Closed Thread
Page 23 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chook11 View Post

Definitely plan to continue with this thread. Not sure if I yet feel comfortable in the outside "fertile" world. In the IVF threads everyone understands what we've been through to get here.

I sometimes get sore in the lower part of the uterus, and sometimes wake up in the middle of the night with it. It goes away after a while. Could this be what they call Braxton Hicks contractions?
    Hi chook

i know what you mean, there is safety in our little thread of fellow IVFers... No reason we can't keep our thread going for as long as we want

when you get the soreness in your uterus, does your whole belly get tight? If it does, then chances are its a BH... If the rest of your belly is still soft, then my best guess would be that its your bubba pushing out hard on the wall of your uterus... Whatever it is, it sounds uncomfortable! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    Sunshine and Maria - yep, I'm right there with you both! I am so uncomfortable at the moment...my belly is tight and sore, and the constant BHs range from uncomfortable to painful (and I don't care what they say, those suckers last a lot longer than a minute!), my back hurts, and my legs are swollen and aching...but worst of all is the overwhelming exhaustion throughout the day, and then the tossing and turning all night... I feel like I can't complain about any of this, because I have tried so hard to get to this point, and I am soooooo grateful to be pregnant! I love you little baby, but you are hard work at the moment!

Sunshine - how are you going? Is DH still home?
    Totally. The whole way its felt wrong to whinge. I guess you grin and bare what you can but this thread has really let me vent. So sorry lovelys and thankyou x
    Its nice to know im not the only one in the .... .. growing a baby is hard work club!

Yeah dh is home still. I went to the duck pond with him and four legged baby this morning. Was so nice to walk. But even taking it really slowly I was buggared. I've miss my daily pond walks.
    This Wednesday he would have flown in and been on home for couple off weeks and a couple weeks working from perth, so he's home for another month. Then A/L kicks off at xmas. So we're together until the end now. Makes me feel safer too with having no family here.
    I just did some vegie chopping and sat down. He's just baked a huge lasagne and vacuumed the floors. God love him!

We should catch up again.
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 18-11-2013 at 19:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all sorry about being MIA for so long. Looks like things have been busy on here.

Sunshinebell I am so happy to see you are doing ok. Look after yourself and that little bubba. Must have been such a scare I cannot even imagine.

Hello to everyone else, will have to catch up properly on the posts and everyone's happenings. I did see we have a new person hi rachael .

Finally things here are returning to normal for us after the bushfires, in my job I am crazy busy with many long hours and event management to help bush fire affected people. This has concerned DH as I am beginning to struggle and I am getting lots of ligament pain on the right side and numbness. Time to slow down at work I think.

Had an antenatal today which went pretty badly though. Was told the results from my 28 week scan show a decrease in amniotic fluid from 11.2 at 26 weeks to 8.5 at 28 weeks. Still within normal range but they are concerned with the large decrease. Long story short I have another ultrasound on Monday to measure the amniotic fluid levels again. I was however told that should it continue to drop they will deliver petri early as he will not be ok in there...oh and that it could be showing an issue with his development as he might not be digesting the fluid properly and expelling it. basically I walked out and burst into tears (so not me) ended up on the phone in tears to the mid wife at the hospital asking for an earlier ultrasound which I was told was unlikely. I was told not to worry..which of course is impossible. My sister (love her) got on the phone to my mother (love her too) who spoke to an obstetrician (friend) and a head midwife educator (friend) about what i was told and my results. They made me feel much better telling me that as Petri is growing well and moving well I have nothing to worry about and that at 28 weeks babies have a growth spurt which could be the cause they are confident I can wait till monday however, they said should the movements change I need to go I down immediately not to hesitate. They also were confused as to why i was told what I was and in the manner I was especially considering I am IVF as it would only lead to making me worry. I am feeling better yet still concerned. At least I am no longer panicking and feeling now like I can make it to monday.

Sorry this post was insanely long and possibly makes no sense - i am exhausted and have chosen not to read through this rambling post haha. This is what comes of not posting daily haha will be sure to make time each day from now on.

