+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2mummiestobe View Post
    Counselling and 2nd appointment with Professor Dunphy are booked for the 7th! Getting closer and closer, if all plans out with iui etc we might be finding out if it works Christmas Day! How did everyone tell their extended family about their BFP's, would love some cool ideas
    We just told people, nothing fancy.

I think this time we will keep it to ourselves until at least 20 weeks.
    As good as support is, it's very hard telling people you have lost the baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2mumsmaylands View Post
    Hi Everyone

We are just about to start on the journey.. very excited and a bit scared.

Both of us really feel like we have no idea - and its obvious to me that compared to all of you guys we really don't have a clue!

We are still having the discussion about whether we want to use a known donor and try at home first or whether we want to go straight to a clinic for an anonymous donor. Did many of you try at home before going to a clinic? What have been your experiences through this? I have a couple of friends that have successfully fallen pregnant through clinics but none that have done it themselves at home (none that have even tried).

I would be keen to hear about your thoughts experiences on this topic. i mean I know ultimately it depends on us and the situation we are in - but being a lawyer It's in my nature to investigate all options

Thanks
    We tried at home first....biggest waste of time for us. It's hard to find a donor who suits and doesn't expect it to happen first time, every time. We had 2 donors back out because it didn't happen first or second try. So we said stuff it and went to IUI through a clinic. I also love how the donor is in the USA and there is no chance of them ever wanting a relationship or anything like that as there is if you use a known donor

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Both of us really feel like we have no idea - and its obvious to me that compared to all of you guys we really don't have a clue!

We are still having the discussion about whether we want to use a known donor and try at home first or whether we want to go straight to a clinic for an anonymous donor. Did many of you try at home before going to a clinic? What have been your experiences through this? I have a couple of friends that have successfully fallen pregnant through clinics but none that have done it themselves at home (none that have even tried).

I would be keen to hear about your thoughts experiences on this topic. i mean I know ultimately it depends on us and the situation we are in - but being a lawyer It's in my nature to investigate all options

Thanks
    Hello hello.
    My DP and I never tried at home.
    We were (and still are) more comfortable with using a clinic.
    Good luck on your journey.
    I'm currently in my TWW it was our first attempt last Tuesday. Bit exciting!

TwoMummas - Beginning our journey to becoming Mums through IUI.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Dp and I tried once at home, before deciding (after it didn't work) that we weren't all that comfortable with a known donor after all. He also moved interstate which made it difficult.

I don't regret going to a clinic and using an unknown donor at all. We are planning on being completely upfront and honest with our boy about how he came to be, and if he does decide to contact his donor (or meet donor siblings) when he's older, we will be completely supportive of that decision.

As someone who doesn't know her biological father (due to him not wanting anything to do with me) I hope I can use my experiences to relate to any questions my boy has about his parentage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Thanks
    My DP and I used a known donor and were very lucky to get our BFP on our second try. We have a very good arrangement with the donor and we realise that we are very lucky. Like you said you need to do what's best for you but this has worked out for us. If you have any questions about at home insemination happy to answer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 2mummiestobe View Post
    How did everyone tell their extended family about their BFP's, would love some cool ideas
    My DP made this banner and we hung it in a park. Then we stood in front of it and cuddled and laughed and took a photo we liked. She printed the photo out and put it in a card explaining that we were thrilled to announce that we were having a baby. She then sent them out to all close family and friends. We timed the letters and when we knew they had arrived we posted the same photo on Facebook. I'm having issues posting the photo of the banner so ill try in a post below. I'd post the photo we used but I want to remain a little anon on bh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week

Lets see if this works...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

CandE  (22-10-2013),GDYB03  (23-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have this vision of poas while everyone's waiting at the breakfast table on Christmas Day, then coming out and putting it in the middle of the table for everyone to see lol then on the other hand I want to keep quiet until a few weeks have passed to be sure it sticks, will have to wait and see I guess.

I would love to do at home insem as I feel it's more personal, like me and DF are creating the baby ourselves but after researching we thought it was a gamble on ensuring the donor was clean and would not turn around later for custody etc. We have quite shy, reserved personalities and thought it would be our luck to get unlucky.

For those soon to be giving birth/already given birth, how have you found the process with organising OB's/midwives etc and following your intended path to giving birth, whether that be hospital or at home? Have you felt they treat you and your partner differently than expected?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    My DP made this banner and we hung it in a park. Then we stood in front of it and cuddled and laughed and took a photo we liked. She printed the photo out and put it in a card explaining that we were thrilled to announce that we were having a baby. She then sent them out to all close family and friends. We timed the letters and when we knew they had arrived we posted the same photo on Facebook. I'm having issues posting the photo of the banner so ill try in a post below. I'd post the photo we used but I want to remain a little anon on bh.
    That's a great photo idea, I've mainly heard of a photo in front of the oven with a bun in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    2mummiestobe- that would be very exciting.

I will probably use DD to announce next April pregnancy to parents and think of another way to tell DP