Closed Thread
Page 20 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies taking this all on board. Started to fill my bag today.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 03-12-2013 at 06:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael3 View Post
    Thanks ladies taking this all on board. Started to fill my bag today.

Thanks Pilbaba. Yes heard about being sore down there.Need to decide if the glider should stay upstairs in bubs room (specially for night time feeds) or downstairs in front of the tele where I think I will feed during the day.
    Id vote for downstairs...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael3 View Post
    Need to decide if the glider should stay upstairs in bubs room (specially for night time feeds) or downstairs in front of the tele where I think I will feed during the day.
    I'll be keeping ours in the nursery, but putting my small telly and DVD player on top of bub's chest of drawers so I can watch DVDs while I feed. I don't want to feed in the lounge room as I don't want the cats jumping up while I'm trying to feed him, and I want the feeding chair to be kept nice and clean and not covered with fur and/or claw marks, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow sunshinebell, that's a helluva list! Thanx. .. there's stuff I never even thought of! I've written it all down in my diary.

I was given an old rocking chair with cushions. It's been handed down thru families over the years so I'll need to give it back, but thought I'd give it a go in bubbas room. I'll be using the couch too, but don't want to give mixed signals on sleeping room and being awake in the middle of the night. ...but I'm sure that'll come later, newborns don't care about tv stimulation!

In the past few weeks I've had horrendously sore hips while sleeping at night. Thumping sore, wakes me up. I've got a body pillow and have found when I DON'T use it, they're better. Weird. Anyone else?

Also had what I can only describe as a 'burning sensation' in my cervix one night. I thought Oh no it's too early for labour, but thankfully it went away the next day so maybe Bub was standing on it or something. I'm used to the stretching and pulling feelings, but this was different. Anyone else?

Other than that, ticking along well. 24 weeks now and super excited to have reached that milestone. Doing preggers yoga, aqua aerobics and daily walks. loving it. Getting some stuff, got the cot, change table and plenty of hand me downs like rockers and a bassinet (for the early days). Next stop is pram research. My fave so far is the baby jogger city. I see Miranda Kerr has one so not sure on price? !?! However I want to get back into running after Bub.

I'm gonna miss all you ladies when u have ur bubba in Jan. What will us Feb/Mar girls do ??? I think there's only about 2 of us.

Keep cooking everyone! ! Xx

MusicalGal
    Last edited by MusicalGal; 15-11-2013 at 07:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kd - A friend is going to loan me a really comfortable rocking chair, which I reckon will go in the lounge room. Then I can listen to music or watch TV while feeding.

Rachel - welcome! The more the merrier!

Sariele - Welcome back!

Musicalgal - I also want to get back to running after the birth

Busy at work at the moment getting a few things done, but after this everything should settle down for the year.

Baby wriggles around and kicks a lot these days.

It is getting very exciting here, with many due dates getting close now.

I am up nearly 20kg on my pre-stims weight.

Constipation - To stop constipation I've been taking a psylium husk. You can get at health shops, but I also saw a small bag at Coles. I take a tablespoon mixed in water, but you have to drink it quick before it becomes a disgusting mush.

Packing - I have a large black zip bag that I have used for sports and travel. My hospital has a list of things to bring, so I've been packing those. So far have my toiletries and undies, thongs for the shower, breast pads, maternity pads, baby wipes, a few baby singlets, baby outfits, socks, blankets and a beanie. Still have to add a packet of disposable nappies. The camera and my phone charger are in a side pocket of the bag, with the camera still plugged in for now. My toiletries were already packed from the Singapore trip so I already had a small version of my shampoo, contact lens stuff, toothpaste, etc. Added a packet of hair ties since I know my hair will drive me crazy if hair tie is lost/breaks. After doing my washing this weekend might lay my bras and clothes on top of the bag. Then they are ready to shove in the bag at the last minute, but accessible for wearing in the meantime.

Heartburn - grrrr, this seems to hit me in the afternoon/evening.

best wishes to all,
    Chook

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalGal View Post
    I'm gonna miss all you ladies when u have ur bubba in Jan. What will us Feb/Mar girls do ??? I think there's only about 2 of us.

MusicalGal
    We will just continue to bore you with stories of our bubs once they are in the outside world

...I for one will be checking in on you guys constantly wanting updates about possible signs of labour in you all, all the while complaining about how sore my nipples are and telling you that my baby is the most beautiful/cleverest/most advanced baby there ever was in the entire world

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

gilliebean1  (19-11-2013),MusicalGal  (16-11-2013),Sunshinebell  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalGal View Post
    Wow sunshinebell, that's a helluva list! Thanx. .. there's stuff I never even thought of! I've written it all down in my diary.

MusicalGal
    Do you think its too much stuff? I thought id done well!. Some dh's were lugging suitcases in!!

I will join other newborn chats threads for advice. But how does everyone feel as bout us just continuing on our journey's together on this thread. I see the group 12mths as head of us stayed on theres.
    Like Pilbara I want to hear all our last trimesters, births and new motherhood experiences.
    So as long as you lovelys are happy to hear our next stage whinges

Breastfeeding class was great. Got some good take outs. Can't remember name will post it later but will no longer be using Google the pawpaw ointment on my nipples this close to the end.
    About to head in with hd for follow up scan and dr appt. Almost can't wait to see whats going on in there now.

Chook you're all over it too!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshinebell For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well just had my first hospital visit. Woke up this morning went to the toilet & had a little bleed. I called the hospital & I went in & they heard the heart beat with the Doppler then sent me home & said monitor the bleeding & call back if it gets worse I kind of feel a bit fobbed off. No investigation as to what is causing it. Sunshine what was your protocol when you had your bleed at 23 weeks (think I remember yours being the?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well just had my first hospital visit. Woke up this morning went to the toilet & had a little bleed. I called the hospital & I went in & they heard the heart beat with the Doppler then sent me home & said monitor the bleeding & call back if it gets worse I kind of feel a bit fobbed off. No investigation as to what is causing it. Sunshine what was your protocol when you had your bleed at 23 weeks (think I remember yours being the?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayWA View Post
    Oh Lindsay Did you call Dr Turner's rooms? ...if it were me, I'd call and ask to speak to the nurse, see what she says...?