Closed Thread
Page 38 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok so I have had 24hrs to calm down after my lost post but i can't bring myself to go back through all the posts again so I am only going to start from this page lol

Lindsay yippee for coming close to the Third Trimester!

I love love love your nursery Cheeky! The sheet set is so cute! And I see that puppy couldn't miss out of the fun either lol Your carpet looks really lush!

Pilbara your placenta buggers off out of the way in time! Its so frustrating having to wait!

Sunshine I think it was you asking about my section date - yes it is the 10th of Jan, unless he decides he wants to make an earlier appearance (I hope not!!). Can't wait! Hubby's only concern is that the procedure takes place in the morning so that he has time to join the baby up to his Collingwood Membership that day without having to wait till the monday...yes ladies, that's the priority in this household DS1 was born on a Friday night and he was very disappointed that they wouldn't take membership applications on the weekend!

AFM at most, 4wk and 2 days until we meet this little munchkin! I definitely feel pregnant now and look pregnant (in my eyes). I always thought I just kinda looked fat and not really pregnant, but now my belly has rounded out a bit more and I am starting to actually look really pregnant lol By this weekend time wise, DS was here (34+4) so anything from this weekend on will be unchartered waters for me lol

Has everyone finished their christmas shopping? I haven't, and Im dreading it! Also have to find a birthday present for my niece who is turning 4 next week and I just have no idea what to buy them. I have told DH that I am going out on my own on the weekend and he can stay home with DS, so that I can wander around in my own time and fluff around if I need to, without them lagging behind, my son having a meltdown because he is bored, and my DH just being a pain lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gilliebean1 For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (11-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had a show overnight. Midwife asked me to come into assessment unit for checkup. It appears everything is still in tact, but cervix is softening. So just wait and see. dr said after the scan all looks good with bub, but her and sonographer both said approx 7pound7 or 3.3kilo...!
    Still having clinic appt friday so see what happens then!!

Boy thats a big bub for 35+5!

Edit: dh corrects me she's 3.5kilo
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 11-12-2013 at 20:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh sunshine how exciting ur time is sooo close. Keep us updated if any new signs appear. Best of luck Friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinebell View Post
    Had a show overnight. Midwife asked me to come into assessment unit for checkup. It appears everything is still in tact, but cervix is softening. So just wait and see. dr said after the scan all looks good with bub, but her and sonographer both said approx 7pound7 or 3.3kilo...!
    Still having clinic appt friday so see what happens then!!

Boy thats a big bub for 35+5!

Edit: dh corrects me she's 3.5kilo
    goodness sunshine! I don't even know what to say...except...oh, how exciting!!!! Do they think that she's on her way?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gillie - 4 weeks and 2 days! ...wow, not long now ...it's all starting to get real isn't it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind me popping in here, I am from the 2013 Jan/Feb/Mar DIG, I just wanted to say good luck with the coming months, enjoy every moment of it... Its such an amazing time!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (12-12-2013),gilliebean1  (17-12-2013),littlesunflowers  (15-12-2013),Pilbara  (12-12-2013),Sariele  (12-12-2013),Sunshinebell  (12-12-2013),Twocam  (12-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AmyFL - thanks for your good wishes, although I think "abject terror" might best describe my emotions at the moment

Cheeky - your nursery is so calm, I love it

Pilbara - loving the idea of a pre-Xmas scan, it's like an extra pressie, isn't it (my 36 wk scan is Thurs 19/12 - lucky my placenta had moved up by my 28 week scan, so this one is just a bonus ).

Sunshine - wow a show already you might well be the first of us to do the 'big reveal'

Gillie - hope you get that alone time on the weekend. Might be the last for a while, hey

AFM 34+6 and can't wait until Sat 21st when I finish my final shift. We will then head off to Victoria for 6 days over Xmas, then home again to wait out the final couple of weeks of this journey. I washed my first load of baby clothes yesterday

Thanks
    Reviews
    SunshineBell - how exciting about the show! Good luck with the appointment tomorrow.

Had a scan yesterday (34 Weeks). I brought my mother along as well as DH this time. Last time you could really see the baby's face, and a good view of legs kicking around. This time, it was hard to see much at all, and didn't get any good pictures. Baby is still large, and they estimated the weight at 3kg. That is about what I weighed when I was born! Head circumference was 324.2mm, that means head diameter would be 103mm. The head is down, and the backbone is along my left side, with legs kicking high to the right. This is consistent with me always feeling kicks to the upper right, and tending to find the heartbeat to the lower left.

The doc afterwards started talking about inducing about 7-10 days before my due date because of my age and the big baby. He says there is a higher risk of the placenta not working in the final stages of pregnancy, for us oldies.

I'm a bit disappointed about this and I'm not sure I like the idea. I would prefer to leave everything alone and let the baby come when s/he is ready. I don't think there is any evidence that my placenta is not working, in fact, it is working too well. Surely they can monitor the placenta, eg with scans? I just wouldn't want to intervene unless it is necessary. The doc says I don't have to do the induction, it is still my choice. I think I will ask more questions at the next appointment.

Also, the doc wants me to do another 2 hour GTT. I had the test before and they said I did not have GT, but they want to do it again because of the big baby. So now that is booked in for next Tuesday morning.

At least my blood pressure was normal. Also I noticed in the printout in my record afterward that my engagement was measured at 3/5 this time, and last time was 5/5. This means the baby is getting more engaged. I am walking home from work everyday, and rocking on a swiss ball at my desk at home, hoping to get Baby in a good position. I am hoping I will go into labour by myself early to avoid them pressuring me about the induction. Tomorrow I am going to see an acupuncturist and ask about helping ripen the cervix etc to get things ready.

Hope everyone else is cruising along well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Time for some belly pics, before the belly is gone:
    Attachment 47766
    Attachment 47767
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing your belly pictures Chook.

I shall be the advocate for all those out there who thought pregnancy would be joyous!

Im going to shock you all with some photos from last night. Astounded that this can happen to what was a tall thin 65kilo body.
    Fluid retention is no fun.

Mind the chipped polish and dry skin ... due for pedicure and was yet I to seek husbands assistance for moisturising!

Pilbara ... bet your knakles had nothing on this

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images