+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes going again this cycle. Am disappointed but knew there was every chance we wouldn't be successful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great that you are able to go again I think that's the best way to do it. Our third IUI resulted in our now 10month old son. How many cycles have you done?

I would love for our next IUI to work first time too but I have to be realistic it may take two or three like last time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That was our first go at IUI, so this next cycle will be our second.
    Has anyone ever found the frozen sperm to be of low quality, or the clinic wouldn't allow it for selection??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by nickle86 View Post
    That was our first go at IUI, so this next cycle will be our second.
    Has anyone ever found the frozen sperm to be of low quality, or the clinic wouldn't allow it for selection??
    Hi Nickle. Our clinic was really strict about the sperm that could be used for IUI's. Some of the donors could only be used for IVF and some could be used for both. They had to meet a certain standard to be allowed for insemination.

Are you concerned about the quality of sperm you used?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We skipped IUI and went straight to IVF on the suggestion of our FS. We used frozen donor sperm from US and our FS told us at the beginning that the imported sperm suggested ICSI (which we went with). My understanding is that there is no difference in the quality of the sperm , but the motility is lower from some donors (so perfectly fine for IVF/ICSI but not as good for IUI). That wasn't the only reason we went with IVF/ICSI rather than IUI but was one of our considerations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No not worried, I dont believe QFG would allow bad quality sperm. They are very specific with the type of donor sperm we could choose from. I suppose when a donor hasn't had reported pregnancies yet, you just wonder :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are with qfg too. Did the tell you the motility and parts per million once it was thawed, if not they will have noted it down and you can ask.

Considering donors receive payment in the US and the increased population you can feel assured that only the best of the best sperm makes it to the donor sperm list

Our donor also had no reported pregnancies we were the first and in the 10 months since our sons birth he has reached his donation quota in Australia and number of families. We will be using our sons donor for our next cycle starting in 10 days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by nickle86 View Post
    No not worried, I dont believe QFG would allow bad quality sperm. They are very specific with the type of donor sperm we could choose from. I suppose when a donor hasn't had reported pregnancies yet, you just wonder :-)
    Our daughter was our donors first reported pregnancy. Doesn't mean anything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reassurance :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Did a hycosy today....apparently I have textbook uterus and tubes and DP has healthy ovaries with eggs...fingers crossed we get bfp first go.