Closed Thread
Page 26 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh my! An EEK moment this morning....was at Baby Bunting. Got talking to the woman in line next to me...asked when she was due. She laughed and said she had her baby yesterday at 33wks! No prior warning or real problems beforehand either..... I'm really motivated to get that bag packed now

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twocam View Post
    Oh my! An EEK moment this morning....was at Baby Bunting. Got talking to the woman in line next to me...asked when she was due. She laughed and said she had her baby yesterday at 33wks! No prior warning or real problems beforehand either..... I'm really motivated to get that bag packed now
    Lol...Welcome to my world. I had the wind put up me weeks ago..lol
    Mind you keep thinking now she'll stay put until full term. And I shall be the most uncomfortable impatient woman in the world by then!

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've made the hospital pack list and have collected everything on it somewhere in the house, and DH has a copy...so I figure if baby does come before I get it all packed into a single bag, DH can at least take a shot at it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When you all talk about a hospital bag, is it just a small sort of overnight bag, or a suitcase? I'm just trying to imagine how I would fit everything in lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kd0085 View Post
    When you all talk about a hospital bag, is it just a small sort of overnight bag, or a suitcase? I'm just trying to imagine how I would fit everything in lol
    I often wonder this too! I tend to pack way too much even for just a couple of nights away, so I'll probably end up needing a bigger bag than most. I'd like to get onto packing my bag as it's something I can do now (unlike the nursery, *sigh*), but then it's kind of pointless as I can't really pack clothes or anything yet.. Maybe I can pack the baby's stuff, at least.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kd0085 View Post
    I have a large black zip bag that I used for sports. It's about 70cm long x 30cm wide x 30cm high.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still have bubs stuff to fill but the hospital said they provide nappies, wipes and singlets. Will probably take some of each myself.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 03-12-2013 at 06:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Until 30ish weeks it really just need a spare nightie and day bed wear with some travel cosmetics should you be unfortunate enough to have to go for a night or two.
    After that its just updating it to what now fits! Add some Maternity singlets, bras.... And home outfit for bub.

Depends on public/private too as to how long you stay .. vb or cs.

Don't stress ... phone cam is a wonderful thing while dh is sorting through your cupboard! !

My experience in public hospital is they supply more than you think! Its really just basics you need.

Lay it all out and put 2/3s back in the cupboard is my advise.

Parents and birth class was simply a un beneficial box ticked.
    No offense to anyone but at our age unless you've never read a book, googled, babysat niece, nephews or had lots to do with friends kids... what a bloody waste of time. It just re emphasised what ive readcduring my months of couch time and basic life experiences!!
    The breastfeeding class was good couple weeks ago.
    Shame I wanted to go to the more indepth birth class at the physio dept at the hospital but don't know now ...and don't think dh would be too keen now either

EDIT my bag is size of air carry on and bubs clothes wrap is in her stocked nappy bag which will stay in car during labor. ..dh can get later. No need to lug it all in.
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 26-11-2013 at 08:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning everyone, hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Wow can all you 30 weeker ladies start counting days yet? At what stage is that allowed
    I still can't believe some days that I am finally carrying a child that I will one day hold in my arms and call my own.
    Goodluck with all the class & bag packing a guess a bonus for being behind you all is that I will learn what to do and not to do before the BIG day.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LindsayWA For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

twocam - I know what you mean, two ladies at work have told me how their little one and their grand daughter came 4 weeks early!! I know that i still have time but AHHH!!! Especially the 33 weeks thing that is end of next week for me - SOOO NOT READY! haha. Packing that baby bag this weekend!

I am an overpacker! haha I have a country road overnight bag for little petri plus the baby bag, I have an overnight size bag for me and one for DH (in case he needs to freshen up). I figure though that DH will not be staying with me and will go home each evening so he can take home anything that is dirty and bring back anything that I need each day, we live 30 min drive from the hospital so I will ensure i bring what I will definately need for the labour and at least the first 36 hours after birth as DH wont be able to just race home easily.

Today ia m good, have the ligament pain back again - and a very busy little Petri rearranging his temporary home it feels like haha. Dr Appt went well they are not sure why the AFI dropped but are happy that it is back up again and seemed unconcerned. I am able to see the midwives again YAY though at the hospital not one of the offsite centres just in case. We will have another ultrasound at 34 weeks YAY - this will (fingers crossed) be the last ultrasound before we meet him so it is going to be special for us.

How is everyone going with christmas shopping and preparation? We are flat out with visitors atm which is lovely however we have had no time to shop or prepare - a little frustrating. I have said this weekend that we wont be seeing anyone so hoping to get a jump on it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (26-11-2013)