I hope everyone else's day went well.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Tommi ...what a terrible day, no wonder you are exhausted! Try to hold onto what your sister's friends have said, it sounds as though they know what they are talking about! I know it's impossible for us not to worry, so it seems stupid to tell you not to...hurry up Monday, may it bring you some much needed reassurance... Xx

sunshine - glad DH is looking after you, would love to catch up again...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Tommi I'm sorry that you were treated that way. Sometimes I think hospital staff get very blase about things because they deal with them everyday. They forget that for people like us this is a really, really big deal You are doing brilliant growing Petri and don't let anyone take that away from you. Pretty soon we will all be and how cool will that be?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (19-11-2013),Sunshinebell  (19-11-2013),Tommi  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Pilbara and Twocam.
    I agree that sometimes hospital staff as they are dealing with issues like this and much worse everyday and are not overly concerned don't realise that for us this is our everything right now and our only priority so telling me there may be an issue and that there is potential my child is not doing ok and I may have to have steroids in order to help develop his lungs so they can induce is going to terrify me. I understand they are just telling me what could happen giving me all the facts I just feel like you cannot say that and then leave me to wait 7 days to know if all is well. Feeling a little better today, still exhausted and worried though.

In other news we started antenatal class last week..it was ummm very detailed

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindsay sorry to hear about your bleeding. It definitely sounds like you need to slow down.
    Tommi, what a scare that must have been. It's really unfortunate that some doctors/nurses just aren't very considerate at all! It sounds very reassuring though what your mothers friends have said.
    Sorry I don't make my posts very personal sometimes. I try to go back
    Through but I'm always on my mobile and find it difficult to catch up sometimes.
    Hope everyone else is doing well.
    AFM 25 weeks today 😀 wish I could say my morning sickness had gone by this stage, but no luck 😞 Still I don't want to complain too much as I feel totally blessed to have made it this far!
    Have a great day/week everyone x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kd0085 For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have cried and panicked about that too Tommi. I hope you're feeling better about it now and that your next ultrasound goes better. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ We have our first antenatal class tonight! I remember when I booked it it was SO far away and I wasn't even sure that my pregnancy would make it that far... I'm only 25 weeks on Friday but because of Christmas and New Year I was strongly advised to get in beforehand, as by the time classes start up again in January the midwife said it might be leaving it a bit too late. So I'm expecting everyone in the class to be further along than me!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning lovelies! gosh I have missed out on a lot over the last week - I will start at the beginning and read my way through!

Hahaha Sunshine i couldn't help but have a little giggle, I can imagine you were a picture of loveliness with those stockings on lol And good on DH for being such a great nurse! We had friends staying with us on the weekend (also a RAAFie) and the 2 husbands are like 2 peas in a pod! They did live together for a while and everything they do is the same! And his wife and I are much the same as well (when it comes to housey things) so we have decided that we are going to get posted to the same location, get houses nextdoor to each other, the boys can live together and we ladies will live together as well lol (maybe we will pay them to come in and clean once a week lol)

Pilbara i couldn't feed laying down either, I am overly blessed (however they are like F cup pancakes though!!!!) and there is no way in hell i could figure out how to keep them in the one place without flapping around everywhere lol Poor bubs would have an oversized fried egg flapping on his little head The football hold does take a bit of practice, and i was never confident about doing it in public because I could only do it when half my top half was hanging out, so will be interesting to see what happens this time around!

Rachel I need to start packing my bag too! It is a dilemma! i think if you pack as much as you can, then maybe keep a list of things that need to go in (like toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo etc) that can be packed at the last minute, then you don't have to try and remember what you need if you have a list. But anything you forget, DH can always bring in the next day for you as well. I figure as long as you have maternity pads, breast pads, and some pj's you can get by until hubby can do a run. I bought new granny knickers for hospital, just cheapo ones from kmart because I had a c-section and needed ones that came up and over the scar (very attractive lol) and if they get a bit grotty of bloody you can chuck them out. You can always get a little travel toothbrush/toothpaste set from the supermarket which are small and you can just leave that in your bag as well.

Have just read sunshine's post and that's a great list! don't forget your phone charger as well.

