+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Feeling very excited, we have made the decision to travel to Brisbane from Perth to start our TTC journey. After MUCH research we felt that QFG was the best fit for us to avoid the long wait lists for donors in Perth. I guess the next thing to decide is IVF vs IUI. We shall of course speak to our FS, but there are no known fertility issues at this stage. I get the sense that IVF will be easier in terms of planning travel…but also much much more expensive. We have got a referral from our GP so I think we can claim from medicare for our first appt… but thats just the tip of iceberg I suspect when it comes to total costs!

Anyway if anyone has any thoughts of the IVF vs IUI debate I would love to hear from you? And if you want any feedback on same sex couples choices research Aus wide just let me know lol .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ree888 good to see you here. Im on july thread with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @ErinJess we've been with Qfg all along. We have started thinking about changing if this cycle doesn't work out though as we've already had 3 failed transfers. Well - one chemical preg and the other two failed.

Hi @Hers&Hers - I thought your name looked familiar. Where are you guys up to at the moment with your cycle?

2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - beginning IVF again...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seeing FS on the 10th to work out which procedure...cycle starts mid-end july

Thanks
    Reviews
    LH surge didn't coincide with when we were in Brisbane this time round, and couldn't take any days off work at the moment due to end of financial year.
    So depending how my next cycle falls...we either may be in Newcastle at a wedding, or we only have a small window from when the wedding is until our FS goes on holidays for a month.
    That meaning if timing is out, we won't have another try until September once our FS returns from holidays!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry nickle86, hope you can catch the small window.
    It makes you wish they didn't need to go. If FS wasn't away we would be cycling now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hers and hers good luck with your appt with FS hope it brings a good plan for you both.

Nickle86 fingers crossed everything will line up for you next cycle.

Kt82 I have no known fertility issues and our FS recommended IUI first before moving to ivf and IUI worked for us. I'm
    Hoping it works again for baby number two IUI will be next week.

Ree888 sometimes another pair of eyes to look at your situation can be a good thing, hopefully it doesn't come to that and this month brings a bfp. Is your partner interested in carrying a child too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ErinJess - not really. Her words were 'I'll do it if I have too (if I can't get preg) but I was kinda hoping you'd take it for the team' she wants me to carry one of her embryos - I'm happy to do that but if I can't get pregnant with one of my own I doubt I'll be able to with one of hers! We'll see how things go. I know she will do it and that she'd carry one of mine if need be, but I'm not ready to let go of the dream of carrying a baby yet. It's all I've wanted in my life since I was a child. DP is super supportive and understands how I feel which is lovely.
    AF arrived today - so I'm off to the clinic tomorrow for bloods and to pick up the medication. Exciting but nerve wracking times!

2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - beginning IVF again...

Thanks
    Reviews
    At least she is super supportive which is all you can really ask for, although you may have already thrown a lot at your previous cycles I don't think you would be at the point of giving up on your dream of you carrying. Considering there is the option for her to carry if your FS thought it wasn't going to happen for you he would throw that suggestion into the mix.

That's great AF arrived, it feels great to get started on a cycle. We had to wait for our donor sperm to arrive which put a delay on starting, I was so excited when it got here and we got started.

Do you know how long you have injections for before egg pick up? Wishing you all the luck in the world

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't been on for ages either, we finally had our 6 month quarantine finish and had first IVF with frozen eggs. BT was this morning so we should know this afternoon if it worked!