Closed Thread
Page 15 of 98 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    DH is under strict instructions to bring me a boat-load of smoked salmon after our bub is born ...I also seem to be accumulating bottles of wine and bubbly that I am "saving" until after the birth. I have really been craving a glass of wine this pregnancy, which is a little odd since I didn't drink while pregnant with DD, breast feeding, or TTC this one, which basically means (apart from maybe 3 exceptions), I haven't had a drink since our honeymoon in 2008!
    Oh yeah I think about wine ALL the time!!

And dh is doing me cooked garlic prawns and fresh cooked crays for xmas day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinebell View Post
    Oh yeah I think about wine ALL the time!!

And dh is doing me cooked garlic prawns and fresh cooked crays for xmas day
    Mmmm... Sounds yummy

...I am in Margaret River at the moment...surrounded by wine... Luckily DH is not a drinker, otherwise I might have to kill him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    DH is under strict instructions to bring me a boat-load of smoked salmon after our bub is born
    If you're at a nice restaurant down there indulge.... salmon is on the good seafood list as long as its cooked. Isn't it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinebell View Post
    If you're at a nice restaurant down there indulge.... salmon is on the good seafood list as long as its cooked. Isn't it
    Yep, we can have cooked salmon (I've cooked some at home, and I've had some canned salmon on salads for lunch), but what I really feel like is the raw smoked salmon which is a big no-no unfortunately...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mmmm wine!! Yes I miss a LARGE cold glass. Went to a French restaurant yesterday for our anniversary dinner and all I wanted was pate. Was even thinking of just making some myself. If I make it fresh that should be ok right?

Have a good time in margs Pilbara beautiful weather for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayWA View Post
    Mmmm wine!! Yes I miss a LARGE cold glass. Went to a French restaurant yesterday for our anniversary dinner and all I wanted was pate. Was even thinking of just making some myself. If I make it fresh that should be ok right?

Have a good time in margs Pilbara beautiful weather for it.

Thanks! We are having a lovely time... Home tomorrow sadly...

Re the pâté, is it cooked? ...I've never made it (obviously), but if its cooked, and you refrigerate it straight away, and then eat it within 24 hours, I would think that's fine...??? Happy anniversary!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovelys

Well if you didn't adhere to my week 23 warning here's my week 31 warning....
    Have your 'just in case' hospital bag packed.

This arvo I had a mass hemorrhage when home alone. Sto Id up and bang.. out of no where no pain nothing flood gates.
    Blood all through my house and a towel saturated before my friend who was 2mins away arrived.
    On the amount of blood lost. She called the ambulance. And thank goodness.
    With my blood pressure dropped snd the volume of blood I came down the freeway in peak hour with lights and sirens blazing. The ambo discussed it with mecand said you seem pretty calm we need to get you in are you going to stay calm if we put the sirens on. And it was the quickest trip down the freeway ive ever had.

Baby has remained very active with good heart rate, strong movements a b d she seems totally unfazed by the whole thing. I have now stopped bleeding and been able good to shower. And have been given steriods to help babys lungs quickly develop. We are now doing the wait and see but I am in the best place kemh.

Dh's work had him in a car within minutes of ringing and drove him 2hrs to get on a flight. He just left the hospital. So relieved he's home.

Scared the shi# out of me today guys. Made my last bleed look and feel like nothing. Strangely i had a external ultrasound here at KEMH this morning at 10am and all was fine.

I will never be able to thank my friend enough.
    As she sent me off in the ambulance to follow shortly after, she locked up my house, fed my dog, put in the wash machine the towel and two blankets along with cleaning and mopping my floors .... all because she did not want dh to come home to a crime scene. All while she had her granddaughter in her arms waiting for her daughter to come meet her. Stayed calm abd positive and had pkenty of laughs with me tonight. Shes stayed with me from 3:30to 10pm and wouldn't leave hospital until dh arrived. she called is the most beautiful friend ever.

Stay safe lovelys. Take it easy enjoy uour weekend. .... and just put a little something in a bag! It does pay to be organized.
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 09-11-2013 at 01:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness Sunshinebell! I just had goosebumps reading your post. You are one brave lady. I'm so glad that your little one is doing ok. Have they given you any idea as to why this has happened? Thank god you have such an amazing friend! Keep us posted xxxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kd0085 For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (09-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunshine what a shock, but what an amazing friend you have. And DH's employer sound brilliant too I'm guessing with the steroid treatment they're anticipating bub will be here sooner rather than later? Are you in hospital for the duration? Hoping for the best for you all xxx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (09-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LoThanks kd and twocam.
    Yes they said today they thought she was on her way last night and could happen any time.
    Tightenings have maintained all day, but just suttle. Not getting worse. And not that bad. (An old endo girl so im used to being buckled over and can't walk but still going to work or curled up with a hot water bottle a few days a month! )

Am here until atleast Wednesday (wad a little worried when they said we'll see could be a few weeks) they are in the process of arranging me a infusion to boost iron and therefore hemoglobin in the next 2 days.

They are anticipating an even larger haemorrhage to come which stats show normally happen after such a large bleed. It was the side of the placenta and they say im lucky I bled out and not under the placenta which can lead to placenta abruption.

I was told today to not be surprised if she here sooner than later.
    Now im thinking ... thank goodness im bloomin organized!!
    I just keep rubbing and talking to her. I cannot believe my little girl may not be far away.
    But she may well just bake away in there too.

I rang my mum (nanny) today and tried to break the news of the events as softly as possible. They'll be dying to get in that motorhome and across the Nullaboor now.

&DH won't be going back to work this swing. And starting after this swing he was based at home for a month and the leave. So im just so relieved to have him with me.

Again to date nothing but praise for both drs . And midwifes. All have been wonderful.

It made me feel at ease to when todays dr said we've read your file. You've waited a long time. We'll do everything to monitor and get her here safely. Its nice when you don't have to say anything and they get the whole long term ivf thing too and are upfront about understanding and compassionate

While on bed rest I expect lots of posts about anything guys ... keep me sane and amused with your going ons!

Edit: & on the up side ... leadt my knees and ankles can rest.
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 09-11-2013 at 18:47.