Closed Thread
Page 30 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 971
  1. #291
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    354
    Thanked
    155
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    I still have a vial of Saizen growth hormone in the fridge, plus some pessaries, neither of which I have the heart to get rid of, I don't know why. I think because the Saizen cost us $170 with no rebate, but I don't know why I can't throw out the pessaries. I threw out anything else I had, in previous cycles too. I also still have nearly half a bottle of white wine in the fridge that I opened the night before my successful transfer, and I can't get rid of that either, even though it would be more than undrinkable now! I'm not usually superstitious, but I feel like it's my good luck charm; i.e. as long as that bottle of wine is still in the fridge, the baby will be okay. Weirdo!
    Yep totally a superstition thing. The open stuff I got rid of but I took a few months.
    I have unopened 8 month chilled wine in the fridge. funny aren't we.

  2. #292
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,733
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    473
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinebell View Post
    Yep totally a superstition thing. The open stuff I got rid of but I took a few months.
    I have unopened 8 month chilled wine in the fridge. funny aren't we.
    It's totally nuts, lol. I also have two pairs of yellow booties under my pillow that were sent to me just before my last cycle by two pregnant ladies from another forum (old wives tale: pregnant lady rubs yellow booties on her belly, then passes them on to someone who is TTC, who puts them under their pillow until they become pregnant too). Anyway, by now I should be rubbing them on my belly and passing them onto someone else, but I just can't part with them, and I even take them away with me on holidays/overnight stays in hotels/etc so that I never have a night without them under my pillow. Another good luck charm. I've never been like this before in my life, so I feel ridiculous!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

    Sunshinebell  (29-11-2013)

  4. #293
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    815
    Thanks
    516
    Thanked
    257
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    It's totally nuts, lol. I also have two pairs of yellow booties under my pillow that were sent to me just before my last cycle by two pregnant ladies from another forum (old wives tale: pregnant lady rubs yellow booties on her belly, then passes them on to someone who is TTC, who puts them under their pillow until they become pregnant too). Anyway, by now I should be rubbing them on my belly and passing them onto someone else, but I just can't part with them, and I even take them away with me on holidays/overnight stays in hotels/etc so that I never have a night without them under my pillow. Another good luck charm. I've never been like this before in my life, so I feel ridiculous!
    I have never heard of this, but I love it ...no harm in keeping them under your pillow I say! ...I bought red bedside lamps when we were in the midst of IVF, because I read that according to Chinese medicine that is good for fertility

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

    Sariele  (30-11-2013),Sunshinebell  (29-11-2013)

  6. #294
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    354
    Thanked
    155
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OMG my sweet little princess continues to grow to be a ba-bumpa-bub.... complete chubba bubba.
    My 8am appointment finished 7 hours later today!
    My bp was checked twice and was high. My fundal had grown 6cm in 2weeks and bad odema (ankles to knee is severe, where you can push your finger in make a hole thst does not bounce back), so I was sent around the hospital all day. Pathology for bloods and further urine, an ultrasound where bub has had huge growth spurt in size in last 2weeks and am told today at 34weeks she's 3.1kilos or 6+pound, again with large abdomen. Then off to the assessment unit for ctg monitoring and bp testing.
    I am now having a further 36week ultrasound in 2 weeks to check baby's growth and told I may be induced early due to bp and size.

    So im currently
    Scared baby will be huge if I can get through a few more weeks ( &all this time ive prayed for her to stay put)
    Crazily now happy for her to come early ..as how will I ever deliver a 9pound baby full term.(they said thats now what shes ontrack for)
    And really bless and lucky as for most people post haemorrhage then find the placenta doesn't continue to keep babys growth rate up. Mine is feeding her exceptionally well!

    anything else this pregnancy wants to throw at me

    Hope all our working I girls had a speedy Friday. Enjoy your well deserved weekend. Everyone else have a relaxing weekend too.
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 29-11-2013 at 18:45.

  7. #295
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    737
    Thanks
    529
    Thanked
    461
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalGal View Post
    Far out getting a pram is a science isn't it? ! Think we've settled on a Baby Jogger City Mini GT.
    That's what we've bought, MusicalGal. The only bad thing I can see is that the basket underneath is REALLY small (and it's recommended that you don't hang things from the handle since it tips), so I'm wondering how I'll carry groceries. But honestly only this one and the Phil and Teds Dot fit in our tiny car (Hyundai i20) and I loved the ease of folding this one. Can't wait to use it

  8. #296
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    814
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked
    172
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sunshinebell, it's great to hear your bub is so healthy. Better that than an unhealthy growing bub. You might see your little miss sooner than you think
    Last edited by Rachael3; 03-12-2013 at 06:11.

  9. #297
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    354
    Thanked
    155
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael3 View Post
    Sunshinebell, it's great to hear your bub is so healthy. Better that than an unhealthy growing bub. You might see your little miss sooner than you think
    Yeah I remember a month ago thinking her higher side weight was good thing
    How quickly the mind set changes

  10. #298
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    815
    Thanks
    516
    Thanked
    257
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinebell View Post
    OMG my sweet little princess continues to grow to be a ba-bumpa-bub.... complete chubba bubba.
    My 8am appointment finished 7 hours later today!
    My bp was checked twice and was high. My fundal had grown 6cm in 2weeks and bad odema (ankles to knee is severe, where you can push your finger in make a hole thst does not bounce back), so I was sent around the hospital all day. Pathology for bloods and further urine, an ultrasound where bub has had huge growth spurt in size in last 2weeks and am told today at 34weeks she's 3.1kilos or 6+pound, again with large abdomen. Then off to the assessment unit for ctg monitoring and bp testing.
    I am now having a further 36week ultrasound in 2 weeks to check baby's growth and told I may be induced early due to bp and size.

    So im currently
    Scared baby will be huge if I can get through a few more weeks ( &all this time ive prayed for her to stay put)
    Crazily now happy for her to come early ..as how will I ever deliver a 9pound baby full term.(they said thats now what shes ontrack for)
    And really bless and lucky as for most people post haemorrhage then find the placenta doesn't continue to keep babys growth rate up. Mine is feeding her exceptionally well!

    anything else this pregnancy wants to throw at me

    Hope all our working I girls had a speedy Friday. Enjoy your well deserved weekend. Everyone else have a relaxing weekend too.

    Sounds like an exhausting day! ...but good to know that you are being monitored thoroughly

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

    Sunshinebell  (30-11-2013)

  12. #299
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth WA
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    69
    Reviews
    0
    Wow 7 hours sunshine you must have been tried. So when will they be thinkin of inducing if u do have to? It 4 weeks till Chrissy will it be after or before. Wow can't believe it u must be over it I bet.

    I'm not having a baby shower as I have a thing about asking for presents. I don't mind going to them, in fact I love them, but just hate the thought of playing games & have everyone watch me as I open gifts. If people want they'll but one when they see us. Weird I know

    I ended up buying the emmaljunga pram. Bit of a rush buy but it was on sale but I have been given a couple second hand ones so I guess we'll chop & change as required. I have been the icandy peach they r gorgeous.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to LindsayWA For This Useful Post:

    Sunshinebell  (30-11-2013)

  14. #300
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    814
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked
    172
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    .,,
    Last edited by Rachael3; 03-12-2013 at 06:12.


 

Similar Threads

  1. IVF Babies Due Apr/May/Jun 2014 #2
    By SimpsonDesert in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 939
    Last Post: 04-12-2013, 11:11
  2. IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2014
    By Ivfnewbie in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 920
    Last Post: 15-10-2013, 10:45
  3. IVF Babies Due Apr/May/Jun 2014
    By Sunshinebell in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 1030
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 17:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Einsteinz Music
Make music at Einsteinz Music in age-appropriate class in Sydney's Inner West, Eastern Suburbs or North Shore. For ages 6 mths - 4 yrs. All music is live! Christmas Gift certificates available for full term or casual classes. Call 0431 338 143
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
121Temps
For the last 10 years 121 Temps has helped thousands of personal assistants/others to set up and work as a virtual assistant from home. Our services include: - One-2-One Mentoring - Online training/courses - Handbook, Toolkits, Templates & more.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!