DS1 to come early, at 34 and bit weeks I still felt really small and not properly pregnant. So its nice to feel like pudding guts for a while hahahaha! OB appt on Thurs so looking forward to seeing how big he is, last appt 2 weeks ago he was just under 3kg, so i am estimating about 3.5kg by the time he arrives. 11 days, at the most, to go!!!!!!!! Tomorrow I am going to have a facial, massage and foot scrub (I got vouchers for chrissy from hubby and my sister), next week I might try and get to the hairdresser, am trying to book someone in to get the carpets cleaned, so that's about the level of my nesting, the house still looks like a pigsty and I have no motivation to clean it! What's this nesting thing everyone talks about

So can I share a funny story of my last OB appt? When we arrived the receptionist told me that they were having professional pics taken that day and would we be agreeable to maybe being in background shots. Sure we though, why not, thinking we would just be reading magazines in the waiting room or the like. So we trotted off to do our hospital tour after our appt (hospital is just across the road from his office) so they could do other photos and came back after. When we got back i was chatting to one of the receptionists and said oh they won't take close ups will they (i was looking shocking that day, daggy clothes and hair just messy) and she said oh no, maybe just some belly shots (again, thinking oh they might just zoom into my belly to take some stock shots of a pregnant belly or something). So then comes our turn to perform. Background in the waiting room? No. Close up belly shots? Umm...no. Pretend patient shots laying on his table pretending to have an ultrasound and with the midwife having my BP done!!!!!!!!!!!! Preggy belly on show for the world! OMG I couldn't believe it! It was freaking hilarious! We have a great relationship with our OB, he is bloody funny and we have the most amusing appointments, but that meant I was so unprofessional because I couldn't stop laughing! He kept making jokes about keeping my dignity covered up for the pics (ie my nether regions!), he kept pulling faces at me that got me giggling. I am dreading seeing these pics because we just couldn't stop laughing! So I have asked for a post c-section tummy tuck in payment for my services Anyway will be interesting to see what actually goes up on their website once they update it......other than a hideously dressed daggy haired mother to be lol But they were very nice about it and kept asking if I was feeling uncomfortable at all etc so it was all for a good cause, but geez one of the funniest days I have had in my life!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gilliebean1 For This Useful Post:

loveandlive  (31-12-2013),Pilbara  (30-12-2013),Sariele  (31-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ill be back with full story and details of my precious miracle babygirl who we came very close to loosing. Shes a tough cookie

But she's here safe and healthy.
    Mums and dad are inlove

April Rose Bell.
    7pound13!!!
    With a 860gram deformed life threatening placenta.(will explain later)
    36hrs from start of induction to delivery.
    16hr Balloon catheter.
    2x gel six hrs apart.
    2 seperate attempts 6hrs apart to break waters.
    Contraction drip (cant think what its
    4 attemps by 2 drs to place epidural called)
    Bleeding haemorrhage
    Emerg C Section

Gas is awesome and epidural got me to the finish.

And she has the most amazing daddy in the world.

Bloody tired but shes attached with in hours and sleeps solid.
    I love her

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sunshinebell For This Useful Post:

Amps  (31-12-2013),cheekynumum  (31-12-2013),Hoots  (30-12-2013),littlesunflowers  (05-01-2014),Pilbara  (30-12-2013),Sariele  (31-12-2013),Twocam  (30-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh god Sunshine thank goodness you are both okay. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (31-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow congrats Sunshinebell we have all been waiting for the wonderful news Sounds very full on but I bet it's all forgotten once you had her in your arms. Enjoy every minute of this time, it has taken so long for us to get here.

First one out, Pilbara might be next??
    Last edited by Rachael3; 30-12-2013 at 19:18.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Sunshine!!! Beautiful name and I love her weight. Just perfect.
    Very exciting times ahead for everyone. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to meljc86 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Sunshinebell!
    How scary it must've been for you & dad though! The main thing is she is here and happy and healthy, just try to rest up now xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoots For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    SunshineBell - wonderful news that beautiful baby girl bell is safely in your arms.

I celebrated my birthday today. Some friends came over for lunch and I am quite tired now.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chook11 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Holy crap sunshine! Thank god you are both ok... And....CONGRATULATIONS!!

Welcome to the world April!

Gilliebean - ...theres an OB experience not everyone gets! ...wow, only 11 days to go! It really is getting exciting around here

rachael - my OB said he gets a bit "twitchy" when women go over their due dates, and I think my age probably factors into it as well (38), but it's to do with the placenta maybe not continuing to do its thing as well as it should after your due date (so if they did regular placenta function tests, probably there is no risk at all). As for induction stressing the baby, I don't know anything about that, but as you'd be in hospital, I'd think they would monitor that pretty well... My OB said he would just break my waters, do you know whether yours does that or uses a drip or what? ...difficult decision isn't it?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post: