Closed Thread
Page 28 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinebell View Post
    And the intervention, seems like every second person. And the whole style of birthing. UK one atleast gave me a more realistic idea of what im in for! I liked Midwives UK show too. Tried to download the episodes I missed, but can't.

Edit amd Bsby Hospital was a heart breaker
    because everyone is strapped into bed with an epidural in the US one? I agree, but on the other hand, in an English one I just saw, the lady was completely freaking out and in a panic, but they kept refusing to give her an epidural (she was literally begging, and even asked for a CS when they wouldn't give it!) They didnt bother checking her, just kept saying she wasn't far enough along. By the time they decided to actually check her, she was fully dilated and it was too late... She gave birth to a transverse baby (which I understand to be very painful)... Poor love...

personally, I'm more frightened of the epidural, but I'd like to think that if I start begging for one, they'll give it to me!

...see, I'm still waaaay too invested! It's a freaking tv show, i need to calm down already! ...can I blame hormones?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like the UK version but I think I've watched every single back-episode on Youtube now, so no more Had a message from my midwife today that my hospital def won't let me go into their birth centre (they have a new policy of no over-40s). So it's the regular hospital for us.BTW, when do BH contractions normally start for most people?
    Last edited by Twocam; 28-11-2013 at 04:16. Reason: sp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Geez that's a bit rude isn't it twocam, not allowing over 40s? I've got an apt at 30wks with our public hospital to see the method of delivery. I guess no one can say for sure what's going to be best for me at 41yo. The pregnancy has actually been a dream so far.....(quick. .. better go knock on some wood! ) but who knows if I may get gestational diabetes etc. He's currently lying head down, bum up, my urine is always clear of proteins and I've had no bleeding. Must admit I like the idea of a caesar to eliminate all the unknowns of how the birth will go and I definitely don't like the sound of being induced. Would b a bit worried about recovery from a caesar tho. I wonder if the public would prefer it given my age. ...? 26weeks today. Plenty of time yet, and VERY reassuring too be feeling Jumping Jack leaping around in there rather than having to wait for each BT or scan.

Far out getting a pram is a science isn't it? ! Think we've settled on a Baby Jogger City Mini GT. Seems to be light, compact, folds with 1 hand while you're holding your baby, hand brake and has all-terrain wheels. Every review I've read raves on it.
    Happy baby growing everyone!

MusicalGal

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovely to get your update MusicalGal. Sounds like a dream pregnancy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshinebell For This Useful Post:

MusicalGal  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MusicGal - I'm like you. Dream pregnancy from the get-go, no MS, no major food aversions, still exercising (walking between 5-7km most days). Initially had low lying placenta but that has now totally moved. But apparently over-40s have a higher rate of intervention as a group and the Birth Centre doesn't take individual circumstances into account. Ah well, the closer I get, the more I'm starting to think that 'no drugs' it not best for me anyway. ****es me off that someone else made the choice for me though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twocam View Post
    Had a message from my midwife today that my hospital def won't let me go into their birth centre (they have a new policy of no over-40s). So it's the regular hospital for us.BTW, when do BH contractions normally start for most people?
    that sucks... In my humble opinion, they should let the currently pregnant and booked in ladies stay with the birth centre and just refuse new pregnancies if that is there new policy. Still...you should be able to have a birth-centre style of birth in the hospital if that is what you want...shouldn't you?

As for BHs, with DD I didn't think that I had had them at all. Now that I recognise them, I'm certain I did have them, but just didn't realise. This time around I've been having them since around 20 weeks (I think) and lots of them throughout each day...many many more than last time (not sure if that's common in 2nd pregnancies). Do you think you are having them?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twocam my BH started at about 20 weeks I get them all day everyday sometimes painful sometimes little they are incredibly annoying!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MariaA For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ye I got BH from about 20 wks but only just realized a couple of wks ago what they really were.
    Did some Xmas shopping today & wanted to let everyone know Myer have 40% off Bonds baby wear. Got some awesome bargains of stuff I need to buy anyway. I thought girl cloths where sooo much cuter that boy but I totally wish I was having 1 of each as a could have brought sooo many cute boys cloths today

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LindsayWA For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (28-11-2013),Twocam  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    I am almost 33 weeks and today I went to my GP for a heartbeat check up and she thought she would mention that my 20 week scan was showing a baby with a thick neck above the "normal" range. The neck was measuring between 6.2 and 6.7mm. I got a little mad at her and couldn't understand why I am only now being told about it? I also was under the impression the down syndrome test is 13 weeks which I had and it was fine and beyond the 13 weeks the thickness was irrelevant and they couldn't test that way?
    Just wondering if any of you were willing to share your 20 week nuchal fold measurements? I think I might go for another scan just for peace of mind.
    Hope you are all traveling along well :-)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to meljc86 For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick question, what have you ladies done with your left of drugs from IVF. I have a lot of new unused ones I paid for & don't have the heart to throw away as I know there would be people out there who could use it. Is this ethical thought????