Closed Thread
Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post

sunshine - is DH back home? How are you going? ...no bleeding I hope!
    Had another wk 28 scan this morning. All was good and my placenta is now fully clear which is great.
    Baby is measuring in range and weighs 1.4kilos.

Nanny leaves sunday. Dh is home 9 days later so just take it easy and do nothing to strenuous while here alone.

Have next dr appt next friday. And next scan wk 31.

Kankles are back after being out all morning. Dropped into the shops post appt. Couching it this arvo... legs evelated. Was very disappointed no new season sandals fitted my blown up feet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gilliebean - good to hear from you! Sorry to hear that you are exhausted, but it's kind of comforting to know its not just me! With DD, I felt awesome in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters, and I was kind of waiting for that to kick in again this time.,.hasn't happened

Hoots - I feel for you with having to work full time...I couldn't have managed it this time around! Dinosaur theme sounds cute Did you have a bad monkey experience? ...no curious George for your bubba huh?

KD - what is the SIJ joint? That doesn't sound comfy! I'm having a few problems with soreness across the back of my hips and then sometimes a shooting pain into my butt, but so far it's not too bad...I'm trying to keep up with my walking (even though that seems to exacerbate it at the time) in the hope that I don't 'seize up'. Shame about the 3D pic, we didn't get one either...not sure whether there's another opportunity...

sunshine - is DH back home? How are you going? ...no bleeding I hope!

AFM - I have bitten the bullet and hired a cleaner I feel incredibly guilty about it since I'm a stay at home mum with only one child! ...but I'm just so exhausted that not enough is getting done and it's starting to get me down a bit. Anyhoo, she starts next week, and will be doing 3 hours a week... Aside from that, no news, nothing to report
    Pilbara - I honestly don't know where my monkey phobia stems from but can I say I provide amusing entertainment when confronted with anything monkey related!! DH tells me I need to get over it lol I'm nearly 30 and it hasn't happened yet!! Maybe hypnosis? I can't even buy bananas!!

I hope everyone is ok if affected by the fires, I got road blocked twice today cos they were jumping the roads!!!

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Tommi glad everything is ok...wow what a week you've had!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunshinebell - good news re your placenta and 28 weeks already! Fluid retention doesn't sound much fun though, are you allowed to try a herbal tea or anything to try to alleviate it?

hoots - phobias are strange things aren't they? Stick with dinosaurs, and then major in Thomas the tank engine when he's a bit bigger! :-)

Twocam - how are you going?

little sunflowers - everything ticking along ok?

everyone else? Happy weekend to you all. Stay safe xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (19-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    #January#
    10th - Sunshinebell (girl) 5 day hatch trns ICSI
    13th - bunnikins (boy) 5 day trns
    17th - Twocam (boy) 5day trns
    19th - Meljc86 (surprise)
    20th - Gilliebean (boy) – 6 Day Transfer ICSI
    21st - chook11 (surprise) 3 day picsi
    22nd - QI2013
    24th - Tommi (boy) – 5 Day Transfer
    24th - CDNinOZ
    31st - Pilbara (boy)

#February#

20th - cheekynumum (girl) 5 day trns
    26th - MariaA (boy) – 5 Day Transfer ICSI
    Littlesunflower?

#March#

2nd - Hoots (boy)
    4th - KD0085 (Boy) – 3 Day Transfer ICSI
    5th – LissyP (Boy)
    7th- Musical Gal (Boy) – 5 Day Transfer ICSI
    7th- Sariele (Boy) – 5 Day Transfer ICSI
    14th - GDYB03 – 3 Day Transfer ICSI
    17th - LindsayWA (Girl) – 5 Day Transfer
    23rd - Jedihouse

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my 5 hr dead sleep and bang... wide awake. Milo time!
    Someone is getting ne ready for mother hood.
    Laying here and cannot believe stil what this little being inside me is capable of.you expect kicks and movement, but now when she blows my mind I think, it is really way more than I ever expected. Mind blowingly amazing.
    Now she's bigger the feeling I get when she turns is indescribable. ... in a good way. Gillie, Pilbara and twocam mums I get it now! First time mums you wait ... its gets more and more amazing.

Moved our due day last post over and hope I haven't offended anyone but I originally put a few people on from our first trimester who haven't been in contact since so I've dropped them off. Not sure if everything has gone okay with their pregnancy or just not doing bh anymore. If you're reading alone but not posting please feel free to readd yourself.

