+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh OP what an awful situation to be in. I agree with PP about a shelter. It's not safe for you both there. Very disappointing that services that should be helping you aren't helpful at all!!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hugs xx

That sounds absolutely awful and so scary. I was going to suggest talking to ACA or someone of the likes, tell them everything you've said in this thread. Is disgusting housing won't do anything to help.

Do you have anyone you can stay with?

What about buying some cheap video cameras and putting them up around (inside your house looking out, I wouldn't try to put them up outside)? So you can catch on video anytime they abuse you etc. Then you can show housing and the police?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with the above post - definitely try and record them somehow when they are being abusive.
    I would keep on to the police. Tell them that you are being abused every time they have to come out and are fearful when they leave. Use the things you have written in this thread to make a statement. Even if you go and attend the local police station and have a chat to the officer in charge about what you can do. Tell them that it's not an issue for the department of housing when you and your child are being threatened. Or if you cant get to a station call the police assistance line and see if someone there can point you in the right direction. The police would have a record of every time an incident has occured that has required them to attend the premises.
    Send letters to the department of housing and if you make a statement to the police provide a copy to the department.
    Also, it cant hurt to contact legal aid and ask for their advice either.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dinky Doo For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (15-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There would have to be some special circumstances that would speed the relocation process. Find out what they are!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought the DOH has a 3 strikes and you are out policy now. From when I have rung them before, you have to record all the incidents and if police were involved. If so, i think you needed an incident number. Can you get other neighbours to help you get them evicted ? I would be rining the DOH of housing daily til it is resolved.

However ! Please be warned that if you don't do it anonymously, apparently the tenants, can, under the freedom of information act, see their own files, thus see who has made the complaints against them. I have never put my name down when I ring them, as I do it anonymously for this very reason. However I guess if I wanted to take it further, i would need to provide this crap.

When you call the police do you give them your name and address ? if so, maybe they are telling them who complained, or do they simply assume it is you ? Can you tell the police that you wish to remain anonymous, for fear of your life.

It is crap though, i do feel for you. I have the same sort of neighbours, and when I started to read your post, I wandered if you were my neighbour too lol. However mine have been quiet lately, and I'm thinking they are in jail LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hope you're ok op

Thanks
    Reviews
    Geez how awful
    That's slack on the DOH and police side. They are meant to help people.
    Lots of good advice already given.
    Definitely keep calling DOH daily.

NRAS rentals are cheaper and are private. I'm sure you could contact them and get into a place sooner than later.

Good luck and I hope you're ok

Single mummy to a wonderful DS (Born 11/12/2008)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Op am thinking of you and hoping you're both ok

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Hun
    I have no idea what to say, this is disgusting behaviour.
    I lived next door to DOH house once when I was younger, it was just after my dad left me and my mum.
    It was an aboriginal community, the culture it's self has been let down a lot by the government and society, I found where we lived the aboriginal culture was very bitter (rightfully so) but it was there kids who grew to be huge problems around where we lived, it was a vicious cycle, and yes the police rarely did anything, I think the police are frightened too and know nothing they say or do will stop the behaviour.
    It is a horrible reality.
    My mother and I were threatened, but they usually stayed on there side of the fence (however we had things stolen from our house, mainly clothes, that we would see them wearing the next day)
    So I can not even begin to imagine how terrifying this is for you.

If the police aren't doing anything, the DOH isn't doing anything, if no one is doing anything then I think it's time to seek help elsewhere (how ridiculous that not even the LAW can help you)

My advise would be to go down to your local salvos, church, or women's centre.
    Explain to them everything, they will try to help you.
    My husband use to do some volunteer work for our local community centre that local churches were involved in (you don't need to be religious to get help, we aren't and neither is anyone who would come down seeking help) but many of times my husband would help mothers, the elderly, people from abusive relationships etc move into houses that were privately rented out by church members or members of the public purely to help those in need for what ever price they could afford.
    Some couldn't even afford to pay anything, the owners of the houses would just ask that the tenants help out around the crunch or at their own homes, work places with cleaning etc when ever they could.
    just keep trying different churches, community groups, look outside of the suburb your in if that makes you feel more comfortable.
    I would also see a councillor at your UNI to see if they can offer any help in regards to finding more suitable housing.

I'm so sorry you are going through this
    I wish I could offer you more than

Thanks
    Reviews
    Op I am in QLD so it may be different over there but there are community housing organisations here that can help people like you find more suitable accomodation. I think someone else said about churches aswell- they often have programs to help out families. If you are on any wait list for DOH they should assess you on a 'needs basis' and reading what you are going through to me sounds like a significant need to transfer. Can you go see your doctor and explain how this is all effecting you? It might help to have some 'evidence' and perhaps the gp can give you a support letter to back up your claim. I really feel for you and think you are amazing to have coped so far.