Closed Thread
Page 1 of 98 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2014 #2

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    I have contacted a local cleaner as I want my oven cleaned and my windows - two things I cannot do atm. that said I cleaned my glass sliding doors on the weekend as I could not stand the grubby hand marks on it any longer haha (we had visitors with little children last week)
    Nanny did all the windows and they realky needed it as i have a new development on our estate at the end of our street.... and the oven wss jyst done this morning! !
    Before nanny arrived I'd looked on gumtree. There were some mature ladies n my area that I was considering hiring even just for 2hrs week.

Sorry ... can't send her over!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshinebell For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    20wk morphology scan today and Jumping Jack (JJ) , lived up to his name. He was facing head down, spine up and jumped or turned every time the sonographer went to take a pic. She had a really hard time. She started by saying 'Geez he's active', then, 'this baby hates me! ', to, ' this baby's mean'. Lol.

MusicalGal

MusicalGal

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (14-10-2013),Sariele  (15-10-2013),Tommi  (15-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah you must be loving all the movements musical. Mine started the other week & it very reassuring.
    Hope everyone is well the nursery a sound like they are coming along. Making me feel slack for not doing mine

Just a quick question and a bit TMI so be warned. I went for a bit of a long hard walk yesterday & maybe slightly over heated as I was sick of being lazy as the fatigue fairy has hit me again. Well all today I have had diarrhea. I am feeling HUGE and very uncomfortable. Is this normal from to much exercise?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tommi - I think you are doing well just to hold down a full time job while pregnant, forget about the housework and the painting! By about 3pm each day I'm completely done in, even if I've just been sitting doing craft activities with DD all day. Have just chugged down a milo thanks for the tip!

Musicalgal - yay for getting lots of movements (even if it does make the sonographers job harder), and congratulations on reaching the 20 week milestone .

lindsaywa - not sure re the diarrhoea... There have been a couple of times where I've felt as though I overdid it with the walking, and the next day I did feel very bloated and my belly felt hard... I took it as a warning to not push myself so hard, but I don't know what it really meant... If you still have diarrhoea tomorrow, even though its almost certainly nothing to worry about, I'd probably get checked out by a doc, just to be sure...

Thanks
    Reviews
    YAY Musicalgal! Sounds like a fantastic scan with your baby having LOADS of fun haha. Petri was the same, wild during the scan haha

LindsayWA, I have had this issue a couple of times though not related to walking. It would come one day and go the next, hopefully this is the same for you. I joked that Petri didn't like a certain food and was removing it from my body lol

Thanks Pilbara, it is hard however I think having a toddler would be SO much harder when pregnant. That is 24/7 lol i at least come home after work and pretty much lay down for the rest of the evening. I am attempting to do things for a t least 1 hour after I get home but it doesnt appear to be happening haha poor DH he is doing so much.

nothing much happening with me this week -

still rapidly getting larger; feeling Mr Petri wriggling and kicking which is lovely; trying to embrace weight gain....failing....;cot Sheets have arrived in the mail YAY so excited! Woking working working....boring; 20 days till our next U/S to see Petri YAY!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (15-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalGal View Post
    20wk morphology scan today and Jumping Jack (JJ) , lived up to his name. He was facing head down, spine up and jumped or turned every time the sonographer went to take a pic. She had a really hard time. She started by saying 'Geez he's active', then, 'this baby hates me! ', to, ' this baby's mean'. Lol.
    Lol!! I had mine yesterday too, and it was pretty much the same! He was head down where she couldn't get a decent look of his brain, and every time she went to take a 3D pic of him, he's move his hands in front of his face! We managed to get a few very cute ones though. But he wasn't too bad with the movements generally; she said, "Monday babies are always naughty, but he's been my best-behaved Monday baby today." Lol. He's looking great; she had a very thorough look at his heart due to our NT measurement being thicker, but at this stage it's looking perfect. According to all the various measurements he's one day ahead and smack on the 50th percentile for everything. So relieved!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (15-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Lol!! I had mine yesterday too, and it was pretty much the same! He was head down where she couldn't get a decent look of his brain, and every time she went to take a 3D pic of him, he's move his hands in front of his face! We managed to get a few very cute ones though. But he wasn't too bad with the movements generally; she said, "Monday babies are always naughty, but he's been my best-behaved Monday baby today." Lol. He's looking great; she had a very thorough look at his heart due to our NT measurement being thicker, but at this stage it's looking perfect. According to all the various measurements he's one day ahead and smack on the 50th percentile for everything. So relieved!
    yay! Great news sariele

...funny how they are all misbehaving... Our bubs was the opposite, hardly moved, but was in a position where the sonographer couldn't get all of the measurements, so I'm back for another next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies

Lindsay I love the name Adele! A friend of mine had a girl a couple of months ago and named her Adele, its such a pretty name. Tommi I love Henry and Angus, both on our list but we can't have Henry because its the surname of the guy we met through, who is a good friend and he would think we named the baby after him lol And DH hasn't warmed to Angus, although I love it!

