Closed Thread
Page 18 of 98 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Rachael, I didn't know ur history so I "checked" u out & I just want to say a HUGE congrats at getting this far. You really have had such a bad run but u will get to hold ur lil girl in ur arms very soon. It really hits home sometimes that what u think is ur BIG struggle is nothing compared to other peoples. All the best with the baby prep I defiantly understand as to why u waited to get everything sorted. The shopping is the really awesome bit I'm sure all us women LOVE.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Rachel
    I know January's going to bring us all the happiness and love we've waited a long time for xxx
    Lovely for you to join us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Rachael, I'm so happy to see you in here. Congrats on your little girl! I know what you mean about not wanting to "get ahead of yourself" buying furniture and such, but unfortunately needs must with some of the stupid waiting periods they have for orders!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup, so I'm back from our cruise! We got home yesterday afternoon. It was a wonderful trip, but DH was back at work today and I was back to doing my thing (which is not much, lol), and we both agreed tonight that it feels like we haven't been away at all. I suffered constipation nearly the whole time we were away, and was chugging Movicol for four days before I got any sort of relief. Then as soon as I stopped taking it, the constipation was back again in a day or so. I used a Microlax enema this morning which helped a tiny bit, but it's back on the Movicol for me. *sigh* Hopefully also being back on my normal diet, fluid intake and exercise will help a lot too. Aside from that, Squiggles has been extremely active the whole time we were away, which was so incredibly comforting! I don't think he liked the movement of the ship on the rougher nights though, as when there was lots of rocking and jiggling, he would go crazy ALL NIGHT and keep me awake! Been worrying a little bit about my heart rate.. it seems to increase a bit from the most minor stimulation, like after eating a full meal, or pushing a light trolley around at Woolies. But then my resting heart rate seems to be normal most of the time, so who knows. I have an ob appt in just over a week, so I might ask him about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachel welcome
    Pottery barn? I've never heard of that shop before. I will definitely have a look online.
    Welcome back Sariele. The constipation issue has haunted me this whole pregnancy. As soon as I stop foe movicol I'm back to not going at all! So it's movicol until the end I think.....
    I'm thinking I might not worry about the feeding chair until bub is born. Might see if I can get away with not using one. It's just an extra expense at the moment
    Have a good day everyone x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gillie… welcome to 30 weeks, isn’t it shocking, it feels so close now DH was a miserable failure at shopping. He forgot the music/nursery rhymes and bought 2 alphabet books and an alphabet poster… no story books, nothing. Sigh.

Sunshine… oh surgical stockings – the height of fashion, especially as it gets warmer

Rachael3… Welcome You sound very organised I’m so slack, athough yesterday I did unpack daughter’s school camp stuff from the bag that I want to use for the hospital…

Sariele… the cruise sounds fab, the constipation not so . I take natural fibre every day or two – 2 teaspoons of psyllium husks in a big glass of water – so I’m lucky to have escaped any problems. Hope you can settle back into “real life” sans cruise staff without too much trouble.

AFM now 30+5. We had our latest midwife appointment plus hospital tour yesterday. DH was very keen to inspect the hospital room (they are brand new, the wing only opened a few weeks ago). We were directed into a birthing room that had “just been cleaned” only to find a huge smear of blood on the floor. Poor DH went as white as…....now I'm worried about him coping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhh Twocam i can't wait to do our hospital tour! We are going to the same hospital but they have also opened a new maternity wing so its all different to the last time we were there. Even though I won't need to know about the birthing suites, I still want to have a sticky beak and see what its all about lol What's with DH's and shopping? You could write them the most detailed shopping list and they still wouldn't get it right

Hi Rachel, and welcome! It looks like you have had a very sad and traumatic run to get here, so totally understand your hesitation at getting excited. I certainly hope that its all smooth sailing for you till delivery day - you certainly deserve it x

Welcome back Sariele! glad you had a great time on your holiday, it always sucks that it doesn't take too long to feel like you haven't been away at all. Hopefully the constipation settles down for you now that you are back home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    #January#
    10th - Sunshinebell (girl) 5 day hatch trns ICSI
    13th - bunnikins (boy) 5 day trns
    17th - Twocam (boy) 5day trns
    18th - Rachael3 (girl)
    19th - Meljc86 (surprise)
    20th - Gilliebean (boy) – 6 Day Transfer ICSI
    21st - chook11 (surprise) 3 day picsi
    22nd - QI2013
    24th - Tommi (boy) – 5 Day Transfer
    24th - CDNinOZ
    31st - Pilbara (boy) (5 day frozen transfer ICSI)

#February#

20th - cheekynumum (girl) 5 day trns
    26th - MariaA (boy) – 5 Day Transfer ICSI
    Littlesunflower?

#March#

2nd - Hoots (boy)
    4th - KD0085 (Boy) – 3 Day Transfer ICSI
    5th – LissyP (Boy)
    7th- Musical Gal (Boy) – 5 Day Transfer ICSI
    7th- Sariele (Boy) – 5 Day Transfer ICSI
    14th - GDYB03 – 3 Day Transfer ICSI
    17th - LindsayWA (Girl) – 5 Day Transfer
    23rd - Jedihouse

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll be back to do personals, just wanted o add rachael3 to the roll call (hope I found the latest version), and say "welcome"

xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    Sariele and twocam im lovin the chsnge of season fruit. The last 2months a hand full of green grapes a day .... works wonders!
    I buy a small fresh bunch every few days.

Very exciting we've got a few over the 30weeks now. And hospital tours and parent & birth classes underway.

Im off to breastfeeding class tomorrow.

Dh is a great nurse. Very protective and bossy. Now Gillie those domesticated skills are a blessing! ! Ive been eith legs up on the sofa or bed with table service. Today i look quite the picture ...a georgous flowy summer dress on accompanied by my smashing white circulation stockings!

I was allowed out for lunch today!!...Dh took me to my favorite restaurant and I ate like a crazy pregnsnt woman with no fear of heartburn. The heartburn followed shortly after but well worth it. (&I did remove the stocking before departing the house!)