+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Hey girlies! We're back from our mini-holiday. We had so much fun. Fed horses, drove up the scariest drive way you can ever imagine and almost got bogged, stayed up late and woke up early and you wouldn't believe the view!

It's good to come home to see some of our same-sex sisters are getting somewhere on their TTC journey. JustJaq those numbers sound great! 8 is well within the range that they aim for when doing EPU. Hopefully you get a BFP and a few frosties. OHSS is horrible and avoid it at all costs! Let us know how you feel after your EPU. Congrats on being finished with the injections.

Thanks for updating us Two mummys. Good luck this cycle! I have my fingers crossed for you. The insem is so exciting but I find the TWW excruciating. I hear a lot of people say 'third time's the charm'. We felt so sure of our 3rd IUI, our FS even let DP do the final part of the insem. Wasn't to be for us but I pray it is for you!

How is everything going for you, Flower? I agree that you only need 1 good embie. Good luck with your follie numbers. Sorry to hear you've got bruises from injections! My tip would be to do it slowly. I always made DP do mine but she'd gently pinch a little bit of belly skin and very slowly push the needle in and it hurt so much less than the nurses/drs who would literally dart the needle into your skin.

I hope your little peanut is hanging on tight CandE. When do you have your next scan? Are you enjoying having a bit of a relax? I just pray this bubba is sticky and you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Thanks for the reassurance GDYB, just as I said that my belly started getting a little bigger! Really starting to grow now. Hope all is going well for you, DP and your bump.

Rainbowbabe, did you and DF get to do your FET? Are you in the TWW, which isn't really a TWW!? Wondering how everything is going for you and DF and hoping it's all good news. Baby dust to you!

Good luck girlies!

Baby dust!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

GDYB03  (04-12-2013),JustJaq  (03-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Best Things, your mini break sounds like fun. It's so nice to get away even for a few days! We have a holiday to plan for March but not sure where to go! Don't know if I'll want to go overseas if in first trimester so waiting a little for results of this cycle before booking.

I have my first blood test tomorrow then maybe ultrasound Friday if bloods looking good. Thinking it might be epu Mon or Wed next week. The injections are better now, you are right I think I was injecting too fast! The 50units last cycle went in so easily but I think 300 was a bit much when going in too fast.

Hope epu went well today JustJaq! How much time off work are you taking? My clinic suggested two days.

rainbowbabe hope DFs FET is going ahead, thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your good wishes, Best Things and Flower!

Best Things, sounds like you had a great mini-break, and that you’re at a good place in your pregnancy – yay!

EPU for me this morning – my first, and hopefully only It went well though. 10 eggs! Some immature, but still. I’m very happy with that. I was only really expecting 8, but some must have been hiding behind others - FS found them! Hopefully they fertilise now. I think the clinic call me tomorrow to let me know how they go overnight. Fingers crossed!

I’ve been resting up today- two naps and crappy tv. I don’t feel too bad. Hopefully I’ve avoided OHSS – if I was going to have problems I think they should have showed up by now? Bit of bleeding, but I think that’s to be expected. I’ve arranged to have today and tomorrow off work, so two days.

I have to start Crinone (I think that’s what they are) pessary things tomorrow morning, and the woman sitting next to me in recovery this morning (who had also had an EPU this morning) said that they can make you feel a bit blah. Does anyone have experience with them?

Flower, I echo Best Thing’s advice about the injections. The nurse recommended a quick dart-like jab for the injections, but I found that having DP doing them at a medium sort of pace (if that makes sense – the needle going in not too fast, not too slow, and the actual medication being pushed in slowly) into some pinched belly skin made them not too bad at all – barely felt some of them!

Flower, your circumstances sound similar to mine. It’s hard to plan ahead isn’t it, not knowing when you might be pregnant, but hoping it might be soon! Good luck for your blood tests and scan!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best things - your break must have been awesome sounds like it anyway!!!

Flower - fingers crossed its not long for you hun!!

Justjaq - 10 eggs is great!!! Hope they fertilise nicely for you! Can't wait to hear the results!

