+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The counselling session is our last hurdle to and I've been freaking out of what they're going to say, I'm picturing cross examining us, asking questions to trip us up. Feel much more relaxed about it now.

Would just like to ask, what is everyone's view on medicated/non medicated iui cycles?

Is medicated more beneficial and is the success rate higher? If you have no fertility problems do you still go through the meds?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 2mummiestobe View Post
    The counselling session is our last hurdle to and I've been freaking out of what they're going to say, I'm picturing cross examining us, asking questions to trip us up. Feel much more relaxed about it now.

Would just like to ask, what is everyone's view on medicated/non medicated iui cycles?

Is medicated more beneficial and is the success rate higher? If you have no fertility problems do you still go through the meds?

Thanks
    Hey 2mummies,

My partner and I did 4 unmediated iui's because we didn't want to risk multiples and the FS was adamant that she was very fertile and it was the best course of action. 4 cycles later and no BFP was extremely emotionally and financially straining. If we had our time again I would probably insist we be a little more aggressive and do medicated cycles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2mummiestobe View Post

Thanks
    The first cycle we did was supposed to be clomid CD2-6 and then a trigger shot later but our FS was away and the stupid one we saw that day didn't want DP to have the trigger shot. That cycle was a bfn.
    Second cycle was clomid and then trigger shot and was bfp but then missed miscarriage at almost 9 weeks

I would go with medicated over unmedicated as it slightly increases your chance. Yes, there is a risk of multiples but if that's something you're comfortable with, then that's prob the better way to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    And the next cycle will do will also be medicated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, that information helps.

So what does clomid do? What are the side effects of all the drugs? I know I'll be asking the fs all this too but I can't wait for that lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think clomid kind of controls your cycles and helps ovulation along. I know for DP it helps pull her cycles into a perfect 28 day cycle. Without clomid they're 35 days

The trigger shot DP had was Ovidrel and it helps to bring on ovulation so insem can be timed.

DP had mood swings and hot flushes on clomid. I think they were the worst symptoms.

With Ovidrel, she had all pregnancy symptoms...bloating, vomiting, sore and larger boobs. She also had bad ovulation pain :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had two medicated cycles, even with several follicles, I still think I only had one egg, as I only felt one pain when it released. First cycle I only had one follicle even though it was medicated. As we were paying for donor sperm, I wanted to throw everything we had at each attempt. To do non medicated didn't make sense to me But then again, if I had twins I'd be stoked!!! So was more than happy to risk a multiple pregnancy.

If I had my time over, I would have started with ivf and skipped the iui process.

oh, and drug wise. I was on femera, then puregon, with a pregnyl trigger and booster.

this time for ivf, I'm on puregon with an ovidrel trigger

Thanks
    Reviews
    And I meant to post this in the other thread knock knock penny..... But I'm so sorry for yours and DP's loss at 9 weeks.... My heart goes out to you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CandE View Post
    And I meant to post this in the other thread knock knock penny..... But I'm so sorry for yours and DP's loss at 9 weeks.... My heart goes out to you xx
    Thanks xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Yeah. If we had our time again I think we would have skipped the iui's! With the donor sperm they actually ended up costing heaps more than the IVF!