Closed Thread
Page 14 of 98 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all glad to hear everyone is tracking along nicely.

How is ur house Tommi? Have been thinking about the massive clean up that must be going on...

Sunshine you are super organized I hadn't even thought about presents. We are going to frasers in kings park for lunch Xmas day as I can't be bothered cooking as I'm normally the one stuck in the kitchen while everyone lays around the pool. That is not happening this year I want to be waited on

Went to the pub & got dressed up for melbourne cup today it felt really good getting out & dressed up, but must say I do miss the champaign thought. It's gonna be a busy week as it's my anniversary on thur & I'm brideslave on sat hope it's not to hot.

Hope all those lil ones are behaving can't wait to see all the newbie photos...soon we can all do a week then day count down!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all glad to hear everyone is tracking along nicely.

How is ur house Tommi? Have been thinking about the massive clean up that must be going on...

Sunshine you are super organized I hadn't even thought about presents. We are going to frasers in kings park for lunch Xmas day as I can't be bothered cooking as I'm normally the one stuck in the kitchen while everyone lays around the pool. That is not happening this year I want to be waited on

Went to the pub & got dressed up for melbourne cup today it felt really good getting out & dressed up, but must say I do miss the champaign thought. It's gonna be a busy week as it's my anniversary on thur & I'm brideslave on sat hope it's not to hot.

Hope all those lil ones are behaving can't wait to see all the newbie photos...soon we can all do a week then day count down!!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LindsayWA For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey ladies! Gosh this thread moves fast. I wonder if it will slow down as our bodies slow down too I'm having trouble responding to threads as my home computer hates Bubhub so this is just a short one. I put in my Mat Leave application today and will finish at 36 weeks, a few days before Xmas. I'm also getting organised with Xmas shopping. Am also waiting for my tax refund as I'm going to shout myself to one of the new iPads ("for entertainment while I'm in the hospital" I keep telling everyone ). 73 days left until my due date

Thanks
    Reviews
    hahaha Twocam I like your way of thinking lol You will definitely have deserved one, and you will need something to keep you occupied during those early morning feeds - anything can be justified lol wow 73 working days left, doesn't really seem that long does it? Can't believe in a few short months we will all be holding our little bundles!

I was a loser yesterday in the cup lol But that's ok, im not really into horseracing as it is, I just go in the sweeps for a bit of fun! We had a 'bake off' yesterday between two of our groups and went down to watch the race in one of our meeting rooms while we ate cake and drank beer and wine (or coke zero for me lol). I caved and had a sliver of brie cheese! It was calling out to me to eat it..so I treated myself lol

I haven't even really thought about Christmas yet! I have a few ideas in mind for my sister and her kids as we had a bit of a chat the other week, but I have to worry about what to get for DH's 40th in 12 days first!!!! I have no idea what to get him! Does anyone have any suggestions on a decent 40th present? He is a blokes bloke, loves football, meat pies kangaroos and holden cars (anyone remember that add from yearrrrs back??), if I have to think about a chrissy present for him as well it might send me over the edge hahahaha! I think we will have an easy christmas this year, not going to go nuts on presents and money which we never really do anyway. But need to get bottom firmly into gear so I am not running around the week before trying to finish off shopping in the crowds at 36 weeks pregnant!

Happy anniversary for tomorrow lindsay! Are you doing anything to celebrate? hahaha love the term Brideslave ;-) Never heard that before, but can be a very fitting term lol

Sunshine I am only on 1 a day, so I hope they kick quickly. I went to bed at 1930 last night lol It was bliss! But have woken up all snuffly and with a bit of a head cold, so hopefully it doesn't progress to anything, I don't have the energy to be sick at the moment lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gilliebean1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,

I hope you don’t mind me posting. I am currently working on a documentary series and am trying to touch base with parents due in January 2014.
    To tell you a little more, First Time Parents is an observational documentary series for the ABC. It promises to be a fascinating and informative series about the ups and downs of the first 12 weeks of life with a new baby. We’re searching for parents who are keen to share their experiences with us. We are specifically looking for first time parents in Greater Sydney whose babies are due in late December 2013 and January 2014. We are relying on the goodwill of parents-to-be who can help us make this groundbreaking series both informative and heartwarming. The program will be filmed sensitively with support from Tresilian who have already assisted us with our research and we will also be setting up parents groups every fortnight for all those talking parent in the project.
    I would love to have a chat with you and tell you a bit more about the series- please let me know your thoughts

Kind regards,

Naomi
    nelkinjones@sstar.com.au
    0416 537642

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinebell View Post

Ive started putting ice packs on my knees and ankles in the arvos or evenings to help with the swelling.

Pilbara hows the ankles holding up?
    do the ice packs work sunshine?

mine are worse some days than others...not sure why, as it doesn't seem to be related to how much I'm on or off my feet...

Everyone!

AFM - not much to report, we are taking a week's break down south which is lovely DH's work has been very stressful this year, so it's nice to get away and just chill...
    I still don't have my GD result, and I'm hoping that 'no news is good news'... Am getting increasingly uncomfortable with the size of my belly, I'm 27 weeks, but my belly is as big as it was when I was full term with DD! I'm a little scared of how big I might end up! No other dramas really...

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning! It's shaping up to be a nice warm one here - first day in the 30s for us and I'm so excited. Got my sun-dress ready to put on

Gillie...yummy brie! I must admit I did hold one of the empty Melbourne Cup champagne bottles up to my nose and took a good long sniff I met a man the other day who asked "what is the first meal you're going to have after the birth" and I told him sushi & a piccolo of champers. He did a double-take and said that's EXACTLY what he and his wife had after their child was born!

Lindsay... happy anniversary, hope you get lots of

Pilbara...I'm sure your GD must have been fine, otherwise they would have called you back, surely? I know what you mean about being huge. I was carrying really low until last week but suddenly the bump has ballooned. My (.)(.) can almost balance on top

My DH comes back today after 2.5 weeks in Thailand visiting his parents. His job while he was away was to buy some music and board books so that we can work on bub being bilingual from the start. I can't wait to see what he bought

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    do the ice packs work sunshine?

mine are worse some days than others...not sure why, as it doesn't seem to be related to how much I'm on or off my feet...
    Ive worked out it stiffins my knees until they warm back up...lol.... so I just can't jump up straight after. It does make the pain subside.
    But my ankles it gives a sense of relief of the ache.
    I was told soak feet in epson salts but I haven't tried that yet.
    Enjoy your break away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunshine, that sounds very uncomfortable! Hope you get some relief soon...

twocam - DH is under strict instructions to bring me a boat-load of smoked salmon after our bub is born ...I also seem to be accumulating bottles of wine and bubbly that I am "saving" until after the birth. I have really been craving a glass of wine this pregnancy, which is a little odd since I didn't drink while pregnant with DD, breast feeding, or TTC this one, which basically means (apart from maybe 3 exceptions), I haven't had a drink since our honeymoon in 2008!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    Sunshine, that sounds very uncomfortable! Hope you get some relief soon...:
    No ... its just didn't sound the best. Warm knees work better thsn cold knees ...lol