Closed Thread
Page 22 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunshine bell it's not only u and it's not ur age I'm 30 and suffering with SPD and SIJ pain and all the rest of it I think so people just have more of the yuk than the good oh and don't forget the very uncomfortable rather painful and regular Braxton hicks thrown in to give u a scare and something else to worry about ha ha ahhhh the joys of pregnancy can't wait till it's all over and I get to meet my little man!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MariaA For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (17-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MariaA View Post
    I'm 30 and suffering with SPD and SIJ pain
    don't forget the very uncomfortable rather painful and regular Braxton hicks thrown in to give u a scare and something else to worry about ha ha ahhhh
    Whats SPD and SIJ???
    Oh yeah whoever said bh aren't painful lied!
    And its been a while. Lovely to hear from you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well sorry ladies it has been a long time between posts for me so thought I should update everyone. It seems we are team blue as we'll.... Now the struggle to pick a name as we have had a girls name picked out for years but never agreed on a boys name.

I am 22 weeks today and it is all getting real. I finished my last shift on road on Saturday morning and I start light duties tomorrow.. That means Monday to Friday and every weekend off not sure how DH will cope with this as for the last 12 years my roster has been one weekend off a month. I am looking forward to it as this also means no more Oncall and I get to spend every night in my own bed not having to worry about the phone ringing.

We have the cot change table pram and car seat all ready to go in the nursery. Still need to get a bouncer thing (my SIL said it was the only way she could have a shower in peace) and a feeding chair. Like everyone else still deciding where to put it. DH wants it in the nursery but I want it in the lounge room as I will get bored spending all day in there.

The fatigue fairy is still giving me a beating however I am hoping the lack of shift work and the more regular sleeping patterns (insomnia aside) should help with that.

Sunshine I am very pleased with your idea of continuing this thread. As one of the last ones due here I was starting to wonder what I was going to do. Although I am not an active poster I read the blogs everyday and have found that they have help me greatly deal with a lot of my issues...

Spike (after the vampire as he has been sucking the life out of me since day one) is starting to move around a bit. DH hasn't been able to feel him yet. Not much else to report on sorry

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jedihouse For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (18-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha sunshine sorry SPD is symphysis pubis dysfunction and SIJ is sacro illiam joint pain so back pain. BH are horrible and everyday can't escape them. Nice
    To speak to u aswell I've been lurking around keeping up with everyone's news

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MariaA For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (18-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunshine & MariaA - ouch you guys sound like you are copping a beating. I know I have been very, very lucky. Not only didn't I get any morning sickness but I've actually felt brilliant most of the way through. The insomnia is a pain but since I'm a shiftworker (and on nightshift for the next 2 nights) it comes in handy sometimes .

Pilbara interesting about the hospital temps. I always think our hospy is rather warm (even for me - I'm one of those people that rugs up until the temps reach the 30s), but maybe by January the aircon will be turned on, I'll have to ask about that

Jedi Sorry the fatigue fairy is still giving you a battering but good on you for being so organised

AFM I've hit one of those growth spurts. Tummy is getting really hard and oddly shaped with all the alien-like movements. Even my teenage daughter has mentioned several times this week that it's growing at a rate of knots. Still able to do my long walks but doing up the shoelaces is going to be difficult once I get bigger... Going to take myself off for a pedicure on payday as I can no longer bend over for long periods of time to make my grisly feet more human

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning girls ... Sorry I've been slack with the posting but have been following your news when I get a minute to sit and read them.

32 weeks today! Going to get my hospital bag sorted - well as best I can. Will have a big written list of the extra stuff that will need to be thrown in at the last minute!
    Mum and dad just had a few days here and it was so lovely. Ma bought me some new jammies for hospital so they can go in now that are washed and ready!

I'm always extra cold in air con so will have a few extra long sleeve onsie suits for bub in hospital - lucky my first little man was a winter bub.

I love my feeding chair - it's in the nursery and I found I could just sit and relax there without the distractions - I'd i did need something it was easy to read my book or play on the phone. We've been taking monthly shots of our son on the chair and have a really nice collection of growth photos for his special book.

Have a super week ladies xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all,
    Well that was the worse weekend ever. I am fine now no more bleeding but after much discussion with DH I believe it's a sign that I need to take it easy. Mowing the lawn, cleaning walls, cleaning floors & generally running around all day is not something I can obviously keep doing. The bleeding was scary but she is moving around fine & everything is going to be ok (I hope). I hired a Doppler for piece of mind to as this whole experience was mind blowing so at $35 a month it's nothing.

Sunshine I really admire you for being soooo strong through your bleeds I really don't know how you kept so calm. You beautiful girl is going to be a testament to you bravery.

Jedi I'm 23 weeks so we are pretty close, and I defiantly agree we keep going with our chats as I feel we have all travelled a journey together.

Hope everyone has a great week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayWA View Post
    I believe it's a sign that I need to take it easy. Mowing the lawn, cleaning walls, cleaning floors & generally running around

Sunshine I really admire you for being soooo strong through your bleeds I really don't know how you kept so calm. You beautiful girl is going to be a testament to you bravery.
    You just need to not overdo it. Has your ob talked to you about any restrictions, or whats considered strenuous? Even stuff that isn't strenuous is an effort and exhausting (& often painful) for me now!

Every day and every week that you know your bubba is inside you growing stronger will bring you relief and confidence. I definately lost my confidence for a couple weeks after the first one. Its scary. And we so much to loose. Just try relax and most importantly don't feel guilty about stopping doing things that might be to strenuous. ... jobs can wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunshine and Maria - yep, I'm right there with you both! I am so uncomfortable at the moment...my belly is tight and sore, and the constant BHs range from uncomfortable to painful (and I don't care what they say, those suckers last a lot longer than a minute!), my back hurts, and my legs are swollen and aching...but worst of all is the overwhelming exhaustion throughout the day, and then the tossing and turning all night... I feel like I can't complain about any of this, because I have tried so hard to get to this point, and I am soooooo grateful to be pregnant! I love you little baby, but you are hard work at the moment!

Jedihouse - glad you are cutting down your work hours and duties, you are a superstar to have made it this far with that work schedule! ...and your SIL is right about the bouncer, it's the ONLY way to get a shower (or go to the toilet)...I just used to bring DD into the bathroom in her bouncer, and she was (usually) happy if she could still see me . I've still got DDs bouncer, but this time I've bought a swing as well...

twocam - it's weird not being able to get to your feet isn't it? I got DH to do my toenails a few weeks ago, but a propper pedicure sounds like heaven...enjoy! How does your teenager feel about having a baby bro?

bunnikins - new pjs sound nice, I really need to get organised! Great idea about photos in the feeding chair! ...I may steal that one

lindsay- glad there's been no more bleeding ...no more mowing the lawn for you my friend!

Sunshine - how are you going? Is DH still home?

Tommi - everything ok?

everyone else -

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunshinebell, MariaA, Pilbara - Sorry about you guys having a rough time. Don't worry these aches and pains will be over soon, and will be well worth it.

Lindsay - Great that the bleeding has stopped.

Got a few more things for the hospital bag yesterday - a bag a nappies, some pawpaw cream and some nipple cream.

Definitely plan to continue with this thread. Not sure if I yet feel comfortable in the outside "fertile" world. In the IVF threads everyone understands what we've been through to get here.

I sometimes get sore in the lower part of the uterus, and sometimes wake up in the middle of the night with it. It goes away after a while. Could this be what they call Braxton Hicks contractions?

G'day to everyone else.