Closed Thread
Page 41 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh hoots Are we having fun yet? ...for a while my DH took to asking me after I sneezed whether it was a "warm sneeze" or not Hayfever was a b*tch this season... ...also, theres been times when bubs has seemed to jump on my bladder...ain't nobody gonna be able to hold that

lyndsaywa - welcome to the third trimester! Not long now...

sunshine - glad your results were good today

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (17-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayWA View Post
    Rachel - will be interesting to see what medela say. Let me know
    I'm confused The medela swing is an open breast pump. Medela said
    "As the leading provider of breast pumps globally we do not believe that there is an issue with open system pumps. With the Swing breast pump, the motor can be flushed out regularly if required or if any milk enters the motor. The water is sucked up the tubing so it cleans the tubing as well."

I also found that it has won multiple awards including the Medical Design Excellence Awards.

Reviews of both products are great.

Will need to think about it a little more and maybe ask a midwife or contact breast feeding AUS.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 17-12-2013 at 05:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I just wrote another massive post and its GONE, AGAIN!!!! I was already hormonal enough in my post and now this!!! I think i am going to go and cry and eat chocolate maybe! Faaaaaaaag you stupid bloody computer!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gilliebean1 For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (17-12-2013),Pilbara  (17-12-2013),Sunshinebell  (17-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalGal View Post
    It's exciting to hear so many of you are so close. Kinda makes it extra real for those of us who have only just reached the 3rd trimester. I walk around quite impressed with the roundness of my belly, only to realise that I have so far to go! Lol. My dad, (poppy to be) said " you won't get much rounder than that I guess" to which I replied "I'll get plenty rounder. ..I don't know how it will all fit in!" I'm only just 28wks! Bless him.
    My DH is always commenting on how enormous my belly is, and I have to keep reminding him that it's only going to get bigger, lol! I think we're due on the same day MG, so I can relate.

Can't believe I'm nearly at 30 weeks. It's been a dream to make it this far. Still cannot quite believe this is happening. I continue to worry about stillbirth. I wish we knew more about the reasons. I'm not so much worried about early delivery now cos they can work miracles at 27wks. But of course I still can't help thinking of the things that can still go wrong. I guess this never changes for any mum, let alone an Ivf'er. Next will be the worries of Sids. Never ending! ! Sorry. .. don't mean to bring a dampener to the thread, but I'm sure we're all having the same fears.
    Absolutely, I have the same worries constantly. When bubba is sleeping, I start worrying that he's not moving even though he moves so frequently that I have no reason to be paranoid at this stage. I also worry when I feel unusual movement, like he's having a fit in there or something, cause I stress that he might have something wrong with him. And don't even get me started on post-birth concerns! The other day my friend's baby was choking on excess saliva, and for too long for my liking he was trying to cough but wasn't breathing, and just watching it scared the crap out of me when I realised I'd have to deal with the same sort of things.

Walking 30 mins daily, aqua aerobics and prenatal yoga once a week.
    Gees I wish I was that motivated. I haven't been for a walk for a week and a half, and even though I always intend on going to aqua class twice a week, so far the most I've managed is once a week. Yesterday I promised myself I'd go for a walk, but still didn't. I feel so lazy and unfit, but I can't seem to be able to make myself exercise, even though I know how good it is for both me and the baby.

Sorry I've been "absent" everyone. I'm still reading along, but just haven't felt like posting lately. Everything's still fine with me I think.. last antenatal class tonight, and my next ob appt on Thursday arvo. After that I'll be on fortnightly appointments!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

MusicalGal  (17-12-2013),Sunshinebell  (17-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

SunshineBell - Good to hear you are being closely monitored. Not long to go now.

Hoots - don't worry. I have been wearing liners the whole pregnancy because of little sneeze leaks.

I got a "Snow Bear" electric breast pump from ebay. It came from Singapore and has Chinese writing on it. I hope it does the job.

On Sunday night I woke up with a bout of diarrhoea and vomiting, and felt dreadful most of yesterday. It felt like I had that achy feeling in your limbs that you get before getting the flu. Stayed at home and tried to sleep. Feel much better today. But earlier this morning after eating a chicken soup threw up again. Didn't make it to the toilet bowl and had to clean it up. I feel well enough to work at the computer but will stay at home today. Because of this my GTT has been postponed until Thursday. Baby is still moving as normal.

I am getting more neurotic about still birth in these final stages. This happened to a friend of mine so have been affected by this experience. Since my last doctors appointment I have been getting more worried and am checking the heartbeat and looking out for movements all the time. Thinking now I would ike to see Baby out sooner rather than later.

If they want to induce 10 days before my due date (21 Jan), I suppose they would start the process around 10-11 Jan and the birth date would be soon after that. However, I will still do acupuncture in the lead up to it, to try to prepare the body. Maybe l'll go into labour before 10 Jan and still avoid the induction.

best wishes to all

9. The Following User Says Thank You to chook11 For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (17-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoots I was thinking of asking the group a similar question. So we're all normal...I just hope it doesn't continue for too long past the birth!

Gilliebean not much computer luck! Have you thought of writing your posts in a Google doc first? They're almost impossible to accidentally lose the text from. I've lost posts too - so frustrating!

My ticker says I should start planning a baby shower...hmmm. How to do that without making extra work for myself?

Thanks
    Reviews
    littlesunflowers - you can order all the decorations online. Hopefully you have family to make food and woolies/coles do platters. Just organise drinks and ask a friend/s to look after the games/prizes.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael3 For This Useful Post:

littlesunflowers  (20-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im 35 + 5 weeks. Wondering if it's getting harder for you ladies to walk? The sides above my pubic bone get so sore even when I need to get up during the night. Feels like my legs will detach from my body if I continued to walk or I have done inner thigh presses everyday for the first time. Notice it's getting more painful. Are you ladies experiencing the same thing?
    Last edited by Rachael3; 18-12-2013 at 05:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, so glad you had a discussion about breast pumps as I was set on getting the Avent. I didn't even really know there was other brands until I started saw all your posts and started googling and found out so much info! I rally like the sound of the Spectra S2, but what I'm wondering is when am I likely to use it? I don't want to waste all that money If I may not use it? Also, has anyone already used this brand or one similar and used a different brand of bottles such as the Avent? The Avent bottles still seem to be better......
    Hope you all have a lovely Wednesday! 1 more week till Christmas x