So I have to have my draft birth plan completed by next week dr appt.
    Anyone thinking birth plan yet?..... twocam you're next down the list!
    Pretty much ticked my boxes but am open to all possibles and worst case scenarios. Lower expectations means less disappointment.
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 19-10-2013 at 05:42.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshinebell For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (19-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

4am wake up call for me ahhh sleeplessness I hate you. I am hearing you sunshine maybe it's all just training. So glad to hear about you placenta everything sounds like it's going well for you.

Sariele - congrats on ur 20 week half way point. So exciting before you know it you I'll bub will be in ur arms.

OMG Tommi - u really have had a terrible week. I can't stop thinking about your situation everyday I read & I'm giving my DH updates on ur situation & everyday he asks how ur going. Ah stupid prego hormones I'm crying for u now. I'm so glad ur r ok how frightening!!!!! I couldn't what the people who have lost their homes are going through ;(

So I have a hens night today for a friend today & I am just so not looking forward to it. Ah thank god all those days r over for me. Take care everyone have a great safe weekend xxx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LindsayWA For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (19-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinebell View Post
    So I have to have my draft birth plan completed by next week dr appt.
    Anyone thinking birth plan yet?..... twocam you're next down the list!
    Pretty much ticked my boxes but am open to all possibles and worst case scenarios. Lower expectations means less disappointment.
    ive been thinking about mine a little... My OB hasn't mentioned whether I need one or not (or anything at all about the birth), and I'm starting to wonder how much say ill get in how everything goes anyway ...trying not to worry about it until after my birth class and tour at the hospital which is about a month away... With DD I had a birth plan, but everything happened so fast that it never even made it out of my bag! At the end of the day I got a healthy baby girl, and that's what is most important, but still, it's disappointing when it doesn't go the way you'd like it to...

Are you doing a lot of reading sunshine? Or have you done some birth classes? ...just wondering how you are creating your birth plan...

lyndsaywa- have you had any discussions with OB about the actual delivery? ...whenever I try to ask him a question, he's already raced out of the room

Thanks
    Reviews
    ive been thinking about mine a little... My OB hasn't mentioned whether I need one or not (or anything at all about the birth), and I'm starting to wonder how much say ill get in how everything goes anyway ...trying not to worry about it until after my birth class and tour at the hospital which is about a month away... With DD I had a birth plan, but everything happened so fast that it never even made it out of my bag! At the end of the day I got a healthy baby girl, and that's what is most important, but still, it's disappointing when it doesn't go the way you'd like it to...

Are you doing a lot of reading sunshine? Or have you done some birth classes? ...just wondering how you are creating your birth plan...
    (
    I figure 90%+ isn't gonna go to plan. Expecting it would, will just lead to disappointment. Don't get me wrong I'm a positive person but also a realist.
    I've been doing lots if reading. 1day birthing and 1day parenting class booked for wk33.
    A snapshot
    - i want to try just gas.... epidural if it comes down to it!( after her weight came in wk 28scan a 90 percentile.... I figure I may be kidding myself, so does dh!)
    - heat packs, shower/bath, breathing ... what ever works
    - if I needed assisted birth id do foecepts over vac ... they say its harder on mum but better on bub, & I'll take the pain for her (thoughts anyone???)
    - natural tear over episiotomy ... (again only personal research that lead me to that conclusion - any insite from your experiences welcome??)
    - if I need a c section .... so be it (was high change til this week)
    - delayed clamping ( unless its absolute emergency and they cant)
    - signed all the consent forms for all the vaccinations, screens & tests ... totally for all of that
    I am debating giving in and having in epidural, so if I had to have emergency c secction, I could be awake and not have general anesthetic. (Again ... love your thoughts???)

Last edited by Sunshinebell; 19-10-2013 at 19:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gees, can't even think of birth plan yet! But I am two months behind you. It all sounds good, but I haven't even done my own research yet, lol. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ We had a productive morning! Baby Bunting agreed to price match with My Baby Warehouse, so we got a Boori Classic cot, change table, 4 drawer chest, innerspring mattress, change mat, and Valco Rico bassinet for $1655. We brought the cot, mattress and bassinet home today (DH had to leave me there, take everything home, then come back for me, as we only have a little Mazda 2, lol), but it will be around a 13 or 14 week wait for the change table and drawers thanks to the Boori backlog due to their warehouse relocation. No problem, unless Squigs comes super early (in which case he'd be in hospy anyway), we'll still have plenty of time to get it all ready for him.
    But now we're broke, right before we go away on our 2 week cruise, we still need to fork out a couple of grand for optional activities etc., DH won't get paid for those two weeks, plus my obs management fee is due soon ($2500). Oops! At least in the long run we've saved a little bit of money though.