+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Japan was amazing! If you do decide to go there I could definitely recommend a cheap Ryokan (hotel) that does Japan style. DP and I stayed there for 11 days and it only cost us like $1200 and it was walking distance from one of the largest train stations in old Tokyo (Ueno). Walking distance from a beautiful duck pond, large zoo just a beautiful place to stay.

The food was the very best part! We didn't eat anything a pregnant person couldn't eat and we look back on it now as the very best time of our lives. Disneyland was unbelievable even though we're both adults and the parade was the most amazing thing. We ate churros shaped like mickey mouse, lol. I believe March might be cherry blossom season (Sakura). Which is wedding season also and at the park in Ueno and Shinjuku there are many beautiful brides and guests wearing Kimono's!

As you can tell we may be Japan crazy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    It looks like everyone is well into there journeys, ours on the other hand is at a complete stop. We made a "very mature" decision, according to my mum, to put everything on hold until next year. The time wasn't right with, over 10 family birthdays, Christmas, employment uncertainties and not having enough money on top of all that.

I don't know how some of you do cycle after cycle and still have money to live day to day, is there some magical secret I haven't been told yet? We also thought that at such a stressful time of year it wouldn't be the best conditions to grow a baby with not eating healthy due to late nights, late nights and early mornings for work and work functions, birthday parties, Christmas Day in general and through in gym whole family into the mix lol

Just thinking about it all stresses me out and there's only been 3 birthdays and one Christmas party lol

We send our very best wishes to all the growing babies and eggs yet to be babies and too all the mummies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    BestThings, they did not mention any grade. Funny, I read things about TTC, IVF, etc, and I'd heard about embryo grading, but when I was there, all those questions completely just did not occur to me to ask! Maybe something about having my legs up in the air, or soon to be having my legs up in the air? Lol.

Anyway, when we got there, the scientist said that both our 2 fertilised eggs were still going (which I was so surprised and relieved by - I was expecting the worst). I think they weren't quite as far along as they'd like when they checked first thing in the morning (4 cells I think, when they aim for 5-8?), but by the time of transfer, the little embryo had divided some more and was looking more developed

2mummiestobe, what I've found so far is that the TTC path seems to be full of stops and starts, and if now's not quite the right time, it's probably best not to push through, and wait until the timing feels a bit better. As for money - no secret that I know of unfortunately - it's expensive. I often stop to think about how lucky we are and what a privileged position we are in to be able to afford to do it at all. That said, we don't have too many tries in us - hopefully we won't need them

Flower, you must be excited about EPU on Monday! Bummer about having to wake up so early (or stay up late?) for the trigger shot! Maybe it'll make it feel more exciting though? Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all,

Wifey and I have recently embarked on the journey of a lifetime, with the hopes of growing our family to 6 or more. We are 28 and 29 with 2 puppies and a cat, and can't wait to add a baby human to the mix.

Firstly, just wanted to thank all the lovely ladies on this thread who have shared and continue to share their journey. I came across this thread in what seems like an epic mission to learn everything there is to learn about the the process of becoming gay mums, and have spent a couple of hours reading through the 25 pages of history on this thread and must say I feel comforted in knowing we aren't alone in this adventure.

Our story so far (well the important bits anyway) goes something like this... We've been together for 7 years, married (well as married as you can be in Queensland) for 2 years. We've attended initial appointment with IVF Sunshine Coast a few weeks ago, followed by first appointment with our FS last week, leaving her office with a stack of pathology requests. At the pathologist the vials just kept coming, and I left feeling about 200mls lighter! I work away for 2 weeks before having a week at home so timing for everything is difficult to say the least but of course we started this process right before our FS's Christmas holidays, and so our next appointment won't be until late January when FS is back and I am home from work (she starts back in the clinic the day I fly back to work in Jan so have to wait 2 weeks longer!). On the bright side though, we are quickly becoming more and more patient about the process and happy to go with the flow for now.

Next appointment will be a review of bloods and ultrasound with the FS, followed by counselling as we're using the clinic's donor program, and then the fun will begin. Our clinic has a 3 month cooling off period for donor recipients, which is something that was a new concept to us at the initial appointment. I'm interested to know if any other clinics require this??

Enough from me, but again, thank you to all for sharing. Despite having a number of friends and family with kids, none of them have had to go through what we all do to be blessed with a baby so its nice to be able to discuss and query (of course by that I mean - stress out, freak out, become totally paranoid and lose the plot slightly) with others who have a grasp of what we are going through.

Very best wishes and lots of good baby vibes to everyone at the various stages and I look forward to getting to know some of you as we all go on this journey.

T

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    2mummies I'm sure you've made the decision that's right for you... And the new year really isn't that far away. As for the money thing me and DP had a rule - NO DEBT! So we started saving like you wouldn't believe. We saved and had a 'baby fund'. Every dollar that we got back from rebates we put back into the baby fund and each week we put as much money as we possibly could into it. We saved enough to do 4x IUI's with DS and 2x IVF if the IUI's didn't work - which they didn't. We really wanted to be able to go month after month as the wait was the hardest for us. We're a little impatient.

I've got my fingers crossed for you JustJaq. I almost forgot to ask what grade they'd given them. But the grades really don't mean that much apparently because a REALLY good one from a lady 40+ isn't as good as an average one from a 25 year old (or so I was told).

Welcome to the forums Tee. Congrats to you and your wife for taking the first steps needed! I promise you that this journey will have it's ups and downs but it will most certainly be worth it when you've got bub in your arms. DP and I went through Queensland Fertility Group in Spring Hill but used a Dr. Ben Kroon who worked out of Eve Health in Southbank. He is AMAZING! For two lesbians me and DP certainly had a pretty big crush on him. There was no waiting list for donor sperm and I was really happy with the selection we had to chose from. If you've got any questions the ladies in this forum certainly know a lot and are great even if you just feel like venting or sharing good news.

AFM - Still nothing much to report. DP has been fighting with our cot trying to paint it white for about 3 days now. Hopefully she wins! 24 weeks tomorrow and we have an appointment with the midwife team. Hope all goes well! And for those who were telling me not to stress about my baby belly... I may have put on a massive 1kg in 2 weeks and my belly has exploded out! ...Can't keep DP's hands off it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, after EPU last Wed, dreaded OHSS has come along. Partner has been in hospital for the last 2 days looking 4 months pregnant. They don't prepare you for that part do they? Must be thanks to the 27 follies that were made. Oh well - onwards and upwards!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi CandE.
    Sorry I'm late to the party but just wanted to say I'm thrilled to hear everything is still going good your end.

Hope everyone else is going good.

TwoMummas - On the journey to becoming Mums.

Lucky first IUI attempt.
    EDD - 8th July 2014

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Ouchies Cantwait! OHSS is not pleasant. When I had OHSS all I kept thinking was please don't let pregnancy hurt this much. But OHSS is tragic and pregnancy is not! I guess there had to be a bit of a downside to 27 follies! Hopefully DP recovers well and is out of hospital. Did you get a good fertilisation rate?

Hows everything going for you twomummas? Hopefully all is progressing well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome Tee. It is exciting to get started on the journey isn't it! I am sure you will get lots out of this forum I find it really helpful and so nice to chat with others who understand!

Just a quick update from me. Egg collection today and we got eight eggs! Feeling really pleased. Get to call tomorrow afternoon to check fertilization rate. A bit sick after the anaesthetic but otherwise all went well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Best Things!
    Yes things are going good. I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and hanging out for the 12 week scan. It's just such a paranoid feeling not knowing what's going on because our previous scan was 6 weeks and feels forever ago! I am just looking forward to knowing everything is going smoothly.

TwoMummas - On the journey to becoming Mums.

Lucky first IUI attempt.
    EDD - 8th July 2014

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app.