Musical Gal i often get pain in my cervix! I didn't really notice it last pregnancy because I had placenta previa but this time whoa nelly it can be painful! I think its just their little limbs moving around and it can be really unpleasant. I am feeling lots of different sensations this time around because bubs is in a different position and placenta is in a different position but it can be weird! We jan girls will still be around in Feb/Mar to keep watch on what is happening! Otherwise, if anyone feels comfy, we can always start a secret FB group for just us (if anyone is on FB) and catch up there as well to keep track! I definitely want to still keep in touch, its good to have a group of ladies at the same stage as you are, that have been through what you have been through (ivf and newborn, because I found the stress of IVF and how special they are was even bigger once they were born)

Oh Lindsay how stressful. Its a shame they fobbed you off, whilst they may think its nothing, as the mother to be ANYTHING that seems out of the ordinary is a big deal! Definitely take it easy from now on. If ever there is a good reason to slow down, its your precious little tummy cargo! At our last appointment our OB's midwife was saying no vaccuming, no washing no stretching etc..whether that was just for hubby's benefit or not I am not sure ;-), but she seemed serious! And make sure you take lots of breaks if you do NEED to do something. Its only for such a short time and its so important that you get the rest you need. Growing another human is bloody hard work!

Hope you are feeling a bit better now sunshine - it certainly does take a toll on your body! It definitely is worth it, but its very very uncomfortable! Need one of those Smokey Dawson Lift Chairs to help us all get up lol I tend to roll out of bed now, very classy lol

Hi Tommi! WOW sounds like you are burning the candle at both ends lovely! Really undiplomatic way of speaking to you as well, thanks hospital! How stressful! So glad you have health professionals in your circle to give you a bit of clarity! Sometimes Dr's really don't think much about the patient and speak very matter of factly, far too matter of factly for my liking! I am sure Petri will be fine, just keep talking to him and giving him cuddles and tell him to stay put!!

KD I am the same - looking on the phone is too difficult because you can't follow posts and check back to respond, hence my weekly check ins hahahaha!

AFM..still just ticking along! 31 weeks yesterday and we had such a busy weekend, I am exhausted! DH turned 40 yesterday, and we had a party for him on Saturday and friends of our (2 adults and 3 kids) stayed with us from Wagga Wagga all weekend! Thankfully they are the best houseguests ever, and even cooked dinner and dessert for us on Friday night! So they aren't hard work, its just eggs-horse-ting!! They left on Sunday morning and when DS went down for a sleep...so did mummy!!!! 3 hours of snoozing - bliss! Am really starting to feel the burn at the moment, I don't last too long on my feet and walking too much gets really uncomfortable. I am not one for walking slowly so I instintively try and rush around doesn't work too well! But loving it though. I have been very blessed to have a problem free pregnancy and have felt quite good through it, other than being tired, so I am thinking well having 9 weeks to go, its kinda natural that things will get harder lol OB appt on Friday then we are onto 2 weekly appointments - eek! Might even have to start discussing delivery dates!!!! So really, i could only have 8 weeks to go..maybe even 7....double eeeekkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!! Can't wait to meet this little guy! I am really uncomfortable today though, have been getting quite a few BH's and the other night I swear he was having a zumba class in my tummy! It was so painful, I think he was turning around! DH couldn't believe it! Will need to start packing my bag soon, and even do a few loads of washing.

As a second time mum its still as nerve wracking and exciting and heady as the first - how are the other second time mums feeling? And our first time mums? Are you terrified/excited/scared/open minded?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gilliebean1 For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (21-11-2013),Tommi  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tommi you really have had the ringer haven't you. I totally agree with everyone with regard to the hospital staff insensitivity, from my experience to. But I have to say my GP is amazing. I got a random phone call from her yesterday asking me how I was going and I told her all about my terrible weekend & she has got me in for a private ultrasound to day for my piece of mind as she knows everything DH and I have been through to get pregnant. So as a suggestion if u can't wait till Monday go to a GP and get one done locally, for your piece of mind. If u lived in perth id give u mine as a I know a happy unstressed mum will make for a happy baby boy. Drink lots of water I hear that also helps with increasing amino. Just a suggestion.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LindsayWA For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (19-11-2013)