+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default miscarriage paranoia

I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance that I'm not the only one feeling a little dismay, unable to relax and feeling as though I am an epic fail at pregnancy.

I think about the possibility of miscarriage all the time.

Not sure of my EDC - long cycle (35-42 days), unplanned but very very welcome pregnancy. To add to the confusion, it's pretty high risk (hypertension, obesity, diabetes).

TMI warning...Massively increased vaginal secretions that I keep misinterpreting as blood that announces the end of this little dream.

I just feel like a cruddy human being for putting myself and the passenger in this situation.

If I had been in better physical condition, he or she would have had such a better start. I'm 34, and it took 2 years to conceive. I might not have that many chances beyond this.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not the only one

I am about 6.5wks with #2, 3rd pregnancy. Our first ended in a missed mc at 12.5wks so I am absolutely petrified even though I have a healthy dd from my last pregnancy.

The whole "whatever happens, happens for a reason" & "just relax" drives me insane. We haven't told anyone irl (not even parents know yet), I just know this is what I would be hearing if people knew & they knew I was nervous

Right now I'm just taking one day at a time to get to Saturday for our dating scan

Good luck x

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

Emily75  (15-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just take it each day at a time, like michellek said. I worried every.single.day. every side pain - was it ectopic? every time I wasn't as nauseous - was it a missed misscarriage? Finally I gave in last week after some side pain at 11weeks and got a scan, all good!

I am quite overweight, and not super healthy (binge eating disorders). I dont' drink or smoke though, and this pregnancy took in the first month of trying (compared to DD when I was 40kg less, fit and took us 3 years to conceive her!) you're pregnant now - you're body was obviously ready for it this time, don't make yourself feel bad about your weight! - if it puts your mind at ease, I've not once had anyone have a go at me about mine so far, although I did have to go for an early glucose test due to my BMI being above 35.

Just try to take it easy on yourself, as hard as that can be, but your chances of a healthy pregnancy are much higher than a miscarriage, and when you can, get a dating scan in for some peace of mind. x

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bellaxo For This Useful Post:

Emily75  (15-10-2013),michellek  (15-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.

Off to meet the obstetrician this morning - I think she will probably do a scan. It is of course very early - the results could be reassuring, sad or useless.

I work in healthcare, and perhaps I forgot that my husband wouldn't necessarily understand the uncertainties of pregnancy as much as me. He told his entire family - I adore them, but I don't want to feel responsible for their distress if we have a loss.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Emily75 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feeling the paranoia too....

Hi ladies, jumping in to say Hi I don't know my EDD because dates are all off but I have an ultrasound today and I'm petrified something is going to be wrong... I had a MC on our honeymoon in 2010 and then conceived our DD straight after but that fear is still there and it just wont go away..Dh hasn't got a clue, when I MC he just shut everything out and kept on going but I couldn't and it still feels fresh

I praying for you all and hope we can all join a DIG soon if you havn't already.. will update this afternoon

*EDIT* Had our ultrasound and bubs is healthy and happy so far
    Last edited by mybump2010; 18-10-2013 at 14:17.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mybump2010 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys! I found out I was 4 weeks pregnant today via blood test and this is my first baby. I too am sooo paranoid about losing my baby as there are a multitude of things that could go wrong before the first 12 weeks. I am a bit overweight and was doing lite n easy before I found out and now I have to stop that because of all the processed meat and microwavable foods. Hoping all your bubs make it through the 12 weeks! *just saying hello*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Add me to the paranoid list please!

I'm 5 weeks and am doubting every pain/lack of pain I have. I swear my symptoms are getting less obvious and I have bad AF type cramps. It really feels like I'll get my period any minute.

I have my scan next Monday which seems like an eternity....going slowly crazy!

Hang in there ladies.....we have no choice do we!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is so true! We just have to hang in there and hope for the best. Have an early scan at 6 Weeks if your worried. You obstetrician will allow that if your worried

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had the scan - wee sesame-seed sized embryo with a heartbeat. Huzzah!

And so now I will move on to paranoia that the passenger remains in good nick.

I guess there is no guarantees - it's hard to enjoy the ride when the outcomes are either so very lovely or such disappointment.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Emily75 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily75 View Post
    Had the scan - wee sesame-seed sized embryo with a heartbeat. Huzzah!

And so now I will move on to paranoia that the passenger remains in good nick.

I guess there is no guarantees - it's hard to enjoy the ride when the outcomes are either so very lovely or such disappointment.
    I know! My scan is not until november 21st so its an anxious waiting game for me! I think the heartbeat would be the coolest thing to hear! You are so lucky you got to have yours early!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app