+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 7 month old - what's on the menu?

Interested in what everyone is feeding their LO's around 7mo? For ideas! Not so much after opinions or judgment on peoples choices. Our daily meal plan is something like this..

Breakfast - Bellamys porridge with formula and purée pear or apple

Lunch - Fruit (apple, pear or banana) with natural yoghurt

Dinner - vegies (carrot, pumpkin, sweet potato, broccoli) sometimes with puréed chicken or beef. Cous cous has recently been added.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    6mo here, but:

Breakfast - some veggies and the fruit with natural yoghurt (thismorning had apple and dates blended together then mixed with the yoghurt) OR half an avocado and one banana mixed together - his favourite

Lunch - veggies and then some fruit

Afternoon tea/snack (more to develop interest in food and motor skills) - chunks of watermelon, rockmelon, carrot, cheese, capsicum - anything really!

Dinner - veggies and steamed chicken/beef mince then fruit for dessert

We'll be trying eggs on the weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 7 month old - what's on the menu?

Nearly 8 months and blw.

Breakfast - either some of my porridge, banana pancake (banana mashed and mixed with egg then fried) or ricotta and spinach pancake (ricotta, egg and sliced baby spinach mixed and fried) or plain banana. Have tried scrambled eggs but he wasn't keen. Sometimes homemade wholemeal banana and blueberry muffins.

Lunch - often wholemeal toast with avocado spread on, some of my quesadilla if that's what I'm having, home made chicken nuggets, mini quiches or sausage rolls or if I'm feeling lazy some cut up veg and cheese slices or steamed frozen veg.

Dinner - whatever were having, lamb chops, rice, mash, salad, steak, chicken. Whatever really.

Snacks (which isn't every day) - cut oranges, strawberries, homemade yogurt with frozen blueberries or frozen blueberries on there own (his favourite - he had 10 after dinner last night!) sliced avocado or tomato. Whatever really!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did BLW here too.
    At 7mths bub was having tastes from our plates at meal times
    Breakfast - after milk feed, Toast
    Lunch - After milk feed, bit of sandwich, piece of pasta, piklet, raw carrots dipped in hummus (he just sucked the hummus off) and some chunky poached fruit.
    Dinner - Whatever we were having - bit of meat, vege, rice, cous cous. I put some bits on his tray and he would just help himself and make a mess of it. Poached fruit afterwards.

DS is 9mths now and eats family meals and snacks inbetween like yoghurt, banana bread, cheese, cruskits with cream cheese, ricotta pikelets, custard, hard boiled egg, cheese and chive mini muffin, date scone, raisin bread. He eats anything, really.
    Milk feed before bed at 7ish.
    Last edited by Beefie; 14-10-2013 at 14:00. Reason: typo

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    8 months here

Breakky - scrambled eggs usually

Snack- fruit

Lunch - avocado sandwich or leftovers from dinner or if I've made a zucchini slice or something he will have that.

Snack - hm muffins or crackers or whatever's in the fridge

Dinner - whatever we are having. Last night was steak and veg. I just steamed his veg a little longer and cut up his steak into small squares. Night before was chicken, veg and rice with hm satay sauce.
    I usually fill his bowl up and put it in front if him. He just absolutely goes to town on it, basically inhales it and half ends up on the floor lol

Bottle after breakky, mid arvo and before bed at night. He still wakes at 1am for a bottle.

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    Hoping for #3 soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 7month old dd usually has,
    Breakfast- rafertys garden banana porridge mixed with breast milk, toast with Vegemite.
    Lunch- fruit and yogurt.
    Dinner- veggies mashed or Blw style
    We do both spoon and finger foods.