Closed Thread
Page 39 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

It's been fantastic to see pictures of bellies, nurseries and swollen feet :-) That's some serious swelling going on sunshine. I get a bit annoyed with hot, swollen feet at the end of the day. ... you look like u could barely walk! ?

It's exciting to hear so many of you are so close. Kinda makes it extra real for those of us who have only just reached the 3rd trimester. I walk around quite impressed with the roundness of my belly, only to realise that I have so far to go! Lol. My dad, (poppy to be) said " you won't get much rounder than that I guess" to which I replied "I'll get plenty rounder. ..I don't know how it will all fit in!" I'm only just 28wks! Bless him.

Can't believe I'm nearly at 30 weeks. It's been a dream to make it this far. Still cannot quite believe this is happening. I continue to worry about stillbirth. I wish we knew more about the reasons. I'm not so much worried about early delivery now cos they can work miracles at 27wks. But of course I still can't help thinking of the things that can still go wrong. I guess this never changes for any mum, let alone an Ivf'er. Next will be the worries of Sids. Never ending! ! Sorry. .. don't mean to bring a dampener to the thread, but I'm sure we're all having the same fears.

I've noticed decreased movement in these past 2 wks, but when he moves, the moves are 'stronger'. Everything is still going along fine. Walking 30 mins daily, aqua aerobics and prenatal yoga once a week. GD test results should be in today. Fingers crossed this oldie doesn't have it. Though I'm sure the insulin injections will b nothing compared to stim needles!

Happy baby growing and nursery Prepping everyone! Xx

MusicalGal
    Last edited by MusicalGal; 13-12-2013 at 07:40.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (14-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sunshine! ...no, my cankles aren't half as bad as yours, you poor love... Hope your appointment goes well today, let us know...

musicalgal- you are right, the worry never ends BUT more than likely everything will be fine, the chances of stillbirth and SIDS are really very small ...doesn't stop us from worrying though does it?, and having had such a difficult road to get here, it's even harder to relax and accept that this wonderful thing is really happening...

xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (14-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ouch Sunshine you poor bugger. They look very painful

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did your appointment go sunshine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    How did your appointment go sunshine?
    I had high bp again friday and was sent from clinic to assessment unit for ctg and bp profiling. I had another round of bloods and urine to check protein for preeclampsia again, but bloods show no protein. They are worried I may be on the verge as puffiness well up legs and face, back and starting on belly. Thursday I had headache all day that wouldn't shift with panadol and Friday morning at clinic got the one eye auora thing happened when in waiting room with headache. And started having chest pains whichnis just my heart trying to cope with fluid and blood pressure volumes.
    I have to go back to assessment unit monday to redo bloods, urine and bp profile monitoring again. And am told I will go twice weekly from now.
    So we continue to wait and see... babygirl seems as happy as pie in there!

40 degrees here today in perth so dh and I just got back from the pond. Love how he now walks fur baby as the park lights are coming on and I sit on the park bench and wait for them to return! I can only do the small pond very slowly. I can't do the the big pond.

One of my work colleagues edd two weeks ahead of me has had her bub girl 4 weeks early..
    Friend edd 3 weeks ahead of me had her little boy last monday.
    And my other friends sister inlaw is now booked for c section this Monday due to her bp. She was due 4days before me.
    Baby news everwhere! Love it. Very exciting!
    But a bit jealous they all got their Christmas pressies early.

Hope you're all done for Christmas. Can't believe how close it is. Going to catch up with girlfriends this week to give them their little somethings. Everything is wrapped. And im loving having my lights on each night. mum and dad are here so really feels like Christmas.

Xx
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 14-12-2013 at 23:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Sunshine that doesn't sound like much fun but at least frequent monitoring means you get a bit of reassurance I guess I wonder if you'll end up with a baby before Christmas too, like the other women you know?

Has anyone bought a breast pump yet, or plan to? I'm looking at the Spectra S2, it seems to get good reviews.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow sunshine, I'm actually surprised that they didn't induce you on Friday! ...not that I know much about these things in truth... I am glad that they are going to monitor you twice a week, sounds as though they are on top of things

twocam - I have an Avent electric breast pump from when I had DD... I had no problems with it, but never tried another, so don't know how it compares to others... Is the spectra electric? ...the manual ones can be hard on your hands and wrists I'm told...

hows everyone going?

i am currently flaked outing the couch having spent all afternoon at KingsPark for my nephews 2nd birthday... Waaaay too hot for that at this stage of pregnancy. I feel completely spent...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been told the medela swing is one of the best ones from friends and stores. The bottles arnt that great as they don't mimick the breast as well, so you pour the milk into an avent or pigeon bottles. The lady at the store said it's best to wait until bub is born to make sure you can breast feed or ensure you can get a refund if you can't as the electric ones are not cheap (but worth it).
    Last edited by Rachael3; 15-12-2013 at 19:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow sunshine I thought for sure they would have had you in. Glad that she is baking for a lil longer. The constant monitoring is going to be a pain but totally necessary.

Twocam - I got the new Tommie Tippee Miomee one as it is a closed system machine, not very many of them are & cause I work in the pharmacy (or used to) I got it at cost. I would do some research on open & closed systems as it is very interesting info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayWA View Post
    Wow sunshine I thought for sure they would have had you in. Glad that she is baking for a lil longer. The constant monitoring is going to be a pain but totally necessary.

Twocam - I got the new Tommie Tippee Miomee one as it is a closed system machine, not very many of them are & cause I work in the pharmacy (or used to) I got it at cost. I would do some research on open & closed systems as it is very interesting info.
    Thanks for the info very interesting. Just checked the Medela Swing and it's coming up as a closed system bp.

http://www.breastpumpcomparisons.com...ump-specs.html