Closed Thread
Page 12 of 98 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sariele - have a brilliant cruise, you lucky thing I just came back from a long weekend in Brissie and it was so nice to have a break.

Sunshine eek 10 weeks!? That means I've got just over 11 weeks to go. Holey moley....

kd0085 I hope the cramping settles and that you are able to go home soon Better to put your mind at ease though, hey?

Lindsay - I don't get much movement at all except about 6am in the morning when I'm waking up. But I've come to realise that's normal for our bub. I read in What to Expect When You're Expecting that movements can slow down later in pregnancy because there isn't as much room for them to wiggle around.

Gillie- hope your GTT results are good

Chook, Pilbara, LittleSunFlowers, Hoots and everyone I missed - HI

AFM...still just going about my daily business as normal. Sometimes I wish I had more pregnancy symptoms to make it a bit more real to me, but I guess there's still plenty of time for that in the next 11 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gilliebean1 View Post
    Good luck tomorrow, at best enjoy an hour of peace and quiet to yourself in the waiting room lol
    Haha, yes, that part I am looking forward to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for advise on movements it's been very helpful. I never thought that me running around would be soothing for her & then laying down & relaxing is when I would feel it but it is very true.

Kd hope all is going well for u have been thinking about u but like previous posts u r in the best place.

How'd the tests go ladies? Do u have to wait long for the results? Xx fingers they all come back negative.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele - enjoy your holiday.

KD - I hope everything is OK.

My glucose tolerance tests were OK so I don't have gestational diabetes, so at least don't have to worry about that.

Scan yesterday (28 weeks), everything fine, except baby is large for gestational age (and I don't have diabetes). The head circumference and femur length were on the large side, that is fine, but what I'm worried about was the abdomen measurement which was off the charts. The baby is too fat, and I feel like a bad mother. I am a bit embarrassed I let this happen. I was of normal BMI before the pregnancy, so no special problems, but during the early part of the pregnancy I was eating a lot of junk because of feeling nauseous, and have continued with some of the junk.

The last scan at 22 weeks everything was perfect, but then we had just come back from our Singapore trip, during which I was not eating much sugar, and doing a lot of walking.

As of yesterday, there'll be no more choccies, no chips, no ice cream, no juices or sugar drinks, no pizzas. Just home cooked normal meals from now on. Hopefully things will even out a bit by the next scan in 6 weeks time (week 34).

I have filled in the forms at work to start maternity leave a week before my due date. However, will be bridging the time between the Xmas/New Year break and the maternity leave with recreation leave, so I will be effectively off work from 20 Dec. Hopefully I'll make it until then and it won't all happen early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chook11 View Post

Scan yesterday (28 weeks), everything fine, except baby is large for gestational age (and I don't have diabetes). The head circumference and femur length were on the large side, that is fine, but what I'm worried about was the abdomen measurement which was off the charts. The baby is too fat, and I feel like a bad mother. I am a bit embarrassed I let this happen. I was of normal BMI before the pregnancy, so no special problems, but during the early part of the pregnancy I was eating a lot of junk because of feeling nauseous, and have continued with some of the junk.
    chook, did they tell you that the baby is large because of what you are eating????

I have honestly never heard of a baby's large size being the mum's fault, so I really think that you should stop beating yourself up ...all I have ever heard is that bubs will take what he/she needs and the rest will be the mums problem My diet is far from ideal at the moment , and I know plenty of women who proudly acknowledge that they used pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever they wanted and gain heaps of weight... Im sure your bubs will be fine, and please don't blame yourself!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

chook11  (01-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw Chook don't beat yourself up. Like Pilbara I've heard bubs only take what they need. Just do what you can

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

chook11  (01-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    chook, did they tell you that the baby is large because of what you are eating????
    A doc came in during the scan and he said not to worry. But after that, we had an appointment with a doc in the main clinic. He just stared at the results and said "what is this baby doing?". Made me really nervous. He said if I eat too much sugar the baby will end up over 4kg at the end. I felt awful afterward. Hopefully I won't get the same doctor on the next visit.

Anyway I am on a "diet" now. When I say diet I don't mean a dangerously low calorie, not hardly eating anything kind of diet. I'm just cutting back on sugar and junk food, and eating proper food instead. Eg, bringing lunch from home instead of getting chips at work, bringing in an apple to munch on instead of visiting the chocolate vending machine. I will still be able to have the odd treat if I go out. I'm just not buying chocolate anymore and keeping it at home where it is too easy to eat too much of it at once.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chook sounds like a couple of us in here have decent size bubbas.
    So much for ivf babies being small!

Kd just wanted to check on you ... are you home now? Everything ok?

DH is home (yeah) so I've been making the most of our precious time together.
    Alls great in our house.
    Knees feel like they are becoming arthritic!!...... ) they aren't they just aren't coping with the extra weight at all!)
    and baby girl is sooo strong and pushy in there.
    enjoying the heat, summer glow, summer dresses!
    Have a great weekend all
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 01-11-2013 at 15:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A doc came in during the scan and he said not to worry. But after that, we had an appointment with a doc in the main clinic. He just stared at the results and said "what is this baby doing?". Made me really nervous. He said if I eat too much sugar the baby will end up over 4kg at the end. I felt awful afterward.
    ...but 4 kg is about average isn't it??? DD was just under 3, and they said that she was small! Honestly chook, it doesn't make sense to me... Don't feel bad, you are doing great

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

chook11  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyway I am on a "diet" now. When I say diet I don't mean a dangerously low calorie, not hardly eating anything kind of diet. I'm just cutting back on sugar and junk food, and eating proper food instead. Eg, bringing lunch from home instead of getting chips at work, bringing in an apple to munch on instead of visiting the chocolate vending machine. I will still be able to have the odd treat if I go out. I'm just not buying chocolate anymore and keeping it at home where it is too easy to eat too much of it at once.
    Chook sounds sensible and will no doubt help you be healthier for delivery and recovery afterwards. The doctor sounds very insensitive though Babies grow for lots of reasons and for him to make that kind of judgement without talking to you about family history, medical conditions etc was (I think) quite unprofessional. Bub will be fine and so will you

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

chook11  (05-11-2013),Pilbara  (02-11-2013)