+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Only two more sleeps until your EPU CandE! How exciting. Here's to you getting heaps of fantastic little embies. You'll have to let us know how it goes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

CandE  (21-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi

Only just found this thread!!!

Name: GDYB03
    Age: both DF and I are 22, 23 in a few weeks (we are 2 days apart same year lol)
    Live: ACT (technically nsw lol just over the boarder)
    Clinic: went through Fertility First at Hurstville NSW (just moved to act 5ish weeks ago)
    Currently I am 20 weeks tomorrow with bubba number 1!
    We had 3 x failed IUI's.
    1st ICSI (freah transfer 1 embryo) was an early miscarriage.
    2nd ICSI (frozen embryo transfer of 2 x embies) was a success!

We found out a few days ago it's a boy!!!! so happy! We are getting a little prince.

We have two lil fur babies

We are getting married in January in a backyard wedding. (I call it a wedding cause to me it is silly calling it a "commitment ceremony", i was committed to her the day we met!) So excited about that! Ill be 31-32 weeks by then!

Hmmmm what else! Trying to remember what we have to say lol I think I've covered it all!

Good luck to those going through there cycles! And to the pregnant mummy's, hope your enjoying your pregnancy

Can't wait to see how everyone goes with there journeys and see some gorgeous bubbas!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for the well wishes ladies xxx yes, a little exciting and very nervous.... a touch worried. I'm trying to convince wazza to let me have two embies put back in, but i'm not sure if he'll give in to me. i would only want to risk multiples on the try for the first one, not any subsequent bubs, and if this doesnt work, it'll be another 12 months or so before we have funds to try again. i'll see how persuasive I can be. I'm very tender and walking causes discomfort, but i've been hitting the powerade and 3L of water a day, so I think that will keep away OHSS. wazza said I was borderline, so am doing everything I can to be good and keep it at bay. i guess if this round of ivf doesnt work, and we have enough embies to freeze, then at least I dont have to do a stim cycle again.

i have my last injection at 10:20pm tonight. am definitely looking forward to a jab free day on Monday!!!!!!!

Welcome GDYB03. congrats on your pregnancy and your upcoming wedding!!! how very exciting... you will be flat out with organizing you wont have time t think of anything else!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CandE For This Useful Post:

GDYB03  (21-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats GDYB03! we had our little boy almost 2.5years ago, they are such little bundles of fun! i am so excited for you and your growing little family.

CandE- (thought i would reply to you here rather than my AF thread). goodluck for tuesday feels like only yesterday we were talking about it all and now your week is here! K+K+i have all our fingers and toes crossed for you and DP. what is the process after egg pickup?

finally AF arrived on Friday. i made the conscious decision to just calm down and stop stressing, must have done the trick. now i am taking everything in my stride. we are starting to get excited for our first round of inseminations in early november.

hope everyone else doing well.
    Last edited by kkmollie; 21-10-2013 at 09:08.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kkmollie For This Useful Post:

CandE  (21-10-2013),GDYB03  (21-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks KKM, So glad to hear that it arrived and you are on your way!! very exciting.

After EPU, i guess I just wait and see what happens with the eggs etc... ??? i actually dont know what day we will transfer cause i'd be due to transfer on a sunday... so will have to go one day early or one day late?

p.s. could you please remove DP's name? Bub hub is not private so the whole world can see thanks
    Last edited by CandE; 21-10-2013 at 07:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

CandE, I'm so excited for you. Your epu is on the same day as our c/s for our daughter. I think that means it's going to be a very lucky day!

GDYB03, congrats on your pregnancy - a little boy, how precious.....

Good luck everyone.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jl81 For This Useful Post:

CandE  (20-10-2013),GDYB03  (21-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CandE- DP's name has been changed. sincerest apologies, total lapse of concentration.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kkmollie For This Useful Post:

CandE  (21-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Counselling and 2nd appointment with Professor Dunphy are booked for the 7th! Getting closer and closer, if all plans out with iui etc we might be finding out if it works Christmas Day! How did everyone tell their extended family about their BFP's, would love some cool ideas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

We are just about to start on the journey.. very excited and a bit scared.

Both of us really feel like we have no idea - and its obvious to me that compared to all of you guys we really don't have a clue!

We are still having the discussion about whether we want to use a known donor and try at home first or whether we want to go straight to a clinic for an anonymous donor. Did many of you try at home before going to a clinic? What have been your experiences through this? I have a couple of friends that have successfully fallen pregnant through clinics but none that have done it themselves at home (none that have even tried).

I would be keen to hear about your thoughts experiences on this topic. i mean I know ultimately it depends on us and the situation we are in - but being a lawyer It's in my nature to investigate all options

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    2mummiestobe

I would actually be interested too. Last time I just told everyone as the conversation came up, terrible but wasn't bothered to have an announcement. Fingers crossed for a Christmas miracle for you.

2mums

Welcome and good luck on your journey. Its always wise to consider all your options and choose one best for you. We did same but ended up deciding with clinic, we just didn't want any blurred lines on parenting. ..plus we didn't have any friends who would just donate and not feel an attraction or need to be part of the child's life especially if they would be seeing them every now and then.