+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

DW and I saw our FS yesterday, as well as the clinic's counsellor for mandatory counselling to access donor progam and are progressing through the process to start on our path to becoming parents.

Bloods and Ultrasound have revealed that despite being diagnosed PCOS 10 years ago, there is nothing to indicate that I have PCOS at all. AMH level though is through the roof though, which means if we opt for IVF I will be high risk for OHSS. DW and I had previously thought we would go straight to IVF due to the higher success rate and possibility of getting some frosties, however FS said with IVF due to my AMH we would be looking at very low stim to reduce risk of OHSS (so potentially a few cancelled cycles until the right medication point is reached) and aiming for 5 or 6 eggs at pick up at the most, meaning less chance of freezing any for later FET.

Our next step is to decide how we want to progress - IVF or DI IUI - and I have no idea which way to go. Would be grateful for any wisdom you ladies would like to share

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeMM View Post
    Hi All,

DW and I saw our FS yesterday, as well as the clinic's counsellor for mandatory counselling to access donor progam and are progressing through the process to start on our path to becoming parents.

Bloods and Ultrasound have revealed that despite being diagnosed PCOS 10 years ago, there is nothing to indicate that I have PCOS at all. AMH level though is through the roof though, which means if we opt for IVF I will be high risk for OHSS. DW and I had previously thought we would go straight to IVF due to the higher success rate and possibility of getting some frosties, however FS said with IVF due to my AMH we would be looking at very low stim to reduce risk of OHSS (so potentially a few cancelled cycles until the right medication point is reached) and aiming for 5 or 6 eggs at pick up at the most, meaning less chance of freezing any for later FET.

Our next step is to decide how we want to progress - IVF or DI IUI - and I have no idea which way to go. Would be grateful for any wisdom you ladies would like to share
    Hi!

Going off our experience, iui is a waste of time (and money) and I will never do it again when we try again for baby #2 etc. We will go straight to IVF.

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeMM View Post
    Hi All,

I was 22 when DP and I started trying for a baby. My body was dining everything perfect. Our chances of conceiving through IUI were massive. 4 failed attempts later and we think IUI is a massive waste of time and money. We will be going straight to ivf next bub. I was on a minor dose of fsh but still got ohss - but I got my bfp first ivf and to us it was all about the endgame.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

GDYB03  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, Happy New Year!

TeeMM like the other ladies say IUI can be a waste of time, energy and money. I did 4, had an early m/c on the third and others BFN. Although they are easier on the body emotionally the BFN is hard and they still cost quite a lot. I liked knowing at least an embryo went in with IVF! As for aiming for a few eggs, it doesn't necessarily mean you won't get to freeze any. Some people get lots of eggs and no frosties. I had 5 mature eggs, transferred one day 5 and have three frozen so it can work out with small numbers. Good luck with what you choose, it has to feel right for you and DW.

We are starting a natural FET cycle and waiting to see if I ovulate on my own. Think there's about a 50:50 chance as for some reason after the m/c I have had a few anovulatory cycles. Anyone else had that or ideas to help ovulation? If it doesn't happen FS should agree to do a medicated FET next time I hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi TeeMM,

We were quite lucky & our 2nd IUI worked & we have a very active 12 month year old DD. So it can happen! I had been eating right, taking my vitamins, exercising & had just lost 23kgs prior so I think all that really helped. I also had to have a polypectomy & a D&C the month before our 1st attempt so I think that may have helped also.

It is a gamble but we have decided when we go again (with DP) we will try at least 2 IUI's again. Good luck with your decision

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partner and I also starting visiting FS and starting the paperwork/ counselling cycle prior to donor IUI. Although the chances are not brilliant, we are still looking at 2-3 rounds of IUI before considering IVF. Basically, we're a bit low tech, and would like to try something a bit less intervention first. It's all personal preference, and we have friends who fell pregnant round 2 IUI. Also friends who were unsuccessful and ended up with IVF! It's a trade off I'm willing to take, but may have a different opinion on a few months time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 3 failed iui and now I'm moving on to ivf.
    I am happy to have 3iui attempt
    I would recommendations lease 2 attemps then try ivf,

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think money wise, it seems most people would have preferred to go straight to IVF. But I would try IUI first, you could be lucky to get pregnant without stress of IVF, at least 1 or 2....that's just what I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and experiences. DW and I are still contemplating our next move but have a few weeks with some more tests and things before we're ready to make a decision. Your experiences and thoughts are valuable and much appreciated.

Cheers,

T

Thanks
    Reviews
    IUI worked for us first go so I think it's different for everyone.

TwoMummas - On the journey to becoming Mums.

Lucky first IUI attempt.
    EDD - 8th July 2014

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app.