BFN at 10dpo this morning. No real symptoms so not feeling very positive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Introducing our little man
    Born 28-1-15
    8.1lb 54.5cm
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1422896181.562123.jpg

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Two mummys For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (03-02-2015),Best Things  (07-02-2015),DizzyDaisy  (03-02-2015),JustJaq  (09-02-2015),SJ565  (09-02-2015),TeamCarts  (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice about using the contraceptive pill and IVF….

We are travelling from Perth to QLD for treatment, so it is critical that our dates are spot on (egg collection can only be on a week day etc). IVF is expensive enough without going wasted trips. Our FS mentioned going on the pill, to control the date when my cycle starts. He is quite a character, and I walked away feeling uncertain. Has anyone use the pill for IVF?? My FS said after I stop taking the pill, three days I will get my period? What if i have to be on the pill for say 40 days to get the exact start date, will this still work or stuff up the cycle?

We will ask him too….but some real life experience would be good to. Apologies for sounding clueless, I was on the pill for 12 years and can't remember it being an exact science.

Thanks folks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't used the pill for IVF, but the ladies over in the IVF forums will be able to give you some good first hand advice.
    If your FS is the one I think you are referring too, he sounds like he REALLY knows his stuff, so you can take heart that you're in good hands.
    But I would suggest asking the ladies over in the IVF forums, they will have seen every combination of drugs possible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps Jk565, I keep forgetting that the IVF experience is not limited to same sex couples. Congrats on the BFP! Im hoping it is the same FS and we get ours soon too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @KT82
    Its all a bit surreal, we had our first scan yesterday at 8 weeks and got to see the heart beat which was amazing.
    Our EDD is Sept 22nd, can't quite believe in 7 months we will have a little bub here with us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, my name is Mel and my partner and I finally went to the dr (the lovely Fiona Bisshop!) for the Qld Fertility Group in Spring Hill. To say I am nervous about the first appointment is an understatement. I was hoping you could all please advise what I should expect for the first appointment (i.e. blood tests) and how much the consult was? Did you get a rebate from Medicare? Also, I can see some of you are pregnant - wonderful news! How many times did it take? Did most go with an unknown donor? I am 31 years old, active, healthy weight range.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mel,

We are just about to start treatment with QFG Springhill too. Thus far the process has been pretty great, a bit of mixed information along the way as to what we need to do (with the donor options) but Im feeling confident and clued in now. During the first appt my FS gathered general information about my health, completed an internal scan and I got a load of blood tests (also onsite, so handy). The appt was about $260 from memory, and we claimed heaps back from medicare (make sure you and your partner register as a family). We also saw the fertility nurse, which was really helpful as she went through everything in much finer detail and the all important costs. We then saw the counsellor (general suggestions around raising a child conceived via donor) and then lastly a short appt with one of the ladies from the donor team re accessing the donor website. It was a full on day!! We booked the last three appts straight after our first appt with the FS as we are travelling over from Perth. Registration with QFG costs $550 EACH which we had to pay on the day for me (going first) to access the donor register. We have since gone through the last three appts again over the phone for partner and paid her reg fee so that we can select the same donor (very important for us). Had we known upfront, we would have done all her appts whilst in Brisbane also, but they are all done now and we have amps (of sperm) for us both in storage racking up a small fortune in storage costs.

We have since had a chat to our FS over the phone as it has taken us a while to choose a donor, and I wanted to remind myself on our treatment plan. We then start next month and keep everything crossed that the journey over to Brisbane is a success!

I understand the nerves, but the first appt (or whole day of appts for us) was exciting but also an information overload.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi KT82
    Do you remember what all the blood tests were for? I thought I had a referral for QFG Spring Hill however I was mistaken, it is for the Fertility Clinic at St Andrews in Spring Hill (highly recommended DR there by my GP).
    In terms of donor options, were there many available? My partner is Asian and I am Caucasian so I am after an Asian donor...not sure how difficult that will be.
    I work in Spring Hill so if you like,let me know when you are next in Brisbane