+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    See, I love that we did IUI and we don't have any plans to do ivf just yet. The next cycle will be our 3rd IUI cycle

Everyone is different though :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    IUI was a much nicer process and DP was involved. Ivf is so much more clinical. I wish we had conceived that way, but financially were banking on ivf being more successful. Fingers crossed.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm with you best things. IUI was ironically far more emotionally draining for me, despite the extra hormones etc.

I think the thing with IVF for me was, when they put that embryo back there was no doubt for me that there was something in there. While with IUI I didn't even know if it'd worked until the end.

Dp and i talked to our cell baby every night knowing he was there

It's also pretty cool having a pic of our baby at 8 cells old!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! Hope you don't mind me joining in, I have been reading along and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Cara, my fiance and I are starting the ttc process atm. We are in Melbourne but will be having treatment in QLD with qfg. They have been so nice over the phone helping us to get the most out of each trip and hopefully we'll be heading up next month for our first appt and counselling. So excited!!

From what I've read so far and due to cost my prefernce at the moment is to go straight to IVF. Can I ask those ladies that are choosing IUI what made you go that way? Also any qfg ladies that have gone straight to IVF and did the clinic have any issues with this?

Thanks for reading

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    cara if you don't mind me asking why the commute to QLD

Thanks
    Reviews
    When DF was 16 she was in a fight at school and ended up being charged over it. Vic legislation requires a police check. It's unfair but it is what it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    I think another thing that influences my feelings towards IVF and IUI is the fact that when I went in for pick up I had over 16 follies and only ended up with 8 eggs, it just plays over and over in my mind that all those IUIs could have been a waste because there may have not even been an egg to begin with. Also, of the 8, many didn't fert and some had something wrong with them. Everyone has different situations and for some people IUI is amazing. My cycles were unmedicated and I do agree that as a process it was so much more enjoyable. I became awfully sick after IVF and ended up in hospital for a few days. It's just one of those things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your perspective, I think the pros will def outweigh the cons in our situation but I'm interested to hear the clinics pov

Thanks
    Reviews
    we are with QFG Brisbane. If we had wanted to do ivf first off it wouldn't have been a problem. Our FS made it clear the decision was ours. He was clear about costs and success rates.

We did choose IUDI first, because it seemed like an easier process and a little closer to the 'natural' way of conceiving ! Well as close as we would get. And to be honest I guess we naively thought it would work within the first couple of attempts.

When that didn't happen the reality if cost became apparent and we thought that at least with ivf we have a more measurable process. We will know how many eggs after stimms there really are. And if the egg fertilizes etc. then it's all down to the transfer process. Iui has a few more unknowns.

To date as a comparison, iui was a much more pleasant process. I'm due for egg pickup on tues and am in a considerable state of discomfort. All worth it if it gets a positive result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck on epu candE, hope you get many good quality eggs.

We will be going straight to IVF, guess in the end its whats best for you as a couple.

How is everyone's weekend.?

DD is starting to ask questions I guess at 3 they do begib to see that our family is different. Maybe its time to find her some friends with two mummies

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hers&Hers For This Useful Post:

CandE  (20-10-2013)