+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default had enough! no one will do anything! i am having a break down.

Hi all I desperately need help.. as I feel like I am about to have a total break down.I am a single mom and I live with my small child in a dept of housing duplex.. due to leaving an abusive household.. because I want to raise my child in a safe, peaceful home.I keep to myself.. I take excellent care of my child and I study full time..I am working my rear end off so I can finish my studies as soon as possible to get my child and I away from here.

The situation next door is a living hell for my child and I..I have complained numerous times to the dept of housing.I have complained to my local members of parliment..I have complained to bill marimon, who is the minister for housing.
    but, the situation next door is not any better, and i cannot take it anymore.The only option the can give me is for me to move.. however I waited for 2 years for this house.. I am not doing anything wrong.. so I do not feel it is right that I should have to be homeless..

I have lived here for over 2 years...for the first 18 months my neighbour did not reside next door.. she instead illegally subleted her property and handed her keys out to anyone and everyone.
    it was a constant revolving door.. of people arriving usually late at night.. getting drunk, making noise.At time there were so many people there.. people would sleep on matresses in her carport which faces my bedroom windows.
    my neighbours ex partner showed up drunk falling out of a taxi at 3 am.. and spent the next 2 hours yelling and screaming about the 'bush abos' who had messed up his home.
    For 3 nights in a row.. this man a approx a dozen other males..made so much noise that my child and I could not sleep.. by night four they were standing a metre outside my bedroom window .. drunk yelling screaming, fighting and playing extremely loud music..
    I called the police as I could not take it anymore.
    My neighbours ex partner- then came up to my bedroom window screaming verbal used at me and threated to bash my ****ing white hole in... which my 5 year old heard.
    This terrified my child as she thought this man was going to come into our home and hurt me.

My neighbour was brought home severly intoxcated by the police at approx 4 am.. she then stood outside screaming for over half an hour because she couldnt get inside.. she then smashed her kitchen window out.. this window is still broken and is covered with cardboard.
    There is constantly loud noise, people fighting and playing loud music till 4 or 5 amMy neighbour regulary allows youths to use her home as a all night party home to get drunk in.. which results in fighting and loud music till usually 5 am.

I have had the police knock on my door TWICE looking for my neighbour and her partner.
    After my neighbours ex partner at 3 am to please turn the music down, I was yet again verbally abused and threatened with being bashed.. and called a fking white b&^ch.
    This man has been charged and convicted with grevious bodily harm for breaking his sons jaw..This man frightens me and makes me feel extremely intimidated to the point where if I hear his voice I feel very afraid to walk out of my front door.

I have had drunken men knocking on my front door , asking me to open my door for them.
    When I came home from shopping last month with my 5 year old daughter,there was a dozen drunken aboriginals sitting in the carport next door... they verbally abused me as I got my shopping out of the car infront of my child. they said "fking white b%%ch.. call and complain about us you fking dog.

'last month at 5:58 pm on a sunday afternoon.. there was over half a dozen drunken people fighting and screaming outside my living room window.I could hear glass being smashed.. and things being thrown around..
    there was a male threatening to physically hurt a female who was screaming at him.. i could hear doors inside my neighbours house being slammed.. when I looked out of my living room windows I could broken beer bottles laying on the cement outside my living room windows/They sounded like they were trying to kill each other..

I was terrified, my 5 year old daughter was terrified..I wanted to leave my house , but I was too afraid to go outside.I am too afraid to call the police.. as I am afraid what they will do after the police leave.I cannot take this anymore..

.Right now I feel extremely depressed , I feel powerless and I feel as though I am back in a domestic violence situation .. I feel hopeless..and I feel that noone cares at all..I cannot take living next door to this anymore..

I was told over a month ago that my neighbour was in jail... so there should not be anyone in her home.yet all week the same black car filled with youths has shown up next door late at night..
    making noise..playing loud music.. getting drunk.they showed up at 1 am.. it is now 2 am.. and they are playing such loud music it is like trying to sleep ina nightclub.I cannot sleep.. my child.. who has school in the morning..cannot sleep.i am so sick of this.this person should be evicited...

I dread coming home.. i can never get a peaceful sleep.my daughter has heard them abuse me..
    my friends do not want to come to my home after hearing how my neighbours behave.. they do not want their kids here.I feel like i am in hell..i feel like i am back in a domestic violence situation ..i feel like i am walking on egg shells all of the time..
    i have nowhere else to live..i hate coming home.. i hate being home.it's 2 am and I want to sleep!!!!!!!!!please someone help me.
    i have tried the dept of housing..
    i have tried the minster for housing..
    i have tried my local members of parliment..yet its 2 am and i cannot sleep. due to youths getting drunk.. who have no legal right to be next door.
    Last edited by lovebeingamumma81; 15-10-2013 at 04:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Will the dept of housing relocate you?? Im sorry you are having to deal with this. Its horrible behavior and they wonder why some people stereo type aboriginals (im not racist, this happens with white people too, I know)

Im actually quite appalled that the policr or any of those people you have talked to have not helped you. Surely they could do something?

Do you mind me asking how the neighbours know you were the one that complained to police? Id mention that the next time you call them.

Sorry I dont have much advice for you im afraid. I just wish I could take all of that away for you and your dd hugs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    they said i could put in for a relocation.. but that would probably take about 2 years if not more..
    i am so tired but i cannot sleep.. my bedroom wall and their living room wall are the same wall..
    i am sitting in my living room and i can still hear them.
    i feel that enough is enough and my neighbour should be evicted.
    she has broken every single rule..yet there are zero consequences.. and they know it.
    its not fair..
    she sits in jail and her family uses her house to get drunk in..
    i feel so angry
    so now my daughter is going to be tired in school tomorrow..
    which screws up her education. it's not right.
    but no one will do anything about her. they will not do anything at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will the dept of housing relocate you?? Im sorry you are having to deal with this. Its horrible behavior and they wonder why some people stereo type aboriginals (im not racist, this happens with white people too, I know)

Im actually quite appalled that the policr or any of those people you have talked to have not helped you. Surely they could do something?

Do you mind me asking how the neighbours know you were the one that complained to police? Id mention that the next time you call them.

Sorry I dont have much advice for you im afraid. I just wish I could take all of that away for you and your dd hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I'm sorry you are going through this. I just moved out of a large DOH area. I was in a private rental but even so, I still had to deal with a lot of went on around there.

I guess you could always start looking for a private rental in your suburb of choice? The only major downside to this would be your cost of rent would sky rocket.
    Otherwise I would put in your application to be relocated elsewhere. Document everything that goes on, call the police when warranted, and keep on complaining in writing to Department of Housing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i can't afford private rental.. I am a full time uni student..
    I really dont want to quit my degree.. the full time income that i will be on once i have completed it.. will change mine and my daughters life..
    I cannot bear the thought of living next door to this for another 2 years, while I wait for a transfer.
    I am too afraid to call the police.. the last time I did.. as soon as they left.. a drunk man came up to my window and screamed that he was going to bash me..which my child heard.
    the doof doof for the music next door.. its like someone is setting off fireworks..
    i dont know what to do.. i dont understand why they wont evict her..
    they just dont seem to care at all ..
    there are like 30, 000 people waiting for a house..
    she should be evicted and that property given to someone who wont trash it and wont hand the keys out to anyone and everyone..
    omg i cant stand this noise anymore.. i feel like i am going bonkers..
    i feel like i am in hell... i can't take this anymore..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I think, unfortunately, that's the public housing system for you.

I wouldn't say you couldn't afford to rent privately. Many single mums, including myself do it. It's definitely tight financially as you are bound to lose half your income in rent. Surely it's worth it if it guarantees your health and safety though?

The only thing I can think of would be to call a tenants advocacy line and ask for their advice on the situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    well I called the cops.. they attended.. now I have someone screaming outside my window that I am a racist white cu7t.
    and I had better watch my back cause he isnt going nowhere..
    and said good luck dog.. I aint going nowhere.. you aint going get me kicked out you racist white cu8t.
    all of which my 5 year old child heard
    and now i am too afraid to sleep,even though the music is off.
    I am so sick of the race card.. I am not racist..
    if they let me sleep at night.. i wouldnt have any issue living here..
    how is wanting to sleep at 4 am .. make me a racist?

Thanks
    Reviews
    are they in public housing too? Is there anyway they could get moved ( or banned aren't they cracking down on those that damage property?)
    All I can suggest is keep a diary of dates and times, what happened, what you did and how it made you feel. Hard evidence like this is what you need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by lovebeingamumma81 View Post
    well I called the cops.. they attended.. now I have someone screaming outside my window that I am a racist white cu7t.
    and I had better watch my back cause he isnt going nowhere..
    and said good luck dog.. I aint going nowhere.. you aint going get me kicked out you racist white cu8t.
    all of which my 5 year old child heard
    and now i am too afraid to sleep,even though the music is off.
    I am so sick of the race card.. I am not racist..
    if they let me sleep at night.. i wouldnt have any issue living here..
    how is wanting to sleep at 4 am .. make me a racist?
    If she is threatening you, could you call the cops again? Would you be able to take out an AVO for you and your daughter? Maybe that would help your plight with DOH?