Tommi bubby's room really does sound gorgeous! Can't wait to see pics when its all done. Its so frustrating when people comment on your size, big small or otherwise!!!! We are pregnant FFS, of COURSE we are going to change size and shape, what do you expect?? People don't think before they speak sometimes! haha I love your comment "i can't see him but I guess ok" - that's a great comeback lol

I am lucky in that I haven't put any weight on...my weight went up by maybe a couple of hundred grams in 5 weeks, but I was around 95kg to start with so losing isn't such a bad thing! i lost weight with DS1 as well but never fear, it all went back on again pregnancy really stuffs my appetite, I just can't eat like I used to!

Pilbara - totally utterly exhausted! There are not enough hours in the day to sleep at the moment, but I put some of it down to dealing with a 3 year old as well! I can't remember being this tired first time around, but I think I had more opportunity to rest and sleep which I don't have this time around. but I guess I had better get used to it hahahahahaha! I HATE cleaning normally, but being pregnant I have even less of a care factor about it, and our house is embarassingly putrid! We need to have a massive day of cleaning because there is no way I can do it all on my own. Upstairs and downstairs both need a big scrub! I would love to hire a cleaner, but I am too embarassed at the moment for anyone to see it hahahahaha! Maybe this weekend will be the weekend to clean...maybe! And hubby is taking Wed/Thurs and Friday off work so maybe we can really knuckle down and get some stuff done.

Jedi we were at the baby expo on Saturday too! Did you enjoy it? I was really impressed! We hadn't been for a couple of years and was a bit iffy about whether there would be much there that would be of interest bearing in mind we are having number 2, but it was a fantastic expo, I was very very impressed! Spent more than I had anticipated of course lol Did you buy much, or find much that you liked?

MusicalGal great news on your 20wk scan, cheeky little bubby you have there not playing nicely for the sonographer lol

Sariele great news on your scan as well!

AFM, just plodding along really! Had appt with OB yesterday and Boris is chugging along nicely! He is measuring where he should be, he said he is a little on the smaller side but nothing to be concerned about, its funny because my IVF due date was the 20th of Jan, all my scan dates have been the 17th Jan, and yesterday from the measurements he took his EDD was back to the 20th! So it will be interesting to track from here to see how his measurements go. He will arrive earlier anyway, but I will be watching with interest to see what "due date" tracks as. Our OB is the nicest guy and he has really come out of his shell with us (totally professional, but is really relaxed around us and throws in a few swear words and has funny discussions etc which we are totally ok with!) and he was trying so hard to get a decent 3d pic but Boris wasn't having any of it. So when he finished he said "sorry guys, but the best shot I can get today is a **** shot, so I've printed it out for you. I can measure it for you though, there you are, its 6mm". I was wetting myself! The conversations we were having while he was doing the scan kept making me laugh and i couldn't lie still for him! I said to hubby when we left that there is no way I could have gone with another OB (which was an option as ours will be on hols a couple of days before my due date) - so I am just so pleased we made the decision to stay with him. So from now on i have 2 3wkly appointments then go onto 2 weekly appointments!!!! Eeeeeeeek! We will all have our babies soon!

And I got my GTT referral..thankfully starting with the 1hr one and hopefully, considering my diet has been so appalling this pregnancy, I don't need the 2hr one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    Tommi - I think you are doing well just to hold down a full time job while pregnant, forget about the housework and the painting!.
    Dido ... and you're thinking of studying parttime ontop of baby & full time work & you're currently contributing to the painting. ..
    You are a legend!
    Im tired and I went from ft to pt to nanny doing the house jobs!! (Maybe I should be emphasizing medical reasons as some new reader would think I was a lazy ...)

Afm ive had aching knees and really bad sleeping this week again. 12pm and 2am, insomnia so will be due for another good week of sleep again soon.

Knees are quite a bit extra water and weight on them. Probably my only body part im not liking being pregnant. I am 15k heavier than when I had transfer and im okay about that. Ive finally learnt look at yhat weight gain not what i was before the last ivf cycle with additional steriods. really only my big knees... and thighs that are now big. Sometimes I think old bodi r s aren't msde for carrying first babies!

But I've read week 30-34 id when you put on most weight, so shall wait and see.

Congrats Musical lovely to get your update and know a ll is going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh Sunshine I hope I don't put in too much more although weirdly pretty much all my gain of 10kg so far was in the 1st tri (I was ravenously hungry and had no morning sickness). Now I've had no appetite thru most of 2nd tri. I really have to push myself to eat more than a basic brekkie & lunch most days I figure my body will tell me what it needs.

Lindsay hope the runs cleared up I walk 5-7km every day and haven't suffered so I don't think it's the exercise, unless it was significantly more than you were used to.