Closed Thread
Page 17 of 98 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah sunshine I'm soooo glad everything is good. What a relief she is staying put for at least a little while longer & the longer the better. At least DH is home & can help u

Pilbara that's great about your glucose.

Got my cot & changetable today from the store it came a lot earlier than we where expecting but at least it's here. Take care all hope everyone is running along smoothly.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LindsayWA For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (11-11-2013),Sunshinebell  (11-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sunshine - enjoy the "baby cooking" rest and make sure DH pampers you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (11-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pilbara good news on the GD results. I'm amazed that I continue to balloon despite having had no appetite for weeks. I eat fist-sized meals, no snacks except the occasional piece of fruit and nothing sugary except the occasional ice-block (I've been craving ice). I reckon I'd be somewhere between 15-20kg up at this point.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (11-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pilbara that's great news about your results!
    Sunshine I bet you're glad to be going home? Rest up xx
    AFM we started the nursery this weekend. It's all very exciting and starting to feel very real. We have gone with a Chevron and elephant theme. So I've ordered some Chevron bedding and we are doing a Chevron feature wall. Started painting the walls on the weekend in a light grey, but not 100% happy with colour so back to Bunnings we go. Hope it turns out as nice as I imagine.
    What is everyone's thoughts on a feeding chair for the nursery? The problem we have is the nursery is down stairs and we are up stairs which would mean going downstairs to feed, which I just don't think will happen....
    Hope everyone's Monday wasn't too bad

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kd0085 For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (11-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kd0085 View Post
    What is everyone's thoughts on a feeding chair for the nursery? The problem we have is the nursery is down stairs and we are up stairs which would mean going downstairs to feed, which I just don't think will happen....
    Your nursery sounds lovely As for the feeding chair, I would personally put it in the living area/lounge room (if you can), at least for a start... When you first bring your bubba home, you will be spending A LOT of time in it, and you don't want to be shut off by yourself (or without a telly)...or at least, I wouldn't want to be... After a while, feeding will become quicker and more comfortable, and it will matter less which chair you sit in (or it did for me), so then you could move it to wherever you plan to night time feed, and just plop down on the couch or wherever is convenient the rest of the time... That's my two cents, what does everyone else plan to do?

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    what does everyone else plan to do?
    I'm hoping to be able to feed lying down at night/naptimes, and then sit in an armchair in the lounge room at other times. There's not much distance to walk between the two rooms if I find a chair works better, though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to littlesunflowers For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Howdy doody everyone!

Pilbara glad to hear you are GD free! Nothing wrong with a healthy big bubba, they are awesome to cuddle

Twocam what did DH end up buying??

Ohhhh my hubby is under strict instructions to bring me two harry's cafe de wheels hotdogs with mushy peas, cheese sauce and chilli sauce lol. I HATE processed meats but i love these hotdogs (for those not from Sydney Harry's is a bit of an icon here and do great pies and hotdogs) so that will be his job!! Last time it was 2 caramel sundaes from Maccas lol Might have to add soft cheese to the list as well! Haven't been missing wine really, only occasionally, but the soft cheese is a killer!

HOly crap Sunshine!!!!! How frightening! How on earth did you stay so calm? What an amazing friend you have! You are in the best possible place, if your princess needs to come early it sounds like you have the best medical team in place ready for her.

KD I think a feeding chair is a good idea, but agree with Pilbara I would put it somewhere that had a tele, or a power point for your phone/ipad if you have one because those early morning feeds can be very lonely lol I remember the only decent thing on tele in those wee hours with my DS was AFL reruns lol Boring as, but at least it was some background noise. i never had it blaring or with the main lights on, I would just put a table lamp on with the tele on and it kept me sane. We didn't have a feeding chair the first time around because we have a fold out sofa bed/lounge in the nursery so I would sit in there or downstairs, DH was keen to get one this time if we were able to move the sofa into the other room which is our DS1's big boy room, but that won't fit so its staying where it is. Will reconsider the purchase once bub comes i think. I could only feet football hold last time because my boozies are like pancakes, so I am going to try feeding the normal way this time, otherwise it will be football hold again and I need a bit more space around me to get myself coordinated lol

AFM, I only have 11 days of work left!!!! Ok so I only work 2 days a week, but still, it sounds cool. Although I am not as excited about maternity leave this time around because I still have a 3 year old to entertain and the majority of my leave is over christmas, so it will be busy busy busy anyway. I will actually miss my 2 days at work lol I am starting to get really excited now! Hit the 30wk mark yesterday and now its hit me we are on the downhill run!!! I think its going to go really quick because we have a really busy couple of months ahead

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gilliebean1 For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (12-11-2013),Sunshinebell  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He
    I wish I had space for a nursing chair in the lounge too as I don't want to feel isolated in the nursery.
    Im decided to wait see how I go on the lounge and if its un comfy and Im struggling and need better support as a learner we can buy one if and when needed.
    But they are so damn comfy to test drive if I had space I'd have it already! Imagine the arvo kips then

Ps. Hospital had me in those circulation stocking and have a asked me to keep wearing them .... sexy. Dh has s to put them on as I cant maneuver them on without straining. he's being so

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, thought it was time to add myself to the list. I am 30w + 3d due Jan (can someone add me to the list?). I have been reading your posts from the beginning. Congratulations to everyone here! Hi Sariele

Just to even the gender split, we are TEAM PINK

Started buying nursery items although quite nervous and if I had a choice I would prefer to wait till the very end but then nothing would be available.

That's really all from me.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 03-12-2013 at 06:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Rachael3; 03-12-2013 at 06:16.