AFU - we are still in limbo land. CD20 and still no idea if this will go ahead or not!!! It's coming to an end one way or the other. They have assured us they will make a decision on Friday after more bloods. We don't want a transfer that is unlikely to work due to things not being right! It would be a stupid move with only 2 blasts! So we will just sit tight and wait! I'll be back on Friday afternoon to update. Right now I'm sticking my head in the sand!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Hey Flower, have you got any ideas where you might go? We went to Japan the day we got a BFN on our third IUI. We asked our FS if it would be okay if we were pregnant and went and he said it would be absolutely fine. He even nodded his head and laughed "of course" when we asked if it would be safe to go snowboarding. Keep that in mind for planning your holiday! We picked the day of our test to go because if it was positive we could celebrate and if it was negative we wouldn't care because we're in Japan!

Sounds like your EPU was a breeze JustJaq. Those numbers are great and I bet you're eagerly awaiting the fertilisation rates. DP and I used to wake up so early and sit around waiting until it was an appropriate time to call the scientists to find out about our embies each day. Good luck!

Sometimes you need a bit of a bubhub break rainbow. I know the feeling. But sometimes all your need is to chat away to the girls on here too. I find the same sex couples is my favourite section - I've even been thinking about creating a 'coming out stories' thread. It's funny that usually you wouldn't pay too much attention to DP's cycles and now that you are they decide to act up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

sounds like near,y everyone is moving along nicely. Frustrating for you though rainbow. But great to see a level headed approach. Why risk transfer if the conditions aren't right. Great way of thinking, also saves you money and more importantly heartache. I'd make the same call as you.

Good luck flowers, justjaq and two mummies, hope all goes to plan for all of you.

Best things I'm a little jealous! Lol. A getaway would be great right now!!

as for us,.... We saw Warren yesterday. I know it's not the right way to feel, but last week I felt so shafted, like, what was supposed to be a happy, amazing experience was ripped away from us when the path to conception is already hard enough.... Then to be on Valium, and other tablets that put me in a cycle of vomit, eat, sleep, vomit, eat sleep.... We were praying for good news.

im so thrilled to say, that it was all worth it. We have one healthy bub on board with a heart rate of 140bpm and measuring exactly 8w1d. Wazza scared us and had us holding our breath as it took a while for him to locate the regular heartbeat. But it was the experience I had wished we got the week prior.

i think wazza was a little shocked. Said he had never seen anything like it. There was one tiny black spot showing that he believes was the bleed, but the rest (90% of it) has completely disappeared. He just shook his head and said congratulations mums!! DP missed it, but wazza and I even saw it do a little bum wiggle. Cutest darned thing I ever saw.

Im off the drugs, but also still off work, no partying, hosting dinner parties or Christmas, no shopping unless I'm being pushed around in a wheelchair or hire a nana scooter lol.... But I don't care. Right now nothing else matters. We celebrated with an ice cream lol. Oh and I still have to continue the pessaries, tablets and clexane till week 11 or 12.

im now on the hunt for an OB. And wazza has agreed to do a 10week scan to make sure all is okay still.

heres is a pic of our ill cricket....
    Attached Images

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CandE For This Useful Post:

rainbowbabe  (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    CandE! That is the most fantastic news! So amazing! I'm so so glad you got your moment. Bubba is a fighter, hey! Your post made me so happy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

CandE  (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CandE fantastic news so happy for you guys.

Our EPU was yesterday, we were told there were 15 but it ended up being 27? Surely thats a record?? 18 are fertilised so far, now we see how they last for the next 5 days.

Justjaq any fertilised number news?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cantwait2013 For This Useful Post:

CandE  (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations CandE, that's great news. Must be so good to have a picture, and the bum wiggle! Hard to have so much time doing so little though...

Can't Wait, congrats on your egg numbers! Wonder why there were so many more than the FS originally thought? Great news on the fertilisation rate too!

As for me... well, only 2 of the 10 have fertilised... so I'm a bit down about that. They're keeping an eye on the other ones, but I suppose if they haven't fertilised by now they're probably not going to. I'll now be having a Day 3 transfer instead of the intended Day 5 transfer. Hopefully one (or both) make it that far...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

CandE  (07-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Wowee Cantwait those are some crazy numbers! Those ovaries were working over-time! Hopefully the dreaded OHSS stays far away. Great fertilisation rate! Looking forward to seeing how they travel! Good luck.

I'll cross everything for you Justjaq. This was also a very trying time for us. After we had heard that 5 fertilised of our 8 we called the next day to find out that 2 of those weren't fertilised properly so we only had 3. But those 3 were strong and of those 3 one became our BFP and the other 2 weren't good enough for the freezer. Just remember that it only takes one to be your baby!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (06-12-2013)