Closed Thread
Page 29 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lindsay
    I threw mine out, I know it really does seem like such a waste but I don't think anyone would trust another's incase they haven't stored it properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Meljc86 that sounds pretty unprofessional - I thought the scan techs weren't supposed to offer medical opinions as they're not qualified to do that? We don't have any nuchal measurements listed on our 20 week scan.

Thanks to the comment on BH. No I haven't had anything.Baby isn't big on moving much either, but has been like that all the way through and the Hospital isn't hugely worried, so long as he stays consistent

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Twocam, she is a GP. Will give the hospital Dr a call and see what he thinks

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told I had Braxton Hicks at around 20 weeks. Definitely still getting them - no pain though, just like being squeezed really tight!

Leftover IVF drugs? wow, I was only issued exactly what I was going to use!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayWA View Post
    Just a quick question, what have you ladies done with your left of drugs from IVF. I have a lot of new unused ones I paid for & don't have the heart to throw away as I know there would be people out there who could use it. Is this ethical thought????
    Lindsay I might have to .make the call come xmas food shop. I have a cheese chrisper in top of the door that i have some in too. Brand new boxes sealed unopened. Just crazy when you know what they're worth hey. Some of mine don't expire until 06/14 & 06/15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meljc86 - I wasn't given a nuchal fold measurement at my 20 week scan either... Like you, I thought it was a small window around 12/13 weeks where this measurement was relevant...? I'd definitely call another doc/OB and ask the question...

lindsaywa - I had HEAPS of leftover IVF drugs, and I would have loved to have passed them on to someone else, but my understanding is that it is illegal to give anyone else prescription medications. My DH took them all down to the pharmacy and handed them over for disposal...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    Meljc86 - I wasn't given a nuchal fold measurement at my 20 week scan either... Like you, I thought it was a small window around 12/13 weeks where this measurement was relevant...? I'd definitely call another doc/OB and ask the question...

lindsaywa - I had HEAPS of leftover IVF drugs, and I would have loved to have passed them on to someone else, but my understanding is that it is illegal to give anyone else prescription medications. My DH took them all down to the pharmacy and handed them over for disposal...
    Lindsay & Pilbara if we did decide to do another cycle after baby I have always needed to purchase 1 extra needle for trigger and extra at epu on top of drugs given as part of standard treatment. Will get to throwing 06/14 but might hang onto thst 06/15 a little bit longer..

Meljc86 dido to above.. how awful for you. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still have a vial of Saizen growth hormone in the fridge, plus some pessaries, neither of which I have the heart to get rid of, I don't know why. I think because the Saizen cost us $170 with no rebate, but I don't know why I can't throw out the pessaries. I threw out anything else I had, in previous cycles too. I also still have nearly half a bottle of white wine in the fridge that I opened the night before my successful transfer, and I can't get rid of that either, even though it would be more than undrinkable now! I'm not usually superstitious, but I feel like it's my good luck charm; i.e. as long as that bottle of wine is still in the fridge, the baby will be okay. Weirdo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think anyone would want to use someone's drugs just in case they weren't well kept.

Has anyone had the cold/flu on and off during this pregnancy?
    Last edited by Rachael3; 03-12-2013 at 06:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with u Sariele I won't get rid of the drugs until I am holding that baby but they look at me everyday in the fridge.

I had a friend that decided with her last pregnancy that she was having her last baby & her hubby was going to get the snip. She lost the baby at 25 wks. Can u imagine if he had got it don't. I know it is a totally different situation but I don't want to throw them or give away just yet...

Meljc I would get another opinion. I can't believe the waited to tell u till 30 wks. I hope it's nothing & just some silly US tech. Xx fingers for u.