+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do you ever wish you could have a day off from your life??

Do you ever want a day off?

Or do you wish you could be someone else for a day?

Today I'm wishing for a day off from being a wife and a mum. I would love to not have to think of anyone else for a whole day.

Instead I would love to be someone with enough money to go and spend without care and get my hair, nails and makeup done then go out for cocktails at my favourite cocktail bar I haven't been to in 3 years!

You?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Sounds good to me, I'd love that. Im settling for a few hours off tonight to go out to dinner with my bestie instead.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

shani2  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dream girly date with me?!

That sounds nice tho, enjoy. I think I need a night out. Haven't had one since well before DS was born 8 months ago...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    Dream girly date with me?!

That sounds nice tho, enjoy. I think I need a night out. Haven't had one since well before DS was born 8 months ago...
    Oh jeez you need a night out stat! I order you to go out and have fun! Go have dinner and a movie, even if its on your own, you'll love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the time Shani! Just to be myself - not someone's mum or wife! Cocktails sounds great, Long Island Iced Teas are a fave. Or expensive champagne!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Spotdog For This Useful Post:

shani2  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'd LOVE a day off. It would involve a trip to a day spa, sitting by a pool drinking cocktails, possibly going for a swim without thinking about anyone else drowning, I miss being able to go under water, like duck my head under and stay there, because obviously can't do that when supervising kids. Then I'd finish off my day with a multiple course dinner, like I'd love to sit at a meal for an hour or so, rather than jamming food in as quickly as I can, then drinking and dancing all night.

...... I have thought about this a bit...

*oh and I'd love to go shopping somewhere in that a buy heaps of clothes and shoes and have time to consider crazy things like matching outfits!

I'll probably need two days - one to recover.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

DailyDiversion  (14-10-2013),shani2  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotdog View Post
    All the time Shani! Just to be myself - not someone's mum or wife! Cocktails sounds great, Long Island Iced Teas are a fave. Or expensive champagne!
    Long Island iced teas are awesome!! Or really expensive and good gin martinis!!

I know, I need a night out, but an unpredictable bf baby has put me off. Have been expressing little bits to get a stash so I am able to go out. Would rather DS just slept through the night, but then I might not be so desperate for a night out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh heck yes I want a day off!! Buttttttt with a newborn, a 2 year old and fifo DH I doubt that's happening anytime soon!

Me + DH = DS and DD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh gosh yes!!!!

This weekened both kids are sleeping over DH's parents house! Its for our wedding anniversary.

We are going to go out for lunch and see a movie saturday. Then saturday night it will be spent at home doing NOTHING!! I just want to lay on the couch without children in the house. Sunday morning a big sleep in!

Cant tell Im excited lol. I have thinking about this weekend for months hahah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpingInPuddles View Post
    A day off? I want at least a week!! :-)
    I like